• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

FFXI-9001 / installation path invalid Error

Well here's the background:

Ran out of space on my XP partition, so I decided to move my XI install over to an external drive. Just did a basic copy/paste and modified the registry keys (hkey_local_machine > software > playonlineus > installfolder) to point to the new path (same as the old one except the drive letters changed).

I started up POL, booted up just fine and downloaded the latest patch without incident, but when it goes to launch the game, it kicks me back into POL, and gives the FFXI-9001(-1) invalid install path error.

Anyone know a workaround for this that doesn't involve reinstalling from a dvd/iso? Did I miss a reg key or something? The path is definitely correct, I've checked and rechecked it a few times now, so not sure what's wrong. The external drive letter hasn't changed, so it's not that either.

-not a solution post-

Just throwing this in here, that rarely ever works for any system intensive application. Glad you confirmed it doesn't work so no one is tempted to ever try it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

change the registry entry back to how it was originally, create an ntfs junction point (google it) pointing from the original folder to the new one

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you do the same procedure of copying an ffxi folder to a new computer, including the /regsrv32 bat file, except with modified reg files, I think it should work.

Install pol onto the external, copy the files ontop, overwriting, load the reg file, run the bat file, file check and it should be good to go.