+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 199 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Red Seas Under Red Skies continues from The Lies of Locke Lamora.

Not sure when book 3 will be out.
    Last I heard it will be out next October. It was originally supposed to come out this year but he's had a few RL issues that have caused the book to be delayed. Really excited for the next one

sort of a spoiler
    Spoiler: show
    We finally get to meet Sabetha

As for me I'm trying to burn through the WoT series so I can read The Gathering Storm. I'd been really disillusioned with the series after waiting for the abominations that were books 8-9-10, but Sanderson seams to have returned the series back to what made the first 5 books so good.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Silvermoon

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    That's an alternate cover I think, pretty sure the original I have isnt that gay

And hellz yeah I will need to do a reread pretty damn soon.
    same cover in eu, dude doesnt know perspective/proportion for shit and all the people look like action figures lol

been rereading WoT, can't find book 11 but if i recall nothing happened anyway. also just finished:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA240_.jpg

starts off slow but gets better

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

still whittling away at Infinite Jest. been slowly going thru most of David Foster Wallace's books/essays over the past few years, that one's been a work in progress for about as long, haha. having to restart it about three times probably didn't help, but oh well, finally getting close to the end now!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

nonzero by robert wright

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

If you pick up "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card, you will be changed. The rest of the series is phenomenal as well, but the first book serves well as a stand alone if need be. Also, I wouldn't be a proper fanboy if I didn't mention that EVERY book of his that I've ever read was fantastic.

I've been reading Raymond E. Feist's 'Magician' series lately. It's very decent. Better than 'Wheel of Time' in my opinion.

The best non-fiction book I've ever read that I will forever recommend to everyone is "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins. This book changed the way I think.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Black Company series by Glen Cook. I am on the fourth book at the moment, Shadow Games, and every one so far has been amazing.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Personally I'm always willing to pay extra to have the book day one; I'm just too big a fan to wait. You might try looking for a PDF or some other electronic version online until you can pick up the paperback.
    I can wait a little longer. Not like I don't have enough games to occupy my time lol. Plus all the other ones I have are paperback and I hate mixing a series up with some paper and some hardback. I'm kind of OCD when it comes to that stuff.

Funny World War Z got listed. I was actually reading it again last night before I went to bed. I may reread Pride and Prejudice and Zombies while I'm at work this week.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finished Survivor last week.

Reading Dark Tower now, upto book 6 but almost done with it.

Liking the Pratchett choices (I loved Small Gods, wasn't as struck on Feet of Clay) - got a few books on the go at the moment, I've got book ADHD I swear.

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett (the newest football-themed one... that's soccer for those of you who don't speak Brit).
    This is your life - John O'Farrell - had a few of his I've read over time and they're generally mild and fluffy and pass the time, and some god-awful chick lit thing I picked up from the library that I keep ploughing on with in the mistaken belief that it HAS to get better at some point (so far it hasn't and it's just a "cram as many brand names into each paragraph dross-fest" as it's possible to be, and they're all shagging each other in a fest of middle-class biological clock ticking hysteria).
    Toying with pulling the main Pratchett Death books out and re-reading them again because I could use a laugh at the moment and they're definitely the best ones.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Currently Reading

Suicide Cassanova by Arthur Nersessian

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

currently:
    http://www.imagebeast.net/images/6qt...66x7aouo7t.jpg

http://www.imagebeast.net/images/gg6...fufxekjczr.jpg

the former is my favourite book of all time. i'm not very far into diary but it's my favourite palahniuk already.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Finished Survivor last week.

Reading Dark Tower now, upto book 6 but almost done with it.
    "Done with it" is all I wanted to be while I was slogging through the last three books of Dark Tower, lol

Old Merits
    BG Level

Dexter books... Just found them. After watching the series, it awesome to see how the character was written, and hear their voices while reading the book.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Reread majority of Palahniuk's novels recently. He is a genius.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Those of you reading Discworld might appreciate some of it more if you read them in such a way as to achieve continuity:

http://www.lspace.org/books/reading-...-guide-1-5.jpg

And for the record, the Watch series is arguably the best of the lot, with Death following closely behind (but I have a thing for his Death character since Good Omens was the first Pratchett book I read so I may be biased there).

Currently in the middle of my reread of The Sword Of Truth, on book 5/11 right now, Soul of the Fire. Great fantasy story that isn't too far-fetched or anything, my friend hates fantasy books and she loved Wizard's First Rule (first book, she refuses to read a whole series for some reason).

After I finish I'm going to start on The Wheel of Time as it's been recommended to me

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Those of you reading Discworld might appreciate some of it more if you read them in such a way as to achieve continuity:

(image)

And for the record, the Watch series is arguably the best of the lot, with Death following closely behind (but I have a thing for his Death character since Good Omens was the first Pratchett book I read so I may be biased there).
    Yeah, the watch ones are also my favorite series. I love Death as a character and there's some parts of some books I'll just never forget because they're just that good (like a good chunk of the color of magic) but as a continuous storyline spanning multiple books the Watch series is definitely does the most for me.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

"Done with it" is all I wanted to be while I was slogging through the last three books of Dark Tower, lol
    Afuckingmen. I think Choke is probably my favorite Palahniuk book. I'm very picky when it comes to his books. I either love them or hate them.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag