BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
    If you cast Paralyze on something and interrupt the cast, do you aggro the mob (assuming a target that doesn't aggro magic casting)? Enmity is generated from actions when they complete.

EDIT: I find it's more useful to end Ballad in haste gear for the recast.
    Yeah, that set is -33/38% PDT -21 enm, and 15% haste. Only the leg slot really affects the equation (haidate vs goli).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i'm probably just not getting it to pop, but hoar-knucled rimberry; does anyone have a dat, or can show me in a widescan like list which is the placeholder? ive been killing all the shadowers and creepers now just cause im unclear on which of em is the PH, any help is mucho appreciated~

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I havent reinstalled pol utils since I reformatted, but if you have a means to look at the dat list, I recall it goes like so, as far as relevant mobs go:
    Creeper (Shared PH)
    Creeper (NO)
    Shadower (Shared PH)
    Hoar (NM)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Still 0/41 on Lamina. Don't wanna know what my claim rate is.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

thank you nynja

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Went 1/5 Lamina, 1/10 Hyakinthos and 1/10 Belladonna. Lamina dropped with TH3 whilst Hyakinthos and Belladonna dropped with TH1.

Sorry if it's been already asked, but how does RDM/NIN solo Grand'Goule (unless otherwiki lies)?

Being earth-based Slow doesn't reliably land, and it's immune to Bind, Gravity and Paralyze.
    Hit me for over 300 with -43% PDT and buffs, double attacks often, high chance of enpetrify, Bloody Claw does ridicolous damage (600-900; Edit: actually I think that I got it for 600 with a full Stoneskin on...) and ignores shadows.

It can't be kited in the zone where it pops because it's full of Imps, Gargouilles and random Ice/Dark Elemental may pop as well.

I suppose it can be easily solo'd as long as it can be kited somewhere since it doesn't have movement speed+, the question is where?

I don't really think it can be solo'd otherwise, 2 DAs in a row + enpetrify proc = gg.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    Sorry if it's been already asked, but how does RDM/NIN solo Grand'Goule (unless otherwiki lies)?

Being earth-based Slow doesn't reliably land, and it's immune to Bind, Gravity and Paralyze.
    Hit me for over 300 with -43% PDT and buffs, double attacks often, high chance of enpetrify, Bloody Claw does ridicolous damage (600-900; Edit: actually I think that I got it for 600 with a full Stoneskin on...) and ignores shadows.

It can't be kited in the zone where it pops because it's full of Imps, Gargouilles and random Ice/Dark Elemental may pop as well.

I suppose it can be easily solo'd as long as it can be kited somewhere since it doesn't have movement speed+, the question is where?

I don't really think it can be solo'd otherwise, 2 DAs in a row + enpetrify proc = gg.
    You'd need to get Grand'goule down to the OP area where you could freely Dot and kite around the tower.

Id suggest having a friend flee or just flat run with movement speed agrroing and kiting all the gargouilles to the OP and then losing them by teleporting out at the C.A, giving you a clear path to drag Grand down to the outpost and around in circles till it dies.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You can also zone him and DoT/zone. Just be aware that he doesn't move and will re-agro you at the zone line if you go back too fast.

Ok, thanks for the tips.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ignamoth

0/19 ignamoth everything else has been reasonable in terms of droprate maybe went 1/8 on kotan kor but the rest were within 1-3

got 4 fire crystals off the moth yesterday, best drop in the 19 kills so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonberrry View Post
    0/19 ignamoth everything else has been reasonable in terms of droprate maybe went 1/8 on kotan kor but the rest were within 1-3

got 4 fire crystals off the moth yesterday, best drop in the 19 kills so far!
    0/31 ignamoth

3 kills w/o TH
    11 kills with TH3
    17 kills with TH4

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To make up for all my Lamina camping (0/44 now), went 1/1 on Belladonna.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone actually seen Haelen drop from Skvader? I've seen two geoc so far in a fair number of kills but no haelen...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

0/6 atm on fenrir's crown. Is it worth getting?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

1/9 Hyakinthos
    1/23 Lamina
    1/1 Chaneque
    1/3 Belladonna
    1/3 Boompadu
    1/5 Kotan-Kor Kamuy
    1/3 Morille Mortelle

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by DmS View Post
    0/6 atm on fenrir's crown. Is it worth getting?
    Other than a show item of wasted inventory no...

Really, think of the last time you used Fenrir for anything important outside of just soloing... got anything?

Edit: Also considering the tests on Wiki say it only affects BPs

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My previous LS died and the only thing I do now on any of my jobs is fov. I sometimes use fenrir because of the lower cost Eclipse bite and high damage. I imagine its nothing like garudas head piece , but wondering if its any better than using af head.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sorry for bumping this topic but I figured it'd be better than making a new one.

My linkshell I've created solely for the purpose of obtaining and fully upgrading evolith gear (ebon/aern weapons) has now reached the point we can actually handle shit.

Atm we've been mostly focusing on farming the mats for the armor, shagreens, ruszor hides, cambrics, iridium ingots, amph hides, etc etc.

First and foremost, ruszors are by far the uglyiest monsters I've seen in this game. I had to say it. Also: how do you guys generally deal with their AoE terror move? I often find it taking a lot of our members down to the danger zone and generally leads to one or two people getting killed while we recoup. Any method to deal with the madness this move causes?

Second, the ls is at a large enough roster to start farming the aptants as well. We've so far been targetting the easier mobs like the qufim kraken, Tegmine, etc etc, but I want to step it up to the more bitchier ones.

Downside though is atm our roster is pretty much entirely lacking in the tanking (1 pld) and kiting (no one has the stuff to kite, cept maybe 1 of our rdms) districts. Most of our roster consists of healers and heavy DDs with a handful of supports. In general we sit at around 12-13 DDs, 2-3 supports and 2-4 mages on farming nights, and on aptant/NM nights 5-7 DDs and 1-2 healers.

So I've noticed the vast majority of aptant monsters are more suited to kiting strategies, so I'd like to know for each aptant, primarily ishis and geoc, which NMs are best for a straight up DD set up with maybe 1 legit tank?

Finally, I'd like to see what starts you guys have managed to work out for the fomor NMs, what jobs are musts and what are best methods to deal with their varying styles?

I'd love to start taking down fomors with my ls asap, lots of them want the weapons more than the E gear.

Thanking in advance for feedback~

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Manaburn Ruszors. The more BLMs you have, the better.