+ Reply to Thread
Page 128 of 201 FirstFirst ... 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

^this. That shit got awful quick.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Book 2 and book 6 are amazing, books 5 and 1 are good. The rest range from meh to Book 4, Temple of the Winds, which to this day is the single most godawful thing I've ever seen put on paper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Also the last three books are essentially all the same book and they're all mediocre.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm finally reading Reckoners from Sanderson. Finished Steelheart yesterday, started Firefight.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I'm finally reading Reckoners from Sanderson. Finished Steelheart yesterday, started Firefight.
    They're not great, but YA and whatnot.

Randomly picked up the JK Rowling book published under a pen name and while I don't love it her writing has come a long way from the Potter books.

Ridill
    BG Level

Filled out my own Goodreads account with everything I could remember before I got rid of the majority of my books. Now the only question remains is if I should include all the goosebumps and animorphs books I've read...

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I did. It.. takes a while.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I still haven't filled my Goodreads out completely. I know there's at least 100 books from HS that I lost in Katrina that I cannot remember for the life of me.

I like Reckoners. It's pretty light fare but Sanderson knows how to write a story.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I like Reckoners. It's pretty light fare but Sanderson knows how to write a story.
    Same. Other than some annoying character quirks here and there I enjoyed the series. It was different and fun to read.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I didn't enjoy Calamity and thought Steelheart was the strongest of the three. Though the Reckoners series sets up his future Apocalypse Guard YA trilogy. My judgement of Calamity will change depending on how well I receive Apoc Guard since world building is what Sanderson does so well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished book 5 of the core cycle by Peter Brett. He fairly obviously set up for another series.

Ridill
    BG Level

Traded in about half my books, a large portion were paperback, to 2nd and Charles and got about $100 in store credit. Picked up Witcher 3 and Warhammer 40k Eisenhorn v Ravenor in really good condition for $15, which I consider a win, even if the last two books never come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Finished book 5 of the core cycle by Peter Brett. He fairly obviously set up for another series.
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive :/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive :/
    Reasonably serious spoilers about book 5 of the demon/core cycle by Peter Brett:
    Spoiler: show
    I can't actually say he set up for another series, it's possible he just intends to extend this one past the original 5 books. However he made a fairly big deal out of Olive, which makes me think he might start a new series 20+ years in the future when Olive is grown. Plus the fact that Arlen is probably alive, just in a non-corporeal state atm.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Finished Reckoners. I enjoyed it but it wasn't groundbreaking in any way.

Rereading Fatherland by Robert Harris now. Trying to find a new series to run through.

So I picked up The Book of Swords that came out today because it had a new story by GRRM and it turns out to be less of a story and more of a historical recount by a Maester much like the stuff in TWOIaF. So just a head up.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was hoping to just read that story and not buy the whole thing. Is it worth it?

I was hoping to just read that story and not buy the whole thing. Is it worth it?
    I've not read any of the other stories yet, I went straight for that one but the book is pretty big and has lots of authors. As far as this particular story I liked it but it's fairly short, it recounts the rule of Maegor and Aenies the two sons of Aegon the Conqueror. It mostly focuses on Maegor and his war with the faith. Lots of interesting stuff that makes mad king look like a scrub in comparison but overall nothing I'd go crazy over.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I went back and grabbed physical copies of the Storm light series. I'm going to reread WoR while my brother starts Warbreaker and TWoK. Hopefully he can knock out the 3 before Oathbringer releases.

Or should I start him on Mostborn Era 1 with Sanderson? He's actually the one that introduced me to reading fantasy but he hasn't read and any of the Cosmere.

I think I'm going to grab him a Kindle for Christmas, is there a digital form out there that you can lend your book? I never could get the Amazon part to work.

ok so I've gotten through all the Frank Herbert Dune books and Chapterhouse ends on a cliffhanger. I googled some shit and it says that Hunters of Dune and Sandworms of Dune are written from the notes he left behind by his son and some other dude. Are they any good or would you skip them?

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag