+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 199 FirstFirst ... 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Eh well, worry not. Return of the Crimson Guard managed to slow me the fuck down. I just can't get too into it. This might be my last Esselmont book unless this one improves significantly. Either way, I think after this I am gonna finish the rest of the main series before worrying about any more side books.
    I really liked everything after Return of the Crimson Guard. I went into the series expecting to ready both sets of books in line, and I'm really glad I did. So many good bits of story you would miss out on otherwise. I feel like reading them after would take so much of the excitement out of the reveals.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well only one more book is supposed to be in between the main series. But Crimson Guard is slowing me down so much lol

So far I haven't gotten anything out of the first book or this one that I couldn't have lived without. But I'm only 20% into Crimson Guard

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally almost done with Return of the Crimson Guard. This shit took me way too long, Esselmont just ain't as fun to read as Erikson.

Spoilers based on my guesses for Toll the Hounds

Spoiler: show
    Dassem is totally gonna be the one who kills Anomandar isn't he? I'm gonna end up hating him if he does so -_- Too many hints with Kyle's visions. I don't know why he would be trying to have vengeance against Anomander though?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally finished Return of the Crimson Guard. Got much better by the end but my god was it a slow start. Night of Knives was fine standalone and Crimson Guard got better at the end, but jeez I am not enjoying these spin offs as much as the main series. They could've shaved off like 200 pages from this book.

Crimson Guard Spoilers
    Was not expecting Laseen to get killed off in this book lol. Especially as all her plans came together and they managed to beat yet another revolt and then the Crimson Guards themselves. Mallick is gonna be emperor now? That slimy fuck

Finally getting started on Toll the Hounds. I am uber excited because Anomander Rake is my fav character in the series. Do I really need to read Stonewielder after this before I can do Dust of Dreams and Crippled God??

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Finally finished Return of the Crimson Guard. Got much better by the end but my god was it a slow start. Night of Knives was fine standalone and Crimson Guard got better at the end, but jeez I am not enjoying these spin offs as much as the main series. They could've shaved off like 200 pages from this book.

Crimson Guard Spoilers
    Was not expecting Laseen to get killed off in this book lol. Especially as all her plans came together and they managed to beat yet another revolt and then the Crimson Guards themselves. Mallick is gonna be emperor now? That slimy fuck

Finally getting started on Toll the Hounds. I am uber excited because Anomander Rake is my fav character in the series. Do I really need to read Stonewielder after this before I can do Dust of Dreams and Crippled God??
    Stonewielder isn't really necessary unless you are planning on reading the rest of the Esslemont novels. Even if you are you can wait till after the main series is done to pick those up, they don't really have impact that RotCG has on the main series. The only exception to this is Orb Scepter Throne, which is not really part of the rest of the Esslemont books and is instead a direct sequel to Toll the Hounds and really the conclusion to the entire Genibackis story (Gotm, MoI, TTH).

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Great, I will just go straight through the final 3 books then.

I didn't realize Orb Scepter Throne was more of a sequel to the Genibackis side and not like the rest of the Malazan books lol. I always see it listed with the rest

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...=1#post7583512

In case this gets overlooked in the Sanderson Thread. New Kickstarter. New novels written during the pandemic side by side with all his other work.

BG Level

have to wonder what his Adderall bill comes to monthly.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Approaching towards the end of the second season of The Expanse, liking it a lot so far.

If any of you read, what do you think of the book series? I'll likely be itching for more when the series end.

Finished the Fifth Season. Man that ending was killer. Also surprised how it didn't pull any punches.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post

If any of you read,
    What a weird thing to ask in a book thread lol
    I think most everyone in this thread will say the expanse is a great series overall. I personally believe the first half is better than the latter, but all still worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    Finished the Fifth Season. Man that ending was killer. Also surprised how it didn't pull any punches.
    All of N K Jemisin’s stuff is great and so much different than the norm popular fantasy. I haven’t checked out her latest book/series though.

4th book in the Sun-Eater series comes out this month and I’m really excited for that.

And Adrian Tchaikovsky’s newest book comes in Early May. His stuff I don’t even look up a synopsis or reviews anymore. I see his name, I buy. Though this particular newest book is a sequel, so I know what I’m getting into with this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    What a weird thing to ask in a book thread lol
    I think most everyone in this thread will say the expanse is a great series overall. I personally believe the first half is better than the latter, but all still worth a read.
    Thanks! Looks like I'll go ahead and start with the first one towards the summer. Sorry for the misunderstanding meant the series specifically not reading in general

BG Level

Expanse series is good as shit, real page burners. ending a leetle divisive but well worth the ride one of the best genre series of modernity.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone know what Brent Weeks is working on? Been a bit since blinding knife and nothing on his website.

Ridill
    BG Level

I still haven’t read Burning White. I’ve heard quite a few bad things about the last book and didn’t really want to sour the series.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    Expanse series is good as shit, real page burners. ending a leetle divisive but well worth the ride one of the best genre series of modernity.
    Sounds exactly what I want to read nowadays. Bought the first one on Kindle.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Not surprising. Money is in TV/movie deals. Book margins suck even for top lister authors. See Sanderson's FAQ posted yesterday for a look into the publishing industry.

BG Level

abandon hope

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Not surprising. Money is in TV/movie deals. Book margins suck even for top lister authors. See Sanderson's FAQ posted yesterday for a look into the publishing industry.
    He should do a Kickstarter

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag