Closed Thread
Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: T.E.R.A.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Updated OP.

Newest/official sign up for future FGT and beta tests is available, click the following to fill it out. http://www.tera-online.com/news/news...page=1&seq=198

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

updated OP.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

En Masse will be at E3 w/ T.E.R.A. Here is a link to details:

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5605

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Added new E3 trailer to OP.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Great, just great.

Another MMO that looks amazing and I want to play but there are just too many games coming out in the next 2 years to play them all

Blizzards new MMO, L3, Blade and Soul, FFXIV, Diablo III(not a MMO but just as much of a time sink) just to name a few.

If they are having a 5 second wait time on the fighting I think that might hurt more then help it. I liked aions rifting system where people would show up at your leveling areas and you would rally your faction to push them back to their zone which was a ton of fun and it felt like the first TRUE PvP in a long time since you always had to be on your toes.

From the trailers it seems you can go just about anywhere which is something every MMO needs these days and not the play-pen of an environment that FFXI gave us in each zone.

The one thing that I must ask is for the people playing this over say FFXIV is why? I do like the graphics but what do you really like about this game that will make you play it over any of the other MMO's out there? Like OP said I don't want this to be a MMOvsMMO debate but more of a general question of what draws you to Tera specifically?

My biggest concern is that like Warhammer, Aion, and many other MMO's that have been hyped up over the years only to fall 6months to a year down the road is to waste my time with a MMO that doesn't have the staying power of WoW or FFXI.

So anyone want to share?

I'm not even sure I'll play this one.

But, I find just about everything from Square to be very cookie-cutter and boring. The last Square game I bought was FFX (not counting XI), aside from Square published games.

Diablo 3 does look pretty fun from what they've shown and I want to play it.

Blade and Soul looks amazing, but I'm almost entirely sure that it's too good to be true.

I guess the one thing that draws me to this game is that it looks somewhat different. I played FFXI for a long time, and now feel like I wasted a lot of time. I played Aion for a while and got pretty bored of it, dunno if I'll go back.

My main interest lies in it looking like some action-based combat, with me having far less dedication from the start. I've forced myself to be less interested in MMOs than I once was (Aion and FFXI helped me in that)... hopefully it stays that way.

New Odin
    BG Level

The trailers pics and so on look gorgeous, and all seems to point to a direction that this game will be great...

..But on the other hand, this game comes from Korea. It's not the first time I've become hyped up about something coming from there and became disappointed in the end.

There is just no depth to these MMO's, and everything looks so perfect and wonderful in the end it's more of a turn-off than anything. I get this "assembly line" feeling whenever I look at these games. It feels so 'forced' for the lack of a better word. Even the name sounds like a bunch of cool sounding words put together.

Hopefully the combat will be at least somewhat different from the rest of the MMO's out there but this game will still most likely be a grind-hell just like every other Korean MMO.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

unfortunately i'll have to wait for a free trial before i play it. Sure the combat system is different, but unless the objectives are fun and diverse its just gonna be another grinder. Coming out of korea that doesn't put TERA in a good situation at all.

Also with the way their combat system is, they better hope to be buying a shitton of servers all over the world, otherwise the game will flop. a lot.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

/sigh. Had to edit OP. There is currently a hot debate going on about a leaked/misinformed developer blog post. It appears that there is a chance that not all races will be able to be all classes. Up until recently, it has been heavily implied that there was not to be any race/class combo locks. This new reveal a lot of people are getting upset that their preferred choice(s) will now vanish. I understand there are two basic thoughts to this, and coming from FFXI myself I am a huge fan of no race/class locks. However, I know that in other games, say WoW, race/class locks are common. I think this eruption of anger could have been avoided if earlier, clearer info had been given out to the fan base. /shrug anyway, more updates when events warrent.

I don't mind the MMO vs. MMO debate since the context is that there are a ton of MMOs coming out soon.

All of the ones we generally are 'aware' of look interesting to one degree or the other.

More in-depth, I think Star Wars will have a lot going for it w/ a genuinely engaging line of quests. We basically play MMOs for the proverbial carrot-end-of-stick but what if you could make it so people were invested in the story and lore too and tie it to the gameplay?

I don't feel that FFXI did that or Aion. Those are the only MMOs I've played so that's all I can say.

Don't know much about TERA other than it's gameplay which I understand to be action-based instead of clicking skills only. Like, you can manually dodge and you have a crosshair to 'aim' your attacks and such. No locking on, etc. That seems pretty cool to me, and as long as it has open-pvp and battlegrounds, I think it will at least do better than Aion did. Aion BTW - is IMO - going to fall before 2.0 comes out.

/rantoff

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I tried to fill out the testing application, when I hit next it blinks but nothing else happens.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Halion View Post
    I tried to fill out the testing application, when I hit next it blinks but nothing else happens.
    This could be because of how you listed your available hours of play. For some reason if you put anything but a single integer (like 12, or 5) it will not advance to page 2. You might have said you could play 8-12 hours a day or something, and the form doesn't like that :/

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    More in-depth, I think Star Wars will have a lot going for it w/ a genuinely engaging line of quests. We basically play MMOs for the proverbial carrot-end-of-stick but what if you could make it so people were invested in the story and lore too and tie it to the gameplay?
    Sorry for the slight derail, but I wouldn't call TOR 'MMO' precisely because of that. It's not a bad thing per se, but I think the game exchanges the MMO elements for the storyline elements.

To end the derail, I am sad that there are still race/class restrictions in about every upcoming MMO. I really hope TERA will step away from that trend, it is such bullshit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Sweet I had a + beside the number and I took that off and got through, thanks!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Updated OP, recap of E3 demo (vid), pretty cool show of what to expect in the game so far. I am eagerly awaiting the next FGT.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I should have looked at this thread sooner.
    Just happened to run across this game while looking at youtube videos... looks sick.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Is it just me or this game has better graphic than ff14?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Better game play from the looks of it too.

Of course none of that matters without content. I'll wait and see with this game. Don't want another Aion.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Eh, I wouldn't say it looks better than XIV graphically but the gameplay sure looks better.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

Still looking forward to this game but they seem to prefer releasing screenshots every week rather than any form of substantial information, like when the next FGT might be.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast