Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

The tell filter was working great for me, didn't run into any of these problems but then the RMT starting getting through somehow and I just got chatmon udpated so no more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maybe it has higher filtering by names with a high consonant:vowel ratio? Like if your name was Ksfdfda your tells would be blocked more often than if your name was Someguy

But that would be giving too much credit to SE.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by hotpiercedguy View Post
    So i sent a friend the following tell: "Yeah and I read you can't even high five in some schools now" (was discussing a school violence story in the news) And got "Your message has been blocked by the spam filter"

The later I sent a tell to someone different saying something like "Hey whats up what are you up to?" And got the same thing....

Why is it filtering those? Does anyone know what the filter is looking for?

I also figured out it DOES filter out www.brosale.com but does NOT filter brosale.com

I want to use this filter but i have turned it off now due to the fact that it seems to be filtering stuff it shouldn't.
    Hi Nick! (*'-')b

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnux View Post
    And people think FF14 is going to be better...

HA
    In case you missed it, right now it looks like players can't have the wrong subjob or equip the wrong weapon in FFXIV. No subjobs announced, and changing weapons change your jobs yo!
    No more WAR/WHM with a Sword/Shield because he's training to be a Paladin when he hits 30.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Baelgun

Well I do love the new filter but it is blocking out some of my friends tell. I think because they are sending me tells back to back, those are the only ones not making it through. SE defiantly needs to tweak this.

As soon as I saw that this "filter" only consists in turning it on or off, I knew the results would be: getting even more annoying tells with the addition of yet a newer annoyance; namely, of missing the actual important tells from other players, or having yours missed.

As I do not wish to miss tells and, even if not important but if anything, to appear discourteous by not replying to something I have never received, I just don't use the filter...I'll attempt to continue living under the delusion that one day there might actually be a filter that not only lives up to its name, but to its actual goal!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Better yet, the RMT should buy domain names like batalliadowns.com

>>Kaht: {Batallia Downs}.com for cheap gil!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

oh em gee HPG your sig is sooooo stupid

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

BG forum etiquette rule #141: When you have nothing to contribute, just talk shit.
    BG forum etiquette rule #142: When rule #141 fails, try to make yourself look cool by making fun of someones sig.
    How did I never notice Maller that your Sig has you wearing a fucking Chasuble?
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showp...&postcount=168

Good times.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'm running both ChatMon and the SE one at the same time. Anything that the SE one doesn't catch ChatMon will.

Unfortunately, now I need to update ChatMon almost daily because of the RMT's efforts to bypass SE's filter:

oosale.com, oosale com, oosale . com, oosale.cGm (G = o)

It'll never stop until I just disable any tell that contains letters.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Similar to tell filtering being random, I have a friend who keeps language filter on because it's funny to find out what they said.

Filtered: Hairy boobs (or boob singular, I don't remember the conversation context and probably don't want to)
    Not filtered: boobs
    Also not filtered: Hairy

Bonus filter: Ca? ? ???b some food before we start?
    Friend: I don't know what you want to do to your food, and I don't think I want to.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by freddiepines View Post
    Hi Nick! (*'-')b
    Hi Mr. Thomas I hope you are doing well. I wish you came back to the game><

Also Hi to you too mr. Hogie sir.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Who would have ever guessed that SE's solution for filtering RMT tells would fail.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chrius View Post
    Similar to tell filtering being random, I have a friend who keeps language filter on because it's funny to find out what they said.

Filtered: Hairy boobs (or boob singular, I don't remember the conversation context and probably don't want to)
    Not filtered: boobs
    Also not filtered: Hairy
    I'm over a week late on this but something I find funny: SE's chat filters block "ping pang". It's a Japanese form of table tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Who would have ever guessed that SE would fail.
    Fixed it for ya.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Today they sent me

Phofldsjk>> Hello 8R0SALE @ com (please replace 8 to B and replace @ to . ) fast delivery and power leveling. 100% safe

At least SE tries but in the end still get bothered by this crap.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    I just sent the two /tells you posted to someone with their filter turned on and they went through just fine.
    Yeah, I've had my /tells randomly blocked, and tried it a moment later and it went through fine. I also had them repeat it exactly to me, and it went through. It's just a random glitch in the filter in most cases, probably caused by lag on their server. Chatmon filters RMT spam much better for those that use Windower.

Quote Originally Posted by CrosisX
    I'm over a week late on this but something I find funny: SE's chat filters block "ping pang". It's a Japanese form of table tennis.
    So instead of calling it Ping Pong, they call it Ping Pang? Just out of curiosity... are their o's and a's interchangeable too? >_>

jesus fucking christ. why doesn't the filter just block all goddamn trial accounts?

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    jesus fucking christ. why doesn't the filter just block all goddamn trial accounts?
    PS2 limitations.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Because the playerbase has been asking for trial account tell blocking. And therefore SE cannot implement that; its too easy of a fix. Clearly they know their "grand idea" to solve it will work 100x better then what the playerbase can think of.