+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re-installing FFXI?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re-installing FFXI?

After much debate I decided to start playing again. I still have POL and FFXI installed on my computer. I did the whole reactivating of COntent IDs and updating my payment information, but everytime I go to play it says FFXI is not installed. So I went get my disc to install it, but all I get are uninstall options promting me to believe it IS actually still installed. I hit the uninstall button and was prepared to just re-install it afterwards, but then it says all my macros would be deleted. That made me U-turn immediately and search for another option. Some assistance would be appreciated in solving this. Thanks.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hm, well, if you haven't played in a while you've probably got a lot of updating to do either way. So I would just do a fresh install. Just back up your user data if you remember your macros and want to keep them.
    The Ultimate Collection is coming out next week, and at $20 is actually cheaper than buying ACP/MKD/ASA separately at $9.99 ea. So that may be a consideration.

You could try doing a Check Files. Or possibly even a regular checkdisk or something if you suspect that the files may actually be corrupt.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I already have ACP and MKD. It hasn't been that long since I played. Around July was when my break was taken. I may just have to reinstall it, because even in the check files tab it's not reconizing FFXI as an option.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

If your macros are saved to the server than your fine all you have to do is reload them after reinstall. I had the same issue when I went to reinstall on my laptop. I had to uninstall then reinstall it all over again took about 8hours~ with updates + uninstall/reinstall