Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 10 - Shut the fuck up cowboys fans, this isn't your week.

Ah, it's that time of the year again, where we get our regular season superbowl. It's a good week, we now get football FOUR nights a week, I guess more if you count some of the lesser college games, WHICH I DON'T! Well, we have all assembled here to answer one question...WHO YA GOT!?!? Manning or Brady?

THU, NOV 12

Chicago at San Francisco (-3) - I don't know if anyone has noticed this or not, but the 49ers aren't that damn good. Sorry. They've lost 4 strait, and even in their three wins, two of them are against the sinkholes of the NFL in the Rams and Seahawks. Alex Smith is getting a lot of praise, but doesn't have a single win. Their pass defense has been suspect at best. Cutler needs a rebound game and he's going to get it here. Chicago with the upset.

SUN, NOV 15

New Orleans at St. Louis (+13.5) - What good can come out of this game? I almost feel bad for spags, he inherits a shit NFL franchise with old players and little fan support. Are the Rams even the 2nd most watched team in St. Louis, or do the Blues take that honor? New Orleans is going to win this game, but I'm going to take the Rams and 13.5 points because, quite frankly, noone else will.

Tampa Bay at Miami (-10) - I hate this game for Miami. Tampa is coming off an emotional first win with their new coach and fresh QB who looked pretty damn good in his opener. I think Miami is better than their record, homer in me, but realistically they've played very well against very good teams. You have to win games you're supposed to lose if you want to get recognized though, and Tampa did that last week. I like Tampa to keep this one close, Miami to win, Tampa +10.

Detroit at Minnesota (-17) - Fun Fact, Vegas is getting killed on making lines this year. If the oddsmakers could realistically get away with it, this game would probably be a 25 point spread. Noone in their right mind would take that, and if they lost, they would lose big. This has caused some pretty big tears in Vegas this year because they have to set the point spreads lower than what they realistically should be, and teams are still managing large blowout wins. You have to take Minnesota and the points here.

Jacksonville at NY Jets (-6.5) - I think this could prove to be a very interesting game for the Jets. There have been some teams that have just tore huge chunks of yards out of them on the ground. Will it happen again this week? Everytime I hear or see the Jaguars on TV, I automatically think of Katy Perry. It's really quite pleasant, but I'm reminded of her worst song...hot and cold. When Jax is on, they are on. When they're off, they're off, we just never know what the hell we're going to get. I think the Jets are going to take this one. Lay the points.

Buffalo at Tennessee (-6.5) - The soon to be 10-6 Titans get a home game against a really stout Buffalo pass defense. Will Vinsanity have a good game against this good pass defense, will Barr..Chris Johnson rip a hole through the Buffalo defense? Will TO put up 100 yards rushing? I don't know, and quite frankly, I don't really care. Tennessee to win, Buffalo +6.5

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (-7) Any other week of the season, this may be the best game of the week. This week, it may be the third best. So much good NFL on this weekend, and I can happily say, I'll get to see this. Fairly excited for this game, because Pitt has just emerged (as should be expected) as one of the more dominating NFL teams after a 1-2 start. I know Cinci is firing on all cylinders, I know their running game is good, I know the defense is fantastic, but I just can't imagine them sweeping the Steelers. I think...no, I know...that Pitt is a better team than when these two teams met the first time. Pitt has it at home this time. Pitt to cover.

Denver at Washington (+3.5) - You look at this line, and say "What the fuck?" A 2 loss team against the Redskins is less than a 4 point favorite? I think there's a reason for that, and that reason is that Denver just really isn't that great. Good defenses have exposed them, and if Washington can put up some points, they'll win this game. I'll take Denver, but give me the points with the skins.

Atlanta at Carolina (+1.5) - Pretty big wildcard implications in this game. It's a long season, but that NFC wildcard spot is going to be hotly hotly contested. Not including division winners, there could be five teams in contention for those two spots. 10-6 may not lock a team in. If Atlanta wants to keep themselves strait, they need this game. I still like Carolina to pull this out at home.

Kansas City at Oakland (-2) - Not worth my time. KC.

Seattle at Arizona (-8.5) - Are they good? Are they not? Are they good? Are they not? I swear to god, Kurt Warner has the largest gap in history between his "on" and "off" switches. 5picks one week, 5TDs the next. The Cards have played better away than they have at home this year, a stark contrast from last year. They should still handle Seattle quite easily, who almost lost a home game to the Lions just a week ago.

Dallas at Green Bay (+3) - Again, one of the three best games of the week in my opinion, and thankfully, most of the country will see it. I think Vegas is giving Dallas WAY too much cred here. I know they've won 3 or four strait or whatever. I know they lead their shitty division. I know Romo is clutch in November. Breen Bay is on the ropes, and they're at home. They've taken two devastating losses in the past two weeks. The Packers are going to pick up the missing peices of Aaron Rogers from last week, ship them to Green Bay, and reassemble. Dallas is going to spend their week atop the East knocking back Mai Tai's with Milton, not a god damned Pina Colada. And no salt for the margarita. LOCK OF THE YEAR, Green bay +3.

Philadelphia at San Diego (-2.5) - God damned all these fantastic games. Why can't we spread these out to some of the shittier weeks? I really don't know who needs or wants this game more, and that's what makes is such a great game. I really have no idea who's going to win this game, it could be a pick em for all I'm concerned. They both handled their business against New York. I'll take the home team to cover, but no real justification for doing so.

New England at Indianapolis (-3) - So, despite New England stepping their game up tenfold over the past three weeks and Indi losing their entire secondary with less than a week to prepare, Vegas still thinks these teams are even on a neutral field, assuming the three point home bump? I find that somewhat surprising. I don't really worry about their secondary being young and inexperienced against Brady near as much as I worry about their preparation. They've find out, literally, jsut a few days ago that they'd be starting. Preparing against Manning day in and day out will allow any secondary to step up their game, but they haven't been practicing against Manning all year. Brady is going to have a damn good game. With that said, New England also has their slew of injuries to deal with. Since I like this game to be a shootout, the total points scored will probably be under 45. I said Indi about 2 weeks ago, and I'm sticking to my guns. Indi, lay the points.

MON, NOV 16

Baltimore at Cleveland (+11) - All the great games on Sunday and we get this on a Monday. I wish they could flex the Monday night games, there's too much good football for one sunday. I'll continue the chalk picks and take Baltimore to win. I'll take a reinvigorated quinn lead Browns team at home +11.

With that said, I asked in the opening "who ya got? Manning or Brady?" Best QB is...?

Manning.

Stats:
    Last week:
    ATS: 7-6
    Strait up: 7-6

On the Year:
    ATS: 62-65-2 (Creeping up to .500)
    Strait up: 87-42

I'll leave week 9 thread open til tomorrow.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Looking for Manning to take the points and the win, but depending on the RTP flags Brady might steal it.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Great title, or the greatest title?

NE/Indy is the game I'm looking forward to- and the point spread points to the scent of potential upset here. The Colts will have to play all four quarters and expect Brady to be nipping at their defense the entire time. Not waiting to make big plays, but pushing for them.

On the other side, the Deadskins continue to de-animate. Portis is doubtful for the game thanks to the concussion he got last week, and that moves the offense ever closer to "crippled retard" status. And try to remember that a team with two wins is exactly two wins better than whatever Washington could actually beat this year...and two 1-win teams mark Washington as the only team THEY could win against.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Incoming Steelers dickriding by everyone who doesn't know what the fuck

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Chicago at San Francisco

New Orleans at St. Louis - lol

Tampa Bay at Miami

Detroit at Minnesota - lol

Jacksonville at NY Jets - upset pick?

Buffalo at Tennessee - VY

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh

Denver at Washington

Atlanta at Carolina

Kansas City at Oakland - Jamarcus is teh best. - Al Davis

Seattle at Arizona - Battle of the birds lul

Dallas at Green Bay - I can honestly say I'm fairly confident in this pick now.

Philadelphia at San Diego

New England at Indianapolis

Baltimore at Cleveland

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

why you gotta shit on the skins Kyreth? wtf

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    NE/Indy is the game I'm looking forward to- and the point spread points to the scent of potential upset here. The Colts will have to play all four quarters and expect Brady to be nipping at their defense the entire time. Not waiting to make big plays, but pushing for them.

On the other side, the Deadskins continue to de-animate. Portis is doubtful for the game thanks to the concussion he got last week, and that moves the offense ever closer to "crippled retard" status. And try to remember that a team with two wins is exactly two wins better than whatever Washington could actually beat this year...and two 1-win teams mark Washington as the only team THEY could win against.
    Even worse than that, Zorn hinted that Darth Snyder was interested in Larry Johnson. Also, there's intense discussion on if Michael Vick might don the burgundy and gold next year. Campbell is most likely going to Buffalo, Collins becomes a free agent and there aren't enough draft picks to fix the problems on both side of the ball. Only things I'm looking forward to are more rushing yards from Ladel Betts and Brian Orakpo stepping up like last week on defense.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hoping this week is the beginning of the end for the Bengals. They still have the Browns/Chiefs/Raiders/Lions left on their schedule, gotta hope they start losing some of these tough division games since I dont think the Steelers are going anywhere. Need that wildcard spot for my Jets to keep an outside shot alive, and we play them in week 17. Either way, pretty much going to have to start rooting against the loser of this game.. just rather it be the bengals since we play them head to head.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Bengals are practically a 10 win lock. I think you need to start looking at the ravens, chargers, broncos, or texans. At least two are coming out of the north, although I'm having a hard time finding 9 wins for the jets save indi taking off after wrapping up home field and cinci having nothing to play for.

Demosthenes11

total gimme week for the jets

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    total gimme week for the jets
    Just as much a gimme as it was for GB last week amirite.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Tyche, best title ever.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Just as much a gimme as it was for GB last week amirite.
    get romo's dick out of your ass and realize not everything connects back to the cowboys.
    except fairies, sequins, and old toys

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Bengals are practically a 10 win lock. I think you need to start looking at the ravens, chargers, broncos, or texans. At least two are coming out of the north, although I'm having a hard time finding 9 wins for the jets save indi taking off after wrapping up home field and cinci having nothing to play for.
    Yeah I know, all the other teams save Broncos(who i think will take the division even though theyre falling off) already have 3+ losses. And I dont see much better than 9-7 myself, so its just a good time to start rooting against the frontrunners and tighten things up.

And its not a gimme week for the Jets yet demo, that's next week ;p

Demosthenes11

tbh if I knew my team had no chance of success in the playoffs I'd root for them to fall off the horse and get a better draft pick, or did they lose next year's because of the dirty sanchize deal?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I hear ya man. The best statistical pass defense in the league wouldnt stand a chance against the teams currently in the playoff hunt. Terrible matchup against the Colts, Pats, Broncos. No chance whatsoever.

Demosthenes11

if the jets even make it to the playoffs I will put that I love you in my sig

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well theyre probably not going to unless the bengals/steelers fall apart. Division isn't entirely out of reach though, if the pats lose to the colts this week then we go into Foxborough with a chance to pull even

Assuming Maurice doesn't go all Jones-Drew on our asses this week.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    tbh if I knew my team had no chance of success in the playoffs I'd root for them to fall off the horse and get a better draft pick, or did they lose next year's because of the dirty sanchize deal?
    Not everyone is lucky enough to think like that. Especially when you have this fucker doing your draft picks:http://www.imagebeast.net/images/6jd...uti9emplec.jpg

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast