Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Aselin

Anyone noticed these kind of bazaars lately?

Before:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...h_crystals.png

After:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...g_crystals.png

This is the third time of seen of such bazaars in the past four months. I am sure there are more out there like this.

It seems with GMs and Special Task Force monitoring Gil being traded and delivered, the RMT and the players buying Gil themselves have devised a new way to transfer Gil from Seller to Buyer.

In the above screenshot, you see a player's mule named "Mrsbuck" on Bismarck server in Port San d'Oria. Mrsbuck has 5 single Water Crystals for sale at 1,000,000 Gil each. About ten minutes later, a player by the name of Bsanboy, obviously RMT and newly created hence the red "?" question mark next to his name approaches Mrsbuck to buy each crystal for those amounts. Bsanboy buys all five crystals for 5,000,000 Gil total.

Mrsbuck, and the player in control of that mule, just obtained the 5,000,000 Gil he purchased.

I immediately reported both characters to STF, Special Task Force, on SE's Support page. I'm sure SE's STF can find out who created the mule, Mrsbuck, and who is in possession of the account.

Previous mules I've seen had 10 Lightning Crystals for 1,000,000 Gil up for sale in Bazaar in Port San d'Oria, and another Bazaar with 1 single Dark Crystal for 1,000,000 Gil. It seems RMT sellers instruct the buyers to set up a mule or alternate character to bazaar a set amount of Crystals for 1 mil. Gil each and have them wait for one of their employees to transfer the Gil to the player by buying those Crystals.

The opposite can also be true, with the RMT player setting up a similar Bazaar for a player to sell their Gil to the RMT.

But, has anyone noticed these kind of Bazaars lately?

If you have seen them, you could report them to STF on the Support Page. I don't like RMT and anything to slow them down would be nice.

The only suggestion I can think of is having SE put a hard cap on how much Crystals and items that sell for low amounts of Gil can go for on the AH and in someone's Bazaar. It might work.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

This is not new, I can assure you.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That is pretty ingenious I wouldn't have thought of that

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

I remember when a friend bought gil, they told him to sit in Sandy and wait for a mule to buy stuff from his bazaar or something. This was like a year ago, so it's not really a new concept.

Aselin

I just started to notice these because I don't actively look for them. All I do is randomly check Bazaars for cheap Dynamis currency. But, seeing these kind of Bazaars recently got me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Overburn View Post
    I remember when a friend bought gil, they told him to sit in Sandy and wait for a mule to buy stuff from his bazaar or something. This was like a year ago, so it's not really a new concept.
    Friend...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My friend has done things you couldn't dream of har.

I haven't seen these, but there's one mule on Asura that never leaves Rolanberry (yeah, we haven't moved into Jeuno yet), and they have always had obviously overpriced things in their bazaar all day long. Like Fumas for over a mil. Always the same type of items, same spot by the tree, same mule, like this for years.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Chuyu View Post
    This is not new, I can assure you.
    ^

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Rosereds on Garuda always had the same overpriced stuff in his bazaar. Sometimes some of it sold though and he just replaced it whenever he saw replacements. Like, Mannequin Body for 1.5mil. Mannequin Hands for 1mil. Kirin's Osode for 8mil. Shit would actually sell, just really slowly. I'm pretty sure I made more money doing smaller markup and moving stuff much faster..

There's a secret to selling things in bazaars:
    Step 1) JPs think it's rude to /check each other, so they have no idea what reasonable bazaar prices are.
    Step 2) They want to buy something from a bazaar.
    Step 3) ???
    Step 4) PROFIT!

There's also a secret to buying things from bazaars, though it's one step more complicated:
    Step 1) JPs think it's rude to /check each other, so they have no idea what reasonable bazaar prices are.
    Step 2) They want to sell something in bazaarr.
    Step 3) They're very polite and sensitive of their lack of bazaaring knowledge, so if you suggest a lower price they generally accept.
    Step 4) ???
    Step 5) PROFIT!

Regardless though, this is an old way to transfer gil either A) over larger distances than Trade can handle or B) in the guise of a marginally legitimate trade. For instance, one of my friends bought a V-belt for 3mil by buying a 3mil Shihei across the rocks at KA and then lotting the belt. Lucky bastard!

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Hey, that's how I scammed that kid!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just RMT shifting money en-masse.

They used to do it via the AH (once saw one of Valefor's more notorious RMT, Cillian buying a single bat wing for a million Gil), but you get people like me who stalk AH profiles on ffxiah.com reporting them.

Bazaaring is, presumably, safer as there is no obvious trail, and easier than dboxing because you can send more than 1M at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya View Post
    My friend has done things you couldn't dream of har.

I haven't seen these, but there's one mule on Asura that never leaves Rolanberry (yeah, we haven't moved into Jeuno yet), and they have always had obviously overpriced things in their bazaar all day long. Like Fumas for over a mil. Always the same type of items, same spot by the tree, same mule, like this for years.
    Yeah, what is with that? There's a guy in our Lower Jeuno who has been bazaaring Tarrasque Mitts at 2005 prices since 2005, amongst other overpriced items.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Time to station some bazaar mules in starter cities with million gil crystals.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    There's a secret to selling things in bazaars:
    Step 2) They want to buy something from a bazaar.
    Step 3) ???
    Step 4) PROFIT!

There's also a secret to buying things from bazaars, though it's one step more complicated:
    Step 2) They want to sell something in bazaarr.
    Step 3) They're very polite and sensitive of their lack of bazaaring knowledge, so if you suggest a lower price they generally accept.
    Step 4) ???
    Step 5) PROFIT!
    Serious or woosh? If true, that's hilarious.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Completely serious. Most of my sales were at 8-10AMish.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Have done several times.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

i'm surprised they don't use open mog houses for this.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Friend...
    Tanthalass from whatever the fuck server he's on now. I'll throw that kid under the bus 24/7.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Honestly at this point in the game RMT is the least of my freaking worries. Getting a party or enough people to do anything in the game that needs more than 6 is a far bigger issue.

People still QQ over shit like this?
    Also to OP: Nothing new sry =/
    I sell about 100M every few months to a JP company and this is the way of doing things can complain all you want but RL money>FFXI

Quote Originally Posted by Overburn View Post
    Tanthalass from whatever the fuck server he's on now. I'll throw that kid under the bus 24/7.
    Quit being a butt hurt faggot you still dressing up like a girl to post in LS RL picture threads?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The above post is just too easy. I want to eat it like a delicious sandwich but I feel if I did it would give me indigestion from all the hypocrisy.