FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    ..Because every job can wear Haidate?
    No way Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    It's pretty bad. I can't make anything that top byakko haidate. And wtf at 3% haste and 2% double attack...why they give you less of the worse stats.

Only good combo i see so far is
    -5% physical dmg down 3% haste,
    -8% run speed 5% cure potency
    and macro shit for pet job
    Does Barrage+1 mean an extra shot on Barrage? And how often would that matter with Barrage's thing where it stops when you miss one hit?

MAB and MB bonus would be about 8~9% damage increase on MB (assuming AF2, depending on static earring and whether you're using a T4 or a 5/5 AM2). But I don't think I MB enough anymore to make it worthwhile, so I might do crit dmg+3% for cannonball and either enmity-4 for the 2nd augment or acc+7 and maybe use it for vorpal as well?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

5% Skillchain DMG+ maybe for jobs that Self-chain?

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    Haste 3%
    Double Attack 2%

replace homam
    Why would you sacrifice 3.5% hit-rate for a >2% chance to attack twice?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Mhh interesting. Nothing my SAM could use, thank goodness I can keep my Haidate. Might just make a Movement Speed one. Guess my BRD could get Song Recast Delay -3 and Movement Speed+8 lol for specific situations? But I dont really want my BRD wearing weird dragon slacks lol.
    The Waltz TP Cost -5 seems interesting. Maybe I could mace a macro piece for my SAM for campaign lol.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Argettio View Post
    I think it will work for DNC and /DNC as the steps have a fixed cost which could have a 'conserve' stat added.
    I think that this is a good assumption. even if it did allow you to conserve a portion of TP after weaponskills, it would most likely be just as random as "Conserve MP".

WS use all your TP no matter how much you have, so I don't think it will work like that.
    It was just as easy to say that Spells use all of the MP of their cost before conserve MP equipment was introduced. I think this is a moot point really.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Almost sure Barrage +1 means an extra shot. So, with AF+1 hands and augmented pants, that would be 8?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeydonkey View Post
    5% Skillchain DMG+ maybe for jobs that Self-chain?
    I assume it will activate when you are the closer of the skill chain (solo or otherwise).

Which opens up the interesting debate for sam, when self SCing, do you wear your STR legs for to close or these?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Great...

So I have not a clue what to make for SMN. While the +20 Siphon looks interesting, I think that might mean +20 MP, which... is not so hot. 20 MP probably isn't worth the slot.

However, the +pet stats are nice. However... I'm wondering if there is any justifying the +movement speed.

Argh, I can't decide!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuki View Post
    It was just as easy to say that Spells use all of the MP of their cost before conserve MP equipment was introduced. I think this is a moot point really.
    No, If I have 300 MP and cast stone 1 it does not use 300MP
    If I have 300TP and use a WS it DOES cost 300TP.

The mechanic is different, WS use all the TP available to them (bar 2 sam abilities) where as spells and steps have a cost.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

And pass up 7 accuracy?
    fuck yes

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram View Post
    Does Barrage+1 mean an extra shot on Barrage? And how often would that matter with Barrage's thing where it stops when you miss one hit?

MAB and MB bonus would be about 8~9% damage increase on MB (assuming AF2, depending on static earring and whether you're using a T4 or a 5/5 AM2). But I don't think I MB enough anymore to make it worthwhile, so I might do crit dmg+3% for cannonball and either enmity-4 for the 2nd augment or acc+7 and maybe use it for vorpal as well?
    I noticed the barrage +1 thing after. If it's 1 hit, it could be pretty good for rng as a macro, especially if it can be used on the activation (and not on the shot).

the -5tp thing for dnc sound good too?

And yeah, unless they change magic bursting dynamics greatly, it sound like an hassle, unless you want epeen screenshot. Althought, 10% is significant enough for when it happens.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

different equips for closing chains would be fun/tricky to macro (Spellcast etc)

Also it seems perhaps that the new item system is being put in someone over at Allakhazam has these pictures of armor. It looks like interchangeable armor? Speculation? Socket system perhaps. I need some downers. This is making my mind race. The post is on the main forums of the site. From that post:

On 10/29/2009 at 1:00am PST, SE conducted a Preparatory Version Update that was not accompanied by any server maintenance. This Preparatory Version Update downloaded files 14 new folders for a total of 1704 files.

So far it looks to be a huge dump of new armor and animations... I am looking to post them soon so sit tight

Update:

there are 3 different sets which I am guessing follows the 3 sets to cover all jobs similar to Nyzul and Mini expansion.

each "set" has 9 to 10 subsets so there is a total of 30 new sets for a total of 150 new armor pieces

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

4% more movement speed and i could have laughed as the gaiterz market burned into the ground. Would there really be any noticeable difference between the two when solo/kiting though as far as getting hit goes?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The list is actually pretty impressive. Haste+ and Acc for Homam jobs looks great although I'll probably stick to my Homam. The movement speed is pretty enticing, but is 8% even worthwhile? Heralds/Wlegs/Hermes/Trotters/Skadi are all 12% I believe, but 8% should still allow you to outrun most mobs eventually.

As for me, I'm highly thinking about mab/macc+4 for QD, but those pants are so ugly and it's not a huge upgrade over Denali Kecks... *sigh*

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'm really at a loss as to what to pick for SMN. Any thoughts from anyone else?

I really don't know if that +20 Siphon is justifiable if it's only 20 MP...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

"Conserve TP" doesn't appear to be a typo considering they have "Pet: Store TP+8" in the next column...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

For damage on Blm +4 macc +4 mab would be better than Mahatma right?

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    For Blm +4 macc +4 mab would be better than Mahatma right?
    Even if you wanted that, there's h. legs, and you could use these legs for something else. I'm not sure off the top of my head what the situations would be where you would use it, though, since I had morrigan legs already before I got them (they were going to be trashed).