BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

NFL Week 11: Injury loves company...

Fuck my life...

Dolphins put Brown on injured reserve

Let's go weep together Miz, our NFL season is practically over, all we have left is to watch Cowboys fans be tore down after being lifted up. Maybe there is something to live for!

Miami at Carolina (-3) - Welp, Miami has lost their wildcat launchpad. Ricky has taken snaps, but not near the reps that Brown has had. We may begin to see a bit more of Pat White, or we may begin to see a bit less of the wildcat. Possibly both. Despite all this, I really like Miami in this game. I think they'll stop the run and the talented rookie safeties will play hell on Jake. Miami for the upset.

Washington at Dallas (-11) - The Redskins should be focusing on the 2010 draft and Snyder needs to be counting the benjamins for the uncapped season. Dallas bounces back in the deathstar after an embarassing loss and performance by the offense to win huge. Dallas -11.

Cleveland at Detroit (-3.5) - Heh, Detroit is favored in a game. I'm starting Detroit in a fantasy league this week. Hey, 5 offensive TDs in 15 games, what's not to love about that? Detroit to win and cover.

San Francisco at Green Bay (-6.5) - Even though I believe that we are beginning to see the dreams of a niners playoff run fade away, I think that Singletary will keep them focused game to game. They're a physical team who could play hell for Green Bay. I like Green Bay to win and keep their playoff hopes burning, but I like the niners to keep it close. San Fran +6.5.

Pittsburgh at Kansas City (+10) - With the loss of their top WR and their starting RB in the same week, KC is not in a position to do a hell of a lot for the rest of the season. Pitt on the other had, now appears to be a wildcard team in a very competitive AFC. They'll have to steer strait for the rest of the season or their hopes may get crushed early. Pitt will take out a very tough loss against a weakened KC team. Pitt to cover.

Atlanta at NY Giants (-6.5) - Wow, that's sort of a big number for a team that's lost four strait facing a potential playoff team. Nonetheless, the Giants are coming off a bye week and Atlanta is coming off a pretty physical loss against Carolina. Giants begin their bounce back to the top of the NFC East against Atlanta. A rested G-men -6.5 against a beat down Falcons team.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay (-11.5) - OH HO HO! The Bucs are busting out the creamsicle jersey's this week. Last time that happened, they upset green bay! Factor in that New Orleans almost dropped one against a miserable St. Louis team, and we may have the makings of a storm brewing. Too bad it won't happen. New Orleans to win, Tampa +11.5

Buffalo at Jacksonville (-8.5) - Jacksoville is coming off a pretty big high with a big win over the Jets, and Buffalo is coming off the lowest of lows after Dick Jauron was fired. The new couch is going to have a very tough time, especially with the way that rushing defense has been playing. MJD to have a huge game and run all damn day against Buffalo. Jax -8.5.

Indianapolis at Baltimore (+1) - Indi is coming off a dominating and emotional comeback victory. Baltimore is coming off a bye week against Cleveland. This has all the makings of an upset. Regardless, I don't think the Ravens have been the same Ravens team they were earlier int he season. It doesn't matter, even when the team was struggling in 2007, they almost took down the Patriots run. They step it up in big games. Baltimore for the upset!

Seattle at Minnesota (-10.5) - One of the best o-lines in football, one of the best d-lines in football, a QB who could win the MVP, and the best running back in the game. What the hell is not to like? Minnesota to cover.

Arizona at St. Louis (+9) - St. Louis held their own against a very potent passing attack, and help Colsten to next to nothing. If they can contain Fitz in a similar fashion, they may pull another showdown in the 4th quarter. It hinges on the bi-polar Warner and how he performs. I'm guess Spags will have the Rams ready for this. Arizona to win, St. Louis +9.

NY Jets at New England (-10.5) - If the spread for this game was 25, I think it would still be easy money. Rex Ryan has shown his softer, tear-filled side, which I don't know is the right direction when preparing for the Patriots. The Jets bested them in game 1, everyone is questioning Bellichick, a devastating last second loss to Indi...it's a perfect storm that will ultimately result in Rex Ryan hugging a teddy bear and spooning with Revis. New England -50.

Cincinnati at Oakland (-9.5) - And Cinci continues to keep on rolling toward, possibly a first round bye in the playoffs. How fucking crazy would that be? They've passed the test and went through the meat of their schedule with flying colors. If they can hold it together and minimize the injury burdens, they may have a chance to coast deep into the playoffs. Cinci -9.5

San Diego at Denver (+3) - Probably the pivotal matchup of the week. If Denver takes a 2 game lead with the tie-breaker, it'll be very tough (albeit not unprecedented) for the Chargers to pull it together and win the East. I really don't know why, but I sort of like Denver to bounce back in this game. I don't like them enough to pick them, but I'll take the Broncos and the points to keep it close.

Philadelphia at Chicago (+3) - A really good defense facing a QB that loves to give the ball away. What the hell does Chicago have to do to get a good QB. Their shitty old QB turned out to be decent in denver, their shitty old RB turned out to be fantastic in cleveland, and Denver's fantastic QB turned into complete shit in Chicago. Will Lovie make it to 2010? Chicago for the upset.

MON, NOV 23

Tennessee at Houston (-4.5) - Both teams have been playing really well, and it seems Vince Young has reinvigorated the franchise. He's gotta drop one sometime, and I just don't think he's going to be able to hang with the Houston offense, and I don't know if Johnson ill be able to do it all by himself, even though he's practically carried the team here lately. I like Houston to open this game up and cover.

Stats
    Last week:
    ATS: 8-6-1
    Strait up: 11-4

On the year:
    ATS: 70-71-3
    Strait up: 98-46

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Inb4 Tyche finally believes in teh manning...

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Miami at Carolina
    Washington at Dallas

Cleveland
    at Detroit
    San Francisco at Green Bay

Pittsburgh
    at Kansas City

Atlanta at NY Giants

New Orleans at Tampa Bay

Buffalo at Jacksonville

Indianapolis at Baltimore

Seattle at Minnesota

Arizona
    at St. Louis

NY Jets at New England

San Diego at Denver

Philadelphia at Chicago

MON, NOV 23

Tennessee at Houston

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

2005 all over again, who dey!

Well, hopefully minus a fat bastard falling on Carson's knee...

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

You forgot to bold cincy. Also, I agree on it being a close game with GB. But we usually lose those games so I'll go with green bay.

But I still hope we dominate.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Cort View Post
    2005 all over again, who dey!

Well, hopefully minus a fat bastard falling on Carson's knee...
    GET OUT

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Straight

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

You put the giants in the AFC East.

Upset of the week, Falcons over Giants.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Fuck my life...

Atlanta at NY Giants (-6.5) - Wow, that's sort of a big number for a team that's lost four strait facing a potential playoff team. Nonetheless, the Giants are coming off a bye week and Atlanta is coming off a pretty physical loss against Carolina. Giants begin their bounce back to the top of the NFC East against Atlanta. A rested G-men -6.5 against a beat down Falcons team.

New Orleans atTampa Bay (-11.5) - OH HO HO! The Bucs are busting out the creamsicle jersey's this week. Last time that happened, they upset green bay! Factor in that New Orleans almost dropped one against a miserable St. Louis team, and we may have the makings of a storm brewing. Too bad it won't happen. New Orleans to win, Tampa +11.5
    Fixed a couple typos for you. Had the Bucs and then the Giants in the AFC East.

Either way, I pretty much agree. I want to pick Indy, but I think people are thinking Baltimore is shit, even though I personally think they were just looking past the Browns and prepping for the Colts.

Ridill
    BG Level

I really want to see Miami's Wildcat run with a QB in Ricky's role--

I.E. Ricky taking the snaps and having the inside or edge to run, and White coming across for the handoff to either take it outside, or throw.

It seems like the threat of the throw being a very regular thing, and not just "something you have to keep in mind" could make it an even more effective setup.

I'd freaking kill to see a full on Wildcat with CJ and VY, too.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Really hope the Pats just pound the Jets into submission this week since they couldnt beat the Colts for me to put the nail in the season. WIN AND WE'RE ONLY A GAME OUT, fuck that. Its obvious the seasons over, cant lose your best player on both sides of the ball and hope to go anywhere. I'd really just rather watch the Sanchez develop rather then give a shit about the game results.

And if Leonard doesn't play with his thumb thing, I'd put good money on the pats -50.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Miami at Carolina - Clutch has to clutch it up sometime. Not only that, even with Brown out, Ricky has been playing fantastic. Miami wins in a close one.

Washington at Dallas - I just can't pick against us here, Washington is that freakin' bad. While they may be a team we traditionally fall against, it won't happen this time. Garrett hopefully pulls his head out of his ass so we don't get embarrassed. Even though I don't pick spread here, I will advise you to not take Dallas on the line to cover.

Cleveland at Detroit - Yeah, uh, Cleveland's got nothing, period. Did you watch MNF? Yeesh.

San Francisco at Green Bay - The Pack I think might just hit a slight stride after a much needed win against Dallas. Plus, I still don't trust SF at all. If it wasn't for Cutler being worse than Clutch last week, they don't win. Green Bay to take this one rather easily.

Pittsburgh
    at Kansas City - It's Pitt against a shit team, need I say more?

Atlanta at NY Giants - Seems I'm not the only one that thinks this upset will happen. I thought I was going to be the only one to do that...so much for that thought lol. Anyways, Matt Ryan is long due for a snap-back and the Giants secondary has been exposed in previous weeks. Atlanta to steal one.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - Ugly unis or not, Tampa won't pull this out. The Saints may not have looked impressive last week, but that doesn't mean they'll fall flat on their face here.

Buffalo at Jacksonville - You fire your coach and you suck as it is -- yeah Buffalo doesn't have much of a chance here. Dare I say, GIMME?!

Indianapolis at Baltimore - Peyton is playing in some other kind of universe that seems to such even opposing coaches into making awful playcalling decisions in order for him to create an epic comeback. The Ravens also struggled to points up against the freakin' Browns -- if it weren't for TD passes from Quinn, the score would've been God-awful. Indy BIG.

Seattle at Minnesota - Seattle sucks, Minnesota doesn't. Next.

Arizona
    at St. Louis - See above.

NY Jets at New England - This will not be pretty. God help the Sanchez here because Brady and Co. will want to drop 60 on them just to make up for last week.

Cincinnati at Oakland - Again, shit team against a good team.

San Diego at Denver - Orton is out, so are the Broncos.

Philadelphia at Chicago - Here's the theory I'm using on this one. I remember last time Warner did a Clutch impersonation and then came out ON FIRE the next week. I expect Cutler to do something similar and take out the Birds.

MON, NOV 23

Tennessee at Houston - I can't believe I'm doing this, but ever since VY came back, it is like the Titans have just flat out woken up. Chris Jonshon is playing out of his mind as well with Young under center. I expect the trend to continue against a Houston team that is still missing a huge weapon in Daniels.

BG Pick 'Em Stats

Last Week: 8-7 (ugh)
    Season: 99-45

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Will Lovie make it to 2010? Chicago for the upset.
    I thought I remember reading somewhere that he has something like an $11M guaranteed remaining on his contract and the Bears are way too cheap to ever swallow that.

And I can't help thinking a lot of people are overlooking the Suggs injury when picking the Ravens. He's pretty damn irreplacable, so I don't seem them bouncing back that well.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Dallas fans can't recognize that the Bengals are playing this weekend.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I blame Roy for not having the Bengals game in his post, going to go ninja mine.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I'm really shocked that almost a 1/4 of the bets are going for the Jets. Indi's chart is overwhelming lol.

Spoilered is betting trends. Not a lot to read, just takes up a lot of space, so spoilering.

Spoiler: show
    Red slice is the top team
    Blue slice is the bottom team

305 - Miami Dolphins

306 - Carolina Panthers

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...305-spct-u.gif

407 - Cleveland Browns

408 - Detroit Lions

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...407-spct-u.gif

409 - Buffalo Bills

410 - Jacksonville Jaguars

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...409-spct-u.gif

411 - Pittsburgh Steelers

412 - Kansas City Chiefs

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...411-spct-u.gif

413 - Indianapolis Colts

414 - Baltimore Ravens

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...413-spct-u.gif

415 - Atlanta Falcons

416 - New York Giants

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...415-spct-u.gif

417 - San Francisco 49ers

418 - Green Bay Packers

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...417-spct-u.gif

419 - Seattle Seahawks

420 - Minnesota Vikings

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...419-spct-u.gif

421 - Washington Redskins

422 - Dallas Cowboys

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...421-spct-u.gif

423 - New Orleans Saints

424 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...423-spct-u.gif

425 - Arizona Cardinals

426 - St. Louis Rams

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...425-spct-u.gif

427 - New York Jets

428 - New England Patriots

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...427-spct-u.gif

429 - Cincinnati Bengals

430 - Oakland Raiders

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...429-spct-u.gif

433 - Philadelphia Eagles

434 - Chicago Bears

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...433-spct-u.gif

435 - Tennessee Titans

436 - Houston Texans

http://www.sportsinsights.com/BuildG...435-spct-u.gif

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Miami at Carolina

Washington at Dallas

Cleveland at Detroit

San Francisco at Green Bay

Pittsburgh
    at Kansas City

Atlanta at NY Giants

New Orleans at Tampa Bay

Buffalo at Jacksonville

Indianapolis at Baltimore

Seattle at Minnesota

Arizona
    at St. Louis

NY Jets at New England

San Diego at Denver

Philadelphia at Chicago

MON, NOV 23

Tennessee at Houston

101-43

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Dallas fans can't recognize that the Bengals are playing this weekend.
    They aren't playing, its a scrimmage in Oakland ...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by 510Meeze View Post
    They aren't playing, its a scrimmage in Oakland ...
    isn't that what NO and Green Bay (and probably Denver) felt like last cpl weeks? Just scrimmages? Almost and did get their asses handed to em...

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Tennessee has it Monday night

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast