Closed Thread
Page 730 of 730 FirstFirst ... 680 720 728 729 730

5'8" 120 lb and male? How are you even alive lol. My skinny 5'3" sister weighs more than that. Both of you should start lifting together stat. Both of you would benefit from it, you'll stop being a DYEL twink who might disappear into thin air or be blown by a gust of wind and your boyfriend will lose weight and gain muscle and possibly become bearmode or something

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm 5'10 128 lbs, male. Same as the other poster high metabolism.
    My advice for you, fruits and veggies, lean protein (and lots of it). As far as fitness that depends on your goal. I do parkour several times a week, and I do yoga once a week. That works for me, my goal is just general fitness, not muscle building strictly.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Kay, so:

I'm about 5'8 and 120lbs (the most I've ever weighed in my entire life). I'm one of those cunts that has scrawniness in his DNA and a high metabolism. My goals have been to get more fit and gain some healthy weight. And then there is my boyfriend who is 6'2 and 248lbs. He was once way into diving/swimming where he was awkwardly skinny, however now since he's been out of college he has a desk job and gained a bunch of weight.

Recently I proposed eating healthier with lower carb eating and we've been doing that for a few weeks. So far the results seem minimal. I don't expect much, but I figured I'd just ask if BG has any unique advice/recommendations I wouldn't find elsewhere. In general I can Google health/fitness stuff myself plus there's almost 300 pages of this thread to read. I would really like to support him and help him to lose weight because I think he's capable and he's unhappy with it. Any suggestions or helpful ideas for how we can get fit together?
    Quote Originally Posted by Furionstormrage View Post
    I'm 5'10 128 lbs, male. Same as the other poster high metabolism.
    My advice for you, fruits and veggies, lean protein (and lots of it). As far as fitness that depends on your goal. I do parkour several times a week, and I do yoga once a week. That works for me, my goal is just general fitness, not muscle building strictly.
    There is no such thing has a "fast metabolism", a "hardgainer", "ectomorph", "endomorph," etc. You either eat enough to gain weight, you eat just enough to maintain weight or you eat at a caloric deficit. Look up myfitnesspal if you want to start tracking your calories to see how much you actually eat. Find out what you TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure) is and eat about that if you want to gain weight, eat around it to stay the say or eat under it to lose weight. Don't cut out carbs, it's just useless and you don't get the chance to eat so many delicious foods. If you're looking for a beginner weightlifting program look up Starting Strength, Greyskull LP, ICF 5x5 or Stronglifts.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I'd say find a park and make it your bitch
    what do you do for legs though? jump squats, bw squats?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    what do you do for legs though? jump squats, bw squats?
    pistols, scissor jumps, OHS if have a broom stick. You could use the time to work on mobility too.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    pistols, scissor jumps, OHS if have a broom stick. You could use the time to work on mobility too.
    Thanks, I will research these. You think I should buy some bands to add resistance?

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You'll be fine and the setback of a 10 day vacation won't be that large. Unless it messes with your training cycle for a competition/photo shoot or a show, might as well enjoy yourself and not stress out over it.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    You'll be fine and the setback of a 10 day vacation won't be that large. Unless it messes with your training cycle for a competition/photo shoot or a show, might as well enjoy yourself and not stress out over it.
    Thanks. Main concern is the gym I use now does group training and has a set schedule each week. This week, for example:

Monday Deadlifts
    Tuesday Upper Body - Vertical
    Wednesday Lower Body
    Thursday Upper Body - Horizontal
    Friday Deadlifts
    Saturday Core | Conditioning

I love the lower body workout, but as you can see it's only once a week and this will be the third week in a row I've missed it due to work obligations. I'm most self-conscious and care the most about my leg size, so I hate missing it. When I was working out on my own at a megagym, I was doing some combo of front/back/bulgarian split squats 2-3x a week.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    Oh I could also fucking eat these all day long - Protein bars with low carb with is pretty much unheard of. Picked up a box at Vitamin Shoppe last week : http://www.amazon.com/Crunch-Protein...kies+and+cream

Best tasting protein bar I've ever had.
    If you're down with sugar alcohols these things are fun
    http://www.amazon.com/MET-Rx-Protein.../dp/B002XDRCRQ

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Too many carbs for her as she tries to keep them low, but I may have to give those a try sometime.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Kay, so:

I'm about 5'8 and 120lbs (the most I've ever weighed in my entire life). I'm one of those cunts that has scrawniness in his DNA and a high metabolism. My goals have been to get more fit and gain some healthy weight. And then there is my boyfriend who is 6'2 and 248lbs. He was once way into diving/swimming where he was awkwardly skinny, however now since he's been out of college he has a desk job and gained a bunch of weight.

Recently I proposed eating healthier with lower carb eating and we've been doing that for a few weeks. So far the results seem minimal. I don't expect much, but I figured I'd just ask if BG has any unique advice/recommendations I wouldn't find elsewhere. In general I can Google health/fitness stuff myself plus there's almost 300 pages of this thread to read. I would really like to support him and help him to lose weight because I think he's capable and he's unhappy with it. Any suggestions or helpful ideas for how we can get fit together?
    hm... low carb is not everything nor absolute solution. Your bf might can do low carb cycle, but for you, I would not suggest... carb is not as evil as everyone thought, but it just one of those that we could easily over taken it in two meals.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Closing thread and time to move onto a slimmer more fit thread