Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXI New NMs 11/9/09     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

goes in Rom/26/34.dat, single star indicates likely placeholder and triple star indicates my best guess as to the ph

any mob that's not numbered is NOT the ph, try elsewhere

need to zone or log to char select screen after replacing dat

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akairyu Gestalter
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

Thanks Thorny. Watch all the starred ones be the ones I haven't gotten to yet, hah.

I'm also down to the last 3 Mountain Scolopendrid spawns :/ Killed all the others twice now with no luck so far. Hopefully this thing'll help me nail down which really is the PH...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post

goes in Rom/26/34.dat, single star indicates likely placeholder and triple star indicates my best guess as to the ph

Thorn do you mind doing these for the Battraps down in East Ronfaure [S] outside of KRT, or do you need me to do something on my end first?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

oh dear god please if you could

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Hunting stupid low level new NMs now, just killed Duke Decapod in E Sabur, no drop really low HP pops H-4ish at the mouth of the river, just found Habrok in tahrongi at F-11 no drops. Going to keep going around looking.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Out of free downloads, can you rehost this please? I'm going to head down there in a bit and see if I have any luck.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just killed Muq Shabeel (coeurl nm) in Meriphataud Mountains [S]. had Regain and spammed Petrifactive Breath (petrify). Was very easy for 75THF and 75WHM duo, never hit me once. Dropped an Aptant of Fyrst.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ninita Nita
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Gnomeregan

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    Alright need verification for this. Anyone who's popped Okyupete or seen it up, can you please post where you found it at? The two times I've seen it up, its been at (F/G-5) (second time it popped, someone else killed, they got nothing to drop).

Pretty certain this is probably the only place that it can pop, or it could just be some weird occurrence.
    Both times you saw it.. was it North/South of the river or in the river?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akairyu Gestalter
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros

Give me a sec and I'll post another map screen showing where Thorny's likely/best guess PHs are and what else is around them.

Edit: Screenshot added.

3 of the starred mobs are all pretty close together but one's kinda off on his own with a bunch of non-PHs. Not really sure why but I'm going to cycle through the starred ones till I see some Centepidal whateverhisfaceis!

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD UP

Im not sure these token things are anythign at all to do with psynergy.

This almost looks like the trophy hunt system from FF12, run around hunting rare NMs, kill for trophy, return to some NPC and every n amount of trophies you get a reward...

I dunno, these tokens really just dont seem anythign like the evolith system which had the actual evolith stones. These look like somethign entirely different... I also don't see why SE would introduce these tokens almost a month ahead of the acutal use...

Would our dat mining find a new NPC thats added, or see any change? IE did we find out about things like ANNMs through dat mining or just someone runnign by, clicking an NPC and finding otu about it? Its not exaclty listed under quests so it wouldnt pop up there...

I totally forgot that I .dat mined the cities earlier in the week. Basically the hunt registries (The big red book) is actually in the past AND the present. The one for Windurst will be in Port Windurst and Windurst Waters [S].

The registries offer the same kind of FoV stuff, but also allow you to hunt specific NM's. The specific NM's listed are pretty much all the NM's in the game. Question is, has anyone seen any Aptants added to old NM's as of late?

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    Thorn do you mind doing these for the Battraps down in East Ronfaure [S] outside of KRT, or do you need me to do something on my end first?
    I can, gimme a minute. Other requests are fine too, just takes like 10 min per. If you pinpoint any placeholders using these I'd love if you could PM me the ph name for my records

Assuming you're looking for goblintrap:

http://rapidshare.com/files/306160429/18.DAT.html

ROM/26/18.dat

One mob triple starred, 2 single starred. To repeat, those are MY guesses based on observations on other new NMs. I cannot say 100% starred mobs will be placeholders, but I will guarantee if it's a lottery mob then the placeholder is at least one of the numbered ones.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just popped and killed Kotan-kor Kamuy again. Popped from the same set of 3 hippos on the east side of G-7 as the last time. Noticed both times it popped was at night time. Not sure if that means anything. Has anyone else popped it during the day?

1/2 on the Horn now :D

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoma View Post
    Just popped and killed Kotan-kor Kamuy again. Popped from the same set of 3 hippos on the east side of G-7 as the last time. Noticed both times it popped was at night time. Not sure if that means anything. Has anyone else popped it during the day?

1/2 on the Horn now :D
    Would you have a guess on how much HP it has? Wondering if I could solo this with QD/Kiting

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Akairyu View Post
    Give me a sec and I'll post another map screen showing where Thorny's likely/best guess PHs are and what else is around them.

Edit: Screenshot added.

3 of the starred mobs are all pretty close together but one's kinda off on his own with a bunch of non-PHs. Not really sure why but I'm going to cycle through the starred ones till I see some Centepidal whateverhisfaceis!
    Thanks! Is there a way to distinguish the lone NE Scorp from the non-placeholders over there? Widescan isn't really going to be an option solo. If not, I'll just concentrate on the others.

EDIT: Nevermind the above, got the .dat. Thanks Thorny.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Would you have a guess on how much HP it has? Wondering if I could solo this with QD/Kiting
    It has about 10k HP, it either rages or depops though according to GM :s Placeholder is a single fixed mob, but until I get my horn I'm not posting publically.. feel free to PM me your server if you're interested it(goes for anyone) and I'll give you a .dat with only actual PH marked.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous24 View Post
    Both times you saw it.. was it North/South of the river or in the river?
    South. Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Uwen
    I can't post on the new NM thread yet as my account is new, I went to check on Okyupete just now and a DRG there told me he got Shepherd's Chain to drop.

Pet: Damage take -2%
    Very fucking disappointing if it drops this -.-; so not going after it anymore if anyone's still honestly interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny
    Assuming you're looking for goblintrap:

ROM/26/18.dat

One mob triple starred, 2 single starred. To repeat, those are MY guesses based on observations on other new NMs. I cannot say 100% starred mobs will be placeholders, but I will guarantee if it's a lottery mob then the placeholder is at least one of the numbered ones.
    Thank you very much, sir. Going out there now, and I'll PM you anything I find. I hope to God I can get this mother fucker to pop today.

rehosted scorp dat for nightfyre, if you need non-rapidshare suggest a site and i'll put it up there :s

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

rehosted scorp dat for nightfyre, if you need non-rapidshare suggest a site and i'll put it up there :s
    Mediafire?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Concerning these scorps, what do they con @75?