Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: Shantotto Ascension     submit to reddit submit to twitter

By the way, just to confirm. Requesting the legs is exactly like ACP. You only have to wait until JP Midnight after doing the battle and not tossing them like with MKDT. So you can hold on to the pants until you start collecting hexes.

I can confirm that pets get the same buffs as the master, i went in as pup and checked oniwaka's stats and was greeted by 3.4k hp and +150 all stats. Unfortunatly, he had WAY too much hate, was tearing shit up as sharpshot and no one got hate off him at all. around 40% HP, domina shantotto got a lucky unresisted burst off and took him from 50% hp to 1% then wsed him. >_< Probably shouldve used valoredge for higher hp and lower hate, but I parsed about 43% total damage till oni died, at which point it fell to me doing 21% and oni having 9.4% by the time we lost and had to HP. Pup is a monster in this fight if you can keep the automaton alive, its like having a fairly well geared monk plus ranger or 2her together with the huge stat boosts. We both had capped melee accuracy as well despite me eating meat and no acc buffs.

Definetly equip dual mana jammers and HP attachments for this if you go pup, fine tuning merits for 15 MDB helps too. sub /war, eat meat, and go all out, and probably use valoredge unless you're confident the other melee will keep hate off your automaton. Shantotto is highly unforgiving in tearing shit up, and with automatons horribly low base defense, being the focus of her weaponskills will hurt your auto more than other melee. If left alone though, they should survive pretty well with judicous use of repair and role reversal when their low on hp.

We went as pup, drg, rng, whm, blu/whm (backup heal >_<), pld, and got domina to 45%, wiped, then tried again and lost at her lowest rage when shantotto decided to say hello with divine malison spam skillchain spam.

Our white mage pulled hate and died a few times when paralyze stopped my provoke, which didn't help. All in all, not the most ideal setup, but i'm pretty sure a good pup will be just fine in this BC if properly planned out.

I'm gonna try valoredge, make sure to use ventriloquy when domina even glances oniwaka's way, and get two white mages next time! :O

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Regarding the Ro'Maeve and Zitah NMs...

If a pet, more specifically an Automaton, solos the NM on its own without the master inflicting the specific damage said, does the key item still drop?

I ask because of this:
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Steely_Weapon
    Automaton ranged attacks will damage the NM. However, in order to recieve the key item a player must directly inflict some ranged damage to it
    Fought it 3 times this way with no success then fought the urn with Valoredge 4 times as well and nothing. Just bad luck for both of them? Do I need someone to hit all the NMs that isn't a pet to get drops on them?

Edit: nm I am stupid, I forgot to touch the wall. I was able to get it without me having done anything myself on the nm (damn you wiki!)

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Has anyone done the final fight at 85 DD setup? Is it much easier or what?

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    We went in with 2 SAMs, 1 SMN, 1 RDM, 1 SCH and 1 COR. Was pretty easy.

Granted, one of the SAMs had Tachi: Fudo and proceeded to rape the hell out of D. Shantotto...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

It really isn't that much different from what I can tell. You already have such huge buffs the difference in level is negligible and most new abilities/spells don't make a strategic difference really. Easy fight with good DDs and lots of healing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Eh.. we did this fight recently with 2 WARs. It was absolutely RAPED. Each mob took like 15 seconds and we barely even needed cures. Bring a few heavy DD and knock it out fast, it's not at all hard anymore (if it ever was).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

we went in with blux2 nin sam whmx2, everyone decently geared... nothing super, no relics or anything. Blu's self lights (expac > goblin rush) rapes shantoto's faces

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Aelfinn View Post
    we went in with blux2 nin sam whmx2, everyone decently geared... nothing super, no relics or anything. Blu's self lights (expac > goblin rush) rapes shantoto's faces
    Savage Blade > Goblin Rush*

Good to know, though; I've got several friends who never bothered to finish it.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Biggest pro tip is make sure the person taking you in has all of the ??? hex things.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Nyosan View Post
    Savage Blade > Goblin Rush*

Good to know, though; I've got several friends who never bothered to finish it.
    oop yeah, that would be savage blade wouldnt it?

only reason i bothered to finish it was for the movement speed atma, so worth is for those jobs ya don't have movement+ on

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Also idk what they were like before, But all the BC's ( 3 ninja fight, 8 mages fight ) Can be solo'ed by a War doing Fell Cleave. Sekka, buffs+2hr and everything dies. Was pretty fun too.