Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Win7 "Oh crap..."

I have a blue screen o death every time I boot up sayinggggg

"The bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant."

The fixes I have found are press F7/F6 yada yada -- I dont get that option and when I try it nothing happens.
    The other fix I found was disable/enable in power management settings in the BiOS -- I dont have that option either -.-; Unless I need to press something not F10 to get to that part of the BiOS

http://www.melodiesofdeath.com/classicred/bios.jpg
    http://www.melodiesofdeath.com/classicred/error1.jpg

Order of happenings!

'Advance' Format/Install of Win7 (7100) > Install nVidia drivers > reboot > pretty! > activation successful > firefox > avast > remove windows.old > reboot > oshit wtf

I have no problems formatting again but I dont want the same thing to happen all over again....So would like some ideas before I start the dirty business again :3

Random tid bits o information
    HP Pav. dv6707us (Laptop)
    AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core Proc. 1.90
    2GiG o Ram
    Geforce 7150M

System restore failed...lol

Mobo was replaced about 4 months ago right before warranty died so no idea if the Mobo was replaced with a replica of the stock mobo or a new one (I hope theres a nontechy way to figure this out if you need that information <.<)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Update your BIOS?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Update your BIOS?
    The only option I found was something to do with SiD cards ~ Atleast through HP site...and through the phoenix(bios says PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility) site Im not entirely sure what to pick @.@;

BiOS are mysterys to me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Select software and drivers HP Pavilion dv6707us Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Bios F.32 which is what I have Someone found a F.45 for intel processors but Im not finding anything for AMD

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

HP, Pheonix, and AMD, all horrible things in one~

I dont recall if that BIOS has a facotry reset, but could try that, you can also try reinistalling F32 via floppy and see if that works. Id say pop out the CMOS battery, but it would be too hard in a laptop.

If flashing the BIOS doesnt work, it might of just been a fluke. Do a complete format and reinstall, and see if it happens again.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    HP, Pheonix, and AMD, all horrible things in one~

I dont recall if that BIOS has a facotry reset, but could try that, you can also try reinistalling F32 via floppy and see if that works. Id say pop out the CMOS battery, but it would be too hard in a laptop.

If flashing the BIOS doesnt work, it might of just been a fluke. Do a complete format and reinstall, and see if it happens again.

Fubar

I have such great luck with computers !

I need to format anyway as windows wont boot at all wont even attempt a repair anymore...

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

HP Pav. dv6707us (Laptop)

oh god. That particular model (among many, many models) had a very weird bios that made downgrades from vista annoyingly difficult (to xp, for example)

My point is, if you were to attempt to install XP on that machine, the same error would show up.

Try disabling APM and see if it works.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    Try disabling APM and see if it works.
    Maybe its the Loratab i just took but wuts APM @.@;?

After a complete redone format (erased all previous versions started from scratch format) its up and running again ~ Only thing I've done is update the video drives ~ Gonna leave it up over night see if it stays stable...

Then try to activate it/go on with my installs~

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

ACPI replaces APM, turning it off should resolve ACPI errors, hopefully. Although the whole thing shouldn't involve user interaction, sometimes weird shit happens.

䝡瑥睡礠卵灰潲琠ⴠ坨慴⁩猠䅐䴠慮

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

How do I check what BIOS I have? I bought the Professional Windows 7 64-bit and will be upgrading from Vista Home Premium 32-bit, so this may be important before upgrading?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Hold down delete or press the delete key after you hear the POST beep upon booting. This will bring up the BIOS menu.

Also, be sure to back up all of your information. x64 from x86 will require a clean install.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Ah ~ I dont have any power management options in my BiOS~

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

Anyone has a clue what those devices are/where I could potentially get the drivers @.@;?

USB works, CDRom works, SD Slot works, volume touch pad controls work

Also stayed stable all night + activated + installed firefox this am with several reboots and still working ~ Just worried about those drivers now I guess...

As a random 'funny' just noticed the second SS a few mins ago as well D: ACPI my arse...

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

You have to be careful with laptop BIOS options, they're never really as advanced as PC ones. Also, while I've never had trouble upgrading an operating system on a laptop, you need to remember that drivers may not exist for those particular parts (because they're coded into the stupid-ass-machine by those idiot manufacturers) so you may not even be able to upgrade it. At least, not without problems.

Just noticed, as well, that you did a clean install. You should have upgraded it; you might have had less problems. I don't know how to fix the ACPI problem, but you may want to look at HP's site to find the drivers.

The system restore disc should work just fine if you're putting it in before you boot.