Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jailer Of Prudence Lowman     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bootykilla

Jailer Of Prudence Lowman

I am pretty much familiar with the depopping. Will have THF pop and flee to SLD and have NIN go also, both out of alliance, in case THF dies short.

I am more curious how difficult doing this as 2x RDM/NIN. I have heard about kiting around the bushes but is there specific bush that benefits most for dot/kite?

Is there anything I should know? Or is this even possible with areasonable success rate?

Thanks in advance.

Both RDMs need powder boots(multiple copies). One needs wlegs. I would advise idling in the boots to avoid timers when necessary.

1. Seperate parties, full buff(composure probably makes this noticably easier), use tacos.
    2. The RDM with wlegs pops them, the other tags the unclaimed one and uses 3-4 powder boots to train as far as possible(past the entrance to sealion's den), then dies and reraises. At the same time, the RDM with wlegs should be kiting theirs around the bush.
    3. After the deaggroed copy has been walking toward the other for 3 minutes, it'll depop and the other will open it's mouth. At this point, the RDM with wlegs should use powder boots(multiple copies if necessary) and head toward sealion's den.
    4. The other RDM should be standing up next to the huxzoi zoneline, and getting buffs up/mp back from weakness, when the wlegs rdm gets there they should stand on the right end of the ramp, bottom of it.
    5. Trade hate, keeping Bio up. It warps on occasion, but it also likes to path all the way down the ramp and around, giving you free time. You need to be very good at trading hate, if it warps a few times in a row you start to have problems. I would not recommend doing this with RDMs that don't at least have a PROPER -physical build(including darksteel+1, not just terras/cheviot). I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't warp all of the time, might have to do with the actual distance to the player being low when hate changes even though it needs to path around the ramp.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Thief can kite the add but it requires flee boots & JA flee. Perfect dodge might be needed. Once the thf claims the other fishy, run toward Tav. Make sure the thief knows there way because one wrong turn and this fight can turn ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Thief can kite the add but it requires flee boots & JA flee. Perfect dodge might be needed. Once the thf claims the other fishy, run toward Tav. Make sure the thief knows there way because one wrong turn and this fight can turn ugly.
    he's referring to rogue's poulaines

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Why would you bother taking it to the ramp? In previous fights I would just kite one around the bush whilst alliance killed the other (I know this is unnecessary but its how we did it). I could usually get it down to 95%ish from tier 1-2 nukes and bio if it didn't spam molt, in the time it took the linkshell to kill the first one and fully rest for the second.

Obviously without an alliance constantly feeding tp to the other one it would be much easier as it would tp far less, but there was never an issue kiting it around the bush and damaging it. Around the bush there is a shark that wonders close but if you stick to the bush it will never aggro whereas around the bottom of the ramp I have noticed sharks travel around quite freely (although you may have found a completely safe spot).

Quote Originally Posted by Killkenny View Post
    Why would you bother taking it to the ramp? In previous fights I would just kite one around the bush whilst alliance killed the other (I know this is unnecessary but its how we did it). I could usually get it down to 95%ish from tier 1-2 nukes and bio if it didn't spam molt, in the time it took the linkshell to kill the first one and fully rest for the second.

Obviously without an alliance constantly feeding tp to the other one it would be much easier as it would tp far less, but there was never an issue kiting it around the bush and damaging it. Around the bush there is a shark that wonders close but if you stick to the bush it will never aggro whereas around the bottom of the ramp I have noticed sharks travel around quite freely (although you may have found a completely safe spot).
    The bottom of the ramp is entirely safe and you can rest while it does the lap around the ramp(it takes literally a minute), putting most/all your mp toward nukes. At the bush, once one's dead and mouth opens you're going to get hit every attempt to use a t3 nuke if you have hate. If it does temporal shift there's a decent chance it'll kill someone or both of you before it wears, whereas at the ramp just getting hit a few times will shed enough hate that it runs off and stun is long gone before it gets to the other person. I'm sure it's more than possible at the bush, I just feel the ramp is a safer approach to the fight.

Bootykilla

Which bush exactly are you talking about? There are several by the ???.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    The bottom of the ramp is entirely safe and you can rest while it does the lap around the ramp(it takes literally a minute), putting most/all your mp toward nukes. At the bush, once one's dead and mouth opens you're going to get hit every attempt to use a t3 nuke if you have hate. If it does temporal shift there's a decent chance it'll kill someone or both of you before it wears, whereas at the ramp just getting hit a few times will shed enough hate that it runs off and stun is long gone before it gets to the other person. I'm sure it's more than possible at the bush, I just feel the ramp is a safer approach to the fight.
    Good points, I guess the ramp would also provide some more protection against sinate rush which also has a fairly large radius.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Shitty paint map below, I'll see if I accidently hit the prnt scrn button whilst kiting it

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...Altaieu_NM.png

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by xilian View Post
    he's referring to rogue's poulaines
    My bad, should have made it more clear. Yes, these boots along with Flee Boots are a good idea.

We killed it with BLM BRD WHM RDM PLD using a THF to keep zoning the copy to the updraft until we have the first one low enough, then he lets it depop. I have Aegis and the BRD had Gjallarhorn but I'm confident I could do it without either, with Phalanx II damage it deals minuscule damage, WHM seldom goes below 1000 MP. Of course, it depends on your definition of lowman.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

that's a really good guide thorny. i want to try this ^^. I don't have a good -phys% build yet, though :/, but w.legs and a bundle of p.boots are go

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

When I did this I had a THF or RDM use 2-3 powder boots to run the add away, don't need to make it all the way to the updraft, can die and RR earlier than that.
    The RDM who is tagging one should use boots too, and take it to a nearby rock a little southeast of the spawn area (don't have the pos sorry), it's quite large and gives you a lot of room to kite, no shark aggro either. It was smooth enough for us to nuke it down some, then solo kite till someone changed to THF for the kill.
    I wouldn't try it without natural movement speed+, runs pretty fast before the other one depops, and during Perfect dodge.

Banned.

BG Level

Sorry for bump, but I didn't feel like starting a new thread.

Have done this before and have never had problems with it, but my group went to do this today, and Prudence went batshit crazy on us. Main party popped, and it was my job to despawn the clone. I started casting dispel on it, but before my spell was complete the copy went claimed to the party. Now they all swear up and down that no one touched it, which after checking my logs, no one did unless someone used a job ability, which I had filtered.

The group proceeded to wipe, due to not being set up for 2 prudences. When the last player was killed, the 2 prudences didn't attempt to go back to spawn point, they just stood there. Even odder, was that one of the prudences remained claimed to that party. I RR'd, popped boots, and kited them both for a few minutes while the party recovered. I took them pretty far away from the spawn point to kite them around one of the islands. They warp haxed and caught up to me, and my weakness had worn while i was kiting, so I wasn't cured and they killed me before I could get away. After they killed me, once again they didn't move, and one of them remained claimed to the other party still. The others couldn't get out to me in time to reclaim and they despawned. Has anyone ever had anything like this happen, or should I submit a bug report?

tl;dr - Prudence broken, anyone else have issues?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilo86 View Post
    someone used a job ability, which I had filtered
    People lie.

It's not necessarily someone lying. Something about popping it in a party or alliance can cause both of them to be claimed to that party. It doesn't always happen but when it does, it certainly doesn't have to be because someone did something. The best way to do it to ensure this doesn't happen is if you are kiting off one of the Prudences, then you be the one to pop them, solo and outside of party. One will pop claimed to you and the other will pop unclaimed. The main group then tags the unclaimed one (takes 2 actions to turn the name purple). The red one will stay one you regardless due to null-hate/super-tank mechanics. You don't need (and shouldn't even bother) touching it.

Then just go about your business. If you are not depopping it and you have 1-2 people to assist you in holding it (or are using more than one person to depop for safety), you are safe to join a party with them once the 2nd one turns purple-named (if you join early you run the risk of the second automatically becoming claimed to your new party as with the same issue you described today).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure people pop outside of alliance because there seems to be some sort of alliance hate otherwise? (as was said). So just pop outside next time.

It's also really fun to low man it around a bush :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    I'm pretty sure people pop outside of alliance because there seems to be some sort of alliance hate otherwise? (as was said). So just pop outside next time.

It's also really fun to low man it around a bush :D
    Alliance hate is 50 yalm I think, but I'm not sure for this one. It's always safer to disband in case someone rest or w/e.

About the fight, it's always safer to pull it at the tower (K-10, where the 3 quasilumin are) since there is a big tree and a large bush that can be used to kite. If you're manaburning, it give you a lot more place to bounce.

If you're lazy, you can simply use the tree Killkenny circled, however, you need to get ride of the phuabo, and less experienced BLM will have more trouble bouncing hate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

When I did it, we used 4 people, SCH, RDM, COR (all /nin), brd that called out who had hate. I depopped it on cor with the flee boots method + move legs.

We kited it near those 2 quasi that has this series of 3 bushes. It worked well enough, was a little scary when it ported around, though. Once hate was even, 3 shadows taken would generally set it on someone else.. and it eventually stopped porting and two houring.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Level BLU to 99 then joo kan pwnzorz. who kneeds guilds i r teh solo mister.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast