+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nexus Cape     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Wow no ToAU at all.

King Arthro seems to be hands down the best use for this...go get in a party with a mule or someone you're helping out, and do whatever you want for 3 hours. You're guaranteed to be there in time to help them claim!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wow... now that I'm thinking about it, releasing this cape is a brilliant move by SE. Imagine all the extra $1 mules that people will be making to put characters at various spots in the game for warping purposes.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Divinius View Post
    Wow... now that I'm thinking about it, releasing this cape is a brilliant move by SE. Imagine all the extra $1 mules that people will be making to put characters at various spots in the game for warping purposes.
    I never thought of this, but you're 100% right!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I didn't want to get the 2nd expansion but with this, I'm on the fence. They're pretty smart about getting every penny they can from their paying customers. >.>

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That is exactly why I decided to wait until today to even care bout any of these mini expansions. I'll be picking up the Vana Ultimate Collection either today or sometime later this week.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So, anyone try using it as pt leader? lol

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

What's it do when you use it and are party leader?

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    deletes your bird hat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just says that you cannot use the item because the player where you are zoning to is at an unavailable location, or something like that...

Problem with the whole mule warp thing is that you can't warp to a $1 mule unless you have 2 accounts, for which you will be paying more than $1 for a small warp to somewhere. Can't have your main and mule running at the same time now, can we.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post
    Just says that you cannot use the item because the player where you are zoning to is at an unavailable location, or something like that...

Problem with the whole mule warp thing is that you can't warp to a $1 mule unless you have 2 accounts, for which you will be paying more than $1 for a small warp to somewhere. Can't have your main and mule running at the same time now, can we.
    Use the mule to get a pt member there, use pt member to get you there?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    deletes your bird hat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Use the mule to get a pt member there, use pt member to get you there?
    Yes, because between the time you are on your mule and your main, your two characters remain in the same party, right?

ffs...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The warp animation plays, with the sound effect of custard being sucked through a straw by a nasally-congested toddler with ADHD.

Where you were once stood, a pile of ash with your name above it is created.

The game over screen appears. Time to roll a new character.

Yes, because between the time you are on your mule and your main, your two characters remain in the same party, right?

ffs...
    there's this magical thing called disbanding from and joining a party, you should look into it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    there's this magical thing called disbanding from and joining a party, you should look into it.
    Dammit! Of course, why didn't I think of that! I must be so stupid!

Tell you what, you go run your mule to KA. You log onto your character and party up with someone. You hop to your mule, and get them to party up with you, they warp to KA, you log and switch over to your main, then of course party up with them again and then Nexus to them! Omg I must be a fucking idiot!

Shame this won't work in Jeuno, or Whitegate, or Tavnazia, or Windurst, or San d'oria, or Bastok, or any other place that you may be because last time I checked you can only invite people from the same region, so the only areas it will work in are if you are ALREADY IN:
    • Jugner Forest
      Batallia Downs
      Phanauet Channel
      Carpenters' Landing
      Monastic Cavern
      Eldieme Necropolis
      Davoi

So therefore you'd have to physically get yourself to one of these areas to first party up with the mule in the first place.

Derkaderp.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    The real question is when in an alliance, can it teleport you to the alliance leader, or really to only the party leader!
    Tested this for dynamis. Ports you to your party leader, not the alliance leader who was also in zone, but not to the group yet.

Dammit! Of course, why didn't I think of that! I must be so stupid!

Tell you what, you go run your mule to KA. You log onto your character and party up with someone. You hop to your mule, and get them to party up with you, they warp to KA, you log and switch over to your main, then of course party up with them again and then Nexus to them! Omg I must be a fucking idiot!

Shame this won't work in Jeuno, or Whitegate, or Tavnazia, or Windurst, or San d'oria, or Bastok, or any other place that you may be because last time I checked you can only invite people from the same region, so the only areas it will work in are if you are ALREADY IN:
    • Jugner Forest
      Batallia Downs
      Phanauet Channel
      Carpenters' Landing
      Monastic Cavern
      Eldieme Necropolis
      Davoi

So therefore you'd have to physically get yourself to one of these areas to first party up with the mule in the first place.

Derkaderp.
    That's what outposts are for, although not quite to the degree of speed hoped for, however, it does provide quicker access.

Shadow of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Which is still better than running something like Ronfaure OP -> Sandy -> Chocobo -> King Ranpeireireire's -> Jugner or Tele-Holla-> Ronfaure. Instead you could just go Tele-Holla -> Jugner -> Cape or OP Jugner -> Cape.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

• Jugner Forest
      Batallia Downs
      Phanauet Channel
      Carpenters' Landing
      Monastic Cavern
      Eldieme Necropolis
      Davoi

Derkaderp.
    You do know that Carpenter's Landing is accessible from Northern San d'Oria, yes?