Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Tagus

I had this happen to me yesterday. Sent a /tell to somebody about selling some gear on the AH to level THF and it got blocked.

Can't they just filter out website's sent through /tell? Like if said person sends URL in /tell then its blocked. telling people about URLS is against TOS anyway. Seems like that'd be easier then trying to do all this

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Can't they just filter out website's sent through /tell? Like if said person sends URL in /tell then its blocked. telling people about URLS is against TOS anyway. Seems like that'd be easier then trying to do all this
    They tried this in AION, they just do brosaleDOTcom and brosale.com (in jp lettering)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by DrRuler View Post
    They tried this in AION, they just do brosaleDOTcom and brosale.com (in jp lettering)
    They should filter out "DOTcom" (case insensitive and space insensitive). I don't think there are any real words that contain "dotcom" in them.

RMT will come up with some other way to represent their website but if you keep filtering out their techniques, eventually they will have trouble coming up with anything that resembles a web URL.

Of course the real solution is to design an MMO where buying currency doesn't make sense or is flat-out impossible.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

I was getting a false positive last night as well while talking to someone in tells. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what the trigger could have been before getting annoyed with it. At first I thought it was perhaps the length, although I've sent long messages before without issues. Then I started playing with changing 'everyone' to other words with various results.

Original sentence: going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to everyone still (Blocked)

going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to everyone (Blocked)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to (Allowed)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to noone (Blocked)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to one (Blocked)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to o (Allowed)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to on (Blocked)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to bear (Allowed)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to no (Blocked)
    going to log out and put some more work into PS0 before sleep...got to catch up to noo (Blocked)
    PS0 (Allowed)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

chatmon was updated by Aikar, if the spams are still getting through and you play using windower.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Chatmon

i highly doubt they're doing any kind of complex analysis within the message and there's no indication that they start blocking identical tells at least until above a threshold we're not likely to reach. could be nothing more complicated than a bayesian filter with a point value per word. blowsale.com might be a 10, power level may constitute 2, some more common ffxi banter like "batallia downs" might register as a negative. if we could experiment and try to quantify the value of words, we could probably match their algorithm fairly easily.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

My friend was dicking around and sent me a website url in his tell, it went through just fine without spam filter blocking it. Obviously the RMTs get through with slightly altered web URLs as well, but...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

inb4

>> Buy gil, website.com {Windurst} {Mithra} {Campaign} {hume} {Jeuno} {Apple Pie} {Black Mage}

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Honestly someone needs to beat some common sense into SE's thick as shit skull. If they'd put some kind of restriction on /tells for trials that would have been an easier fix.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Seen them say websites with somethingsomething.(om now instead of .com. Guessing it bypasses the filter too?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Honestly someone needs to beat some common sense into SE's thick as shit skull. If they'd put some kind of restriction on /tells for trials that would have been an easier fix.
    This especially lol would've been the way I done it at the start

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    SE devs remind me of the "unique" players in the dunes wanting to level their white mage with war sub because "they want to be different".

Seriously SE, just because it's different, doesn't mean it's better.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

And people think FF14 is going to be better...

HA

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Am I the only one who has noticed that the people that talk shit about SE the most are the people giving them money to play their games?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hotpiercedguy View Post
    Am I the only one who has noticed that the people that talk shit about SE the most are the people giving them money to play their games?
    Depends on their view. Do I think XI is good? Yes. Do I think SE has been halfassing things lately? Yes.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Your sig is gay.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by WyldFyre View Post
    Your sig is gay.
    At least he has a sig!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Makes sense. They're the ones paying, so they are more concerned about satisfaction than those who don't play anymore.

Ever notice how the people who complain about traffic the most are the ones who drive their cars to work?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnux View Post
    And people think FF14 is going to be better...

HA
    Go away troll...

SE really should have just restricted the spam filters to filter tells from free accounts. It's obvious that's how RMT are able to spam tells and not worry about being banned.