Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Supposed to be Q1 of 2011. I'd guess in March, if not before
    That's in US/EU or in Korea?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Korean version is still in closed beta. Since it is run through Hangame here, you can expect a pretty lengthy open beta period when it gets there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

US release is Q1 2011. I think Korea release is December, or maybe that's when their OB starts

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nov 18th starts Gstar 2010, the huge Korean game con. Tera will have a ton of stuff debeuting then. I expect a lot more solid answers during/after that.

Oop, speaking of new, just caught a new thread about the item system over on the main site: http://www.tera-online.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11348 have to go read that.

edit again: OB will start after Gstar, source: http://www.terafans.com/topic/5422-t...-after-g-star/

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anxious to to get to a fgt3 or cb and see some changes. Think I've also upgraded some hardware since fgt2.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

updates OP with link to new info on glyphs and racial skills!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

some of the racials look so OP compared to others. And those pretty much made high elves the best caster choice depending on how mp dependent the game makes you. To me they are fine, ppl who want to be OP for a min or two every CD can roll that race, but you know its gonna be a giant QQ storm in America lol.

I also really like how ppl are constantly moving, in that video, during fights. Maybe it's just the dev's trying to make things look more complicated then they need to be, but I hope its that way since most fights now-a-days have you stand in one spot for most a fight

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There was a blog post a few days ago from Brian Knox of En Masse cautioning players not to take all this new info from Korea as law for NA/EU release. There is a lot that En Masse can/will change and balance for the western build so I can easily see racial skills getting another look/further attention to rebalance things across the board.

New Odin
    BG Level

What do ya think, is this mainly a PvP game in the traditional korean fashion or is there a more PvE focus?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    some of the racials look so OP compared to others. And those pretty much made high elves the best caster choice depending on how mp dependent the game makes you. To me they are fine, ppl who want to be OP for a min or two every CD can roll that race, but you know its gonna be a giant QQ storm in America lol.

I also really like how ppl are constantly moving, in that video, during fights. Maybe it's just the dev's trying to make things look more complicated then they need to be, but I hope its that way since most fights now-a-days have you stand in one spot for most a fight
    Sounds kind of like you want an action mmo, not a mmorpg.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Can't it be both?

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Can't it be both?
    Whoever manages to do this will be rich.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    What do ya think, is this mainly a PvP game in the traditional korean fashion or is there a more PvE focus?
    From what Ive played, the game seems very PvE driven. Missions and quests are what drives you through the game and areas. I imagine the PvP servers will more or less be for those peopel who want to kill others whenever they feel like it, whether out of griefing or just the fun of PvP. Not my thing, but I know a lot of people love PvP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    Unless I was mistaken, this is an action mmorpg.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I had assumed that the G-Star games con was being held in Seoul like everything else. I just found out tonight that it's at Bexco in Busan, which is only about an hour from me. Now to bug my buddy that works at Bexco to see if there's any way I can get in that weekend.

EDIT: Maybe I'll just head to Busan anyway. There's a post on the Korean T.E.R.A. site about a party that they are throwing on the 20th at the Haeundae Paradise Hotel, link below. Haeundae is the main beach area in Busan, and the Paradise Hotel is really nice. Must be some free booze going down too, since it's 19+
    http://tera.hangame.com/news/notice....&docid=3170034

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sic, if you get in to check that stuff out I'd be eager to hear how things look/went!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

We seriously need some more FGT up in this bitch. It's cool they keep posting screenshots and lore each week, but we need some more gameplay stuff.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I had way to much confidence in square-enix and i was so hyped about final fantasy 14 that i didn't even consider t.e.r.a. online as i completely convinced myself that it would be the best mmorpg ever or something like that. I'm now very happy to say that my complete attention is focused on t.e.r.a. online, i'm very excited about it and i absolutely can't wait to make a character and play.

Now for my contribution to the thread: http://www.mmorpg-tactics.com/tera-o...eral-info/blog
    This website that i linked there has alot of good information all in one place. It's not a whole lot but somebody might find something on there that's of interest.

And some funky dancing. :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

lol the robot is awesome. and the female popori is like 'ummmmm.....'

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

high elf seems lame compared to all the other races, rest are awesome. Male popori is full of win

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 184 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast