FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Or, follow me here, completing all the WOTG Missions and Nation Quests give you a reward that isn't available to people completing WOTG Missions and doing 1 Nation Quest.

Kind of like Nexus Cape for people who bought all 3 add-ons, and the people who don't get all 3, just get one or two items, and not four.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Or, follow me here, completing all the WOTG Missions and Nation Quests give you a reward that isn't available to people completing WOTG Missions and doing 1 Nation Quest.

Kind of like Nexus Cape for people who bought all 3 add-ons, and the people who don't get all 3, just get one or two items, and not four.
    That might work. I'd suggest many people don't skip 2/3 of the quest lines because of lack of interest or laziness, but rather because getting people for some of the fights is just so difficult. Some sort of visible reward to act as the 'carrot on the stick' would function nicely. I don't think the teleport staves will be enough though.

Bockage

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post

but from each storytellers perspective, both windurst and sandy have "ended".
    With sandy, the influence from another time (Zogbog) has pretty much given up on changing the future.
    With windy, one of the influences has been removed - the other, i'm not too certain, but the siege on Windy seems to be the point of divergence, and it has gone down according to our time.

For windy I think the storyteller now becomes Lehko.
    Spoiler: show
    Tzee Xicu took his mother hostage and might have control over Fenrir.
    This will likely be the rest of the story for the city. Well that and Perih Vashai shooting the bow of light somewhere along the line to save the city again.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Windurst:
    I am almost 100% certain that is not Lehko's mother who carried the Bow of Light. I'm pretty sure it's Semih Lafihna's grandmother? (I don't remember RNG AF) I am almost 100% certain Lehko's mother is Yow Rabatnah, the Mithra who went to the Northlands and made the Bow of Light outside of Odin's magicite protocrystal. Yow Rabatnah bore the sin of making the Bow of Light (and inciting Mithran civil war), so Lehko bears the same sin.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

For the last Bastok fight, how many people have you guys used to clear it. Our LS only has three who have kept up with their side of things, so was just wondering if we stood a chance or are we going to need to catch some people up..

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bastok fight is a huge pain in the ass. Might be doable with 3 but... I don't know. She hates people casting any sort of magic and after 50% she does an aoe petrify move. She also has like 100% double attack. The fight is a mess every time I've done it unless theres some secret strat I'm not aware of. D:

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Windurst:
    Just replayed the last CS again where the Shikarree confronts Lehko. She actually says "Yagudo aren't known to take prisoners" indicating that the Chiftaness and her daughter were killed, not taken prisoner. That right upset me first time I read it, thinking of the little mithra girl dying ; ;

SE has really stepped it up with the storytelling in this expansion. I can't wait for next patch ><

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

windurst

That's what I understood from the CS too.
    Lehko was apparently freed from his sins because the Chieftainess and her daughter 'bore' the sins when they were killed by the Yagudo. I believe Lehko is the son of the bow maker as well. Not familiar with the RNG AF quests tho..

but if this is true, then it probably also means that Lehko is not a time traveler? He doesn't really seem to be, although he knows everything that is going on, and just happens to be very clever and a formidable male mithra unlike normal males.

i think the only thing left in Windy's storyline is taming Fenrir and shooting the bow of light.
    not exactly related, but I don't think they used the Cardians lining up at attention event (in the trailer) in the actual game.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think they used the Cardians lining up at attention event (in the trailer) in the actual game.
    Shit from the trailers is usually never in the final product. The same happened in the sandy quest, when the kid pulled out his greatsword. Was in a completely different zone.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Shit from the trailers is usually never in the final product. The same happened in the sandy quest, when the kid pulled out his greatsword. Was in a completely different zone.
    Sacrifices must be made for epic promo trailers. First law of epic cinematics.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah the promo was great. Way better then the mini-expansions. Click HD bitches.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Sorry if this is a really obvious question, but I just want to confirm - if I complete all three paths of quests, can I have all three Retrace staffs? With 4 daily warp items I'd probably never need to buy a warp cudgel again.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes.

Just make sure you're not at full inventory when you get the last cutscene.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

windurst

but if this is true, then it probably also means that Lehko is not a time traveler? He doesn't really seem to be, although he knows everything that is going on, and just happens to be very clever and a formidable male mithra unlike normal males.
    then how did Lehko come back from the dead? in the "When One Man Is Not Enough" quest, Shikaree G claims to have left him in the bottom of a frozen lake and cannot comprehend why he is still alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4yvjOrLW8E

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

>.> anyone on Siren need these 3 quests? having a heck of a time finding bodies... dammit.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The Shikaree might be refering to the Lehko from our timeline. Based on his connection with Robel, I've always assumed they're from the same timeline, and so the Lehko from ours could have already been taken care of by her.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    then how did Lehko come back from the dead? in the "When One Man Is Not Enough" quest, Shikaree G claims to have left him in the bottom of a frozen lake and cannot comprehend why he is still alive.

I'm thinking there could be a few explanations to this.
    Either Lehko comes from an alternate timeline (bad future where he doesn't die, probably) or Lehko survived the attempt on his life by Shikaree G at the frozen lake (or was saved by someone).

Or it could be someone else entirely, but I doubt so since the sin hunting moths thingy did work on him (before they were wiped out by him).

In any case, he does seem to be the biggest enigma in the Windy S storyline now.. but he's really kinda weak.. so I don't think he came from the future lol

well.. the bow of light and zeid/volker vs shadowlord scenes are to be expected, but then again they're things u dont get involved in at all, unless suddenly they want to retcon the story into saying that you defeated Shadowlord alongside zeid and volker but volker took all the credit >_>
    I get the feeling that's going to happen in the next mission batch....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I really hope we don't fight the Shadowlord. I mean, it would be cool, it just wouldn't make sense... it would be cooler if you were preventing interference (real battle ) while they deal with the Galka.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Windurst:
    I am almost 100% certain that is not Lehko's mother who carried the Bow of Light. I'm pretty sure it's Semih Lafihna's grandmother? (I don't remember RNG AF) I am almost 100% certain Lehko's mother is Yow Rabatnah, the Mithra who went to the Northlands and made the Bow of Light outside of Odin's magicite protocrystal. Yow Rabatnah bore the sin of making the Bow of Light (and inciting Mithran civil war), so Lehko bears the same sin.
    From what i remember in RNG af, Semih Lafihna is Perih Vashai's daughter (dont recall anyone being anyone's grandmother). Perih erasing the existence of having a daughter (and giving Semih the guise of being orphaned) switched twinstone earrings with Syu Befrathi and Semih to throw the mithran trackers off scent. While Syu goes on living in Xarcabard extracting the magicite from the bow of light.