+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nexus Cape     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post
    Dammit! Of course, why didn't I think of that! I must be so stupid!

Tell you what, you go run your mule to KA. You log onto your character and party up with someone. You hop to your mule, and get them to party up with you, they warp to KA, you log and switch over to your main, then of course party up with them again and then Nexus to them! Omg I must be a fucking idiot!

Shame this won't work in Jeuno, or Whitegate, or Tavnazia, or Windurst, or San d'oria, or Bastok, or any other place that you may be because last time I checked you can only invite people from the same region, so the only areas it will work in are if you are ALREADY IN:
    • Jugner Forest
      Batallia Downs
      Phanauet Channel
      Carpenters' Landing
      Monastic Cavern
      Eldieme Necropolis
      Davoi

So therefore you'd have to physically get yourself to one of these areas to first party up with the mule in the first place.

Derkaderp.
    I was thinking more along the lines of specific places within zones that are a pain in the butt to get to. The top of Parradamo Tor, the side of the cliff in Uleguerand Range, etc. And as for Parradamo Tor, I've already made a mule, ran him to Attohwa Chasm and up the mountain, and proceeded to use the trick to get an ENM group to the Cradle of Rebirth fast. It's really simple... I log in my mule, they invite him, make him leader, and all nexus cape up to him. Then I log out the mule, log in my main, they invite me, and I warp up. Saves the time of waiting for people to try to figure out how to get up the mountain.

I'm not sure why you are going so far out of your way to say this is stupid, when it's actually quite simple as long as you are going with one other person.

assburgers
    BG Level

3~4 people in party.

Mule at KA, someone OP's there and invites the mule, capes across the rock, you log back to town with your party (I assume you can nexus out of whitegate, just not into it, right?), and all cape over to KA?

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    3~4 people in party.
    (I assume you can nexus out of whitegate, just not into it, right?), and all cape over to KA?
    yes you can. I was in party, but taking a bit longer to gear up. The group went to QS entrance @ d-12 in western altep. I used my cape from whitegate, got warped right to the party leader.

Anyone try the Nexus Cape on areas you need a quest to access?

Like Airship docks or Toraimal Canal entrance from Windurst Walls?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyn View Post
    Anyone try the Nexus Cape on areas you need a quest to access?

Like Airship docks or Toraimal Canal entrance from Windurst Walls?
    Warps you to Home Point within the city zone you are in. Does not warp you to party leaders location in cities.

Aaww darn. Thanks for the info.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

anyone try using this cape to get regain feathers?

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is the cape fixed for windower users now? I remember it was crashing peoples game while equipped (including me)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kazo View Post
    anyone try using this cape to get regain feathers?
    doesn'T work

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Tell you what, you go run your mule to KA. You log onto your character and party up with someone. You hop to your mule, and get them to party up with you, they warp to KA, you log and switch over to your main, then of course party up with them again and then Nexus to them! Omg I must be a fucking idiot!

Shame this won't work in Jeuno, or Whitegate, or Tavnazia, or Windurst, or San d'oria, or Bastok, or any other place that you may be because last time I checked you can only invite people from the same region, so the only areas it will work in are if you are ALREADY IN:
    • Jugner Forest
      Batallia Downs
      Phanauet Channel
      Carpenters' Landing
      Monastic Cavern
      Eldieme Necropolis
      Davoi

So therefore you'd have to physically get yourself to one of these areas to first party up with the mule in the first place.

Derkaderp.
    I counter your argument with this rebuttal:
    If you're in your home nation, outpost to Jugner, nexus over
    If said home nation is San, have leader run to KRT, zone to ronfaure, invite, nexus over (or just go to Landing from sandy, yeah thats faster)
    If you're in Jeuno, run to Batallia, nexus over
    If you're in whitegate, get a tele-h, get a bird or hoof to jugner, nexus over.

HALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO

I guess now the question is:

After seeing Knight crabs pop: Is there enough time to get 1 silver coin, talk to taru, warp back to home nation & then warp to Jugner, get an invite from leader & use nexus cape before KA pops?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

After seeing Knight crabs pop: Is there enough time to get 1 silver coin, talk to taru, warp back to home nation & then warp to Jugner, get an invite from leader & use nexus cape before KA pops?
    That's situational. In 2005 people will hold those crabs forfuckingever. Not sure what it's like now.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The person camping KA should go on a job that can hold KA for at least a couple minutes. Then there's no problem.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

• Jugner Forest
      Batallia Downs
      Phanauet Channel
      Carpenters' Landing
      Monastic Cavern
      Eldieme Necropolis
      Davoi

Derkaderp.
    Because it's hard to get to virtually any region from town.

If there isn't, then there wasn't enough time to get there the long way, either.

Is Nexus Cape limited to 1 per account or any mule who makes it to Jeuno can get one?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It works like the expansions it says. So from that understanding providing you brought all 3 expansions and your mules are level 30 and above, you can get it, since the mini packs apply to all characters/mules on your account.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    It works like the expansions it says. So from that understanding providing you brought all 3 expansions and your mules are level 30 and above, you can get it, since the mini packs apply to all characters/mules on your account.
    This is correct, I just recently sent my mule to Jeuno, and was able to obtain and equip the Nexus Cape (Mule's RDM job is at Level 30). I already have the cape on my main character as well.

Totally missed the level restriction. Thanks!