Page 151 of 199 FirstFirst ... 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    Do you want some Drizzt?
    Here's some Drizzt.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/books/d...ds-coast-books
    I actually own most off them lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

I read the original(?) trilogy. Thought it was just a Lord of the Rings reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I read the original(?) trilogy. Thought it was just a Lord of the Rings reskin.
    It gets more interesting over time.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm now caught up on Savage Divinity, which is terrible, because Things are about to Happen, and I gotta wait.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Ward finished just now.
    Wildbow's next work will be in the Pact universe.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Not sure if this belongs here, but didn't know where else to put it:
    Must have actor Andy Serkis perform the entirety of J.R.R. Tolkien’s seminal text The Hobbit in a single sitting to benefit charities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our precious.

On Thursday, Serkis, who came to world wide attention playing Gollum in Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings films, announced a live-stream delivery of The Hobbit to raise money for the UK nonprofits NHS Charities Together and Best Beginnings. Kicking off at 10 a.m. GMT (5 a.m. EST, 2 a.m. PST) on Friday, May 8, the marathon reading will be live-streamed, with Serkis performing the entire book from start to finish with no breaks.
    https://www.polygon.com/2020/5/7/212...d-of-the-rings

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I read Threadbare and it is basically my jam. I have no interest in the sequels but I am here for punny names.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/15130/threadbare

Ridill
    BG Level

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rbound-edition

Sanderson put out a kickstarter for leather bound Way of Kings (split in 2) $200 minimum for the book itself. Definitely not in my price range. I’m more interested in the alternate reality Way of Kings novel that comes with it. Unfortunately it seems this Kickstarter is the only way to get it other than 2nd hand at what will probably be at a ridiculous price. At least it seems he released it for free on ebook/pdf.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I may get a 2nd run of the leather bound. Stormlight is probably one of those series I wouldn't mind splurging on.

And $250 tier for that hardcover of Way of Kings Prime is a bit of a bait. Sure you're pretty much getting the books anyways and hardcover ends up being $50.

Finally, jfc $4.2 million already.

edit:
    I recognize that many of you are perfectly happy with your existing copies of The Way of Kings, in whichever format you prefer. With this in mind, we've created six pledge tiers so you can get involved with the campaign at whatever tier you're most comfortable with. We'll use BackerKit to facilitate add-ons, which will further the customizability of your pledge, allowing you to buy some of the rewards à la carte once the campaign is over. Even pledging $1 to the "make a pledge without a reward" tier will allow access to the add-on store. More on this later.
    You can get access to buy the hardcover of Way of Kings Prime if you pledge just $1 to get access to the add-on store after the Kickstarter is over. It will cost $35+shipping.

Ridill
    BG Level

I just downloaded the free mobi file. I’ll put it on my Kindle and check it out at some point.

I can’t believe it’s already been 10 years. Really puts in perspective how insanely long it’ll take for the series to finish. And yeah, 4 mil in less than 12 hours. Fucking ridiculous.

I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

*opens PDF*

804 pages.

Fuck I don't think I can make time for this.

You should.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ready Player Two coming this fall

https://twitter.com/readyplayerone/s...111712769?s=20

I loved the 1st one, but his writing is very limited (IMO of course). It was fun going back to the past and enjoying things, but I'm not sure drawing out a story that ended well is going to go great.

That said, i will still read it.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I loved the 1st one, but his writing is very limited (IMO of course). It was fun going back to the past and enjoying things, but I'm not sure drawing out a story that ended well is going to go great.

That said, i will still read it.
    Yeah, Armada felt like it was just repeating Ready Player One...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Armada was like

"I made this cheese souffle, everyone liked the cheese. So I made another with twice the cheese. The recipe fell apart."

Ridill
    BG Level

In a new post on his blog, Martin explained that the COVID-19 pandemic has given him time to work on the book. "The enforced isolation has helped me write," he said. "I am spending long hours every day on The Winds of Winter, and making steady progress. I finished a new chapter yesterday, another one three days ago, another one the previous week."

However, Martin was careful to explain that fans wouldn't be able to read the book anytime soon. "This does not mean that the book will be finished tomorrow or published next week," he stated. "It’s going to be a huge book, and I still have a long way to go."

Nevertheless, Martin did give a small clue as to when he expected to finish. He stated that he was disappointed not to attend the sci-fi convention ConZealand in Wellington, New Zealand, which was due to take place next month. Then he added, "I can always visit Wellington next year, when I hope that both COVID-19 and The Winds of Winter will be done."
    And also
    And before anyone starts to panic, “oh my god he is making videos in place of writing,” OF COURSE I am still working on WINDS OF WINTER as well. That really should go without saying, yet somehow I need to say it, or someone might make stupid assumptions. I am also doing some editorial work on three new Wild Cards books, reading scripts and making notes on a couple of exciting Hollywood projects, texting with agents, editors, and friends about this and that, eating several meals a day, watching television, reading books, and from time to time using the toilet. Just because I do not mention it in every Not A Blog does not mean it is not happening)).
    Only confirms this book’s never getting released, honestly.

BG Level

relevant crempost

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    And also

Only confirms this book’s never getting released, honestly.
    Winds of Winter will almost certainly be released, the vast majority is prolly already written and much/most/all of his present writing is revising & editing. even if he goes tomorrow his publisher will prolly tidy up some bits and drop it as is.

however,
    at this point A Dream of Spring, given his work pace and age/being a fat fuck, seems unlikely. going to be brutal when we have the entire series except the finale and all that remains of its concepts is HBO's abortion.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    relevant crempost
    Here's the fun one. There's a webserial, "The Wandering Inn", been going for a few years.
    The author did a thing, don't remember exactly, but one of the parts of it was they spent a day writing and they streamed it on twitch.
    It got mentioned on reddit r/fantasy, and somebody pinged Sanderson cause he frequents there, and the gist of his reaction to their output pace was "O.o .. Goddamn".

EDIT: Was able to find stats, the series has just had it's 4th anniversary, and in that time has averaged 1.5 million words a year.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag