BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    NO. BAD NEOSUTRA. THIS IS BG, NO LOGIC ALLOWED.
    In all fairness this topic won't even be viewed by people who aren't already on their game about PLD.

The primary usage of this info, in my opinion anyway, will be to PLD/RDM and PLD/WAR. I have 3 idle sets for PLD/RDM based on what I'm doing and one of them is full shield / PDT with only 8-9% haste in idle.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So whats better Terror or Koenig for a taru pld? Lol.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So a tatami is better than a kaiser just looking at damage reduction?
    We don't use tower shields because of additional stats on the available kite shields or is it because the shield block rates are lower on the tower shields? Both?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    We don't use tower shields because of additional stats on the available kite shields or is it because the shield block rates are lower on the tower shields? Both?
    Both. Has more to do with the lower block rate though.

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    So whats better Terror or Koenig for a taru pld? Lol.
    Terror will be the better shield for most of what you do. It's only 1% damage reduction behind (on blocks only) and the +20 HP will help enmity loss (from all damage taken). The 5 vit doesn't compare, and all it has left is intimidation, take that for what you will.

In campaign solo, there's no contest, outside of campaign soloing, a koenig will perform better by 1%, but a palmerin will perform more than 1% better than a koenig due to the -2%PDT active on all hits, similar to terror.

Quote Originally Posted by JigglyJam View Post
    Kite shields have the best stats available for tanking, and it's an acceptable middle ground on block rates and damage reduction. While a tatami is technically better than a kaiser -while- blocking, it blocks less, and gives less beneficial stats.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

lol, Reizvoll is giving PLD advice.

I have no idea what you're so butthurt about me over, but if I was mistaken on anything in that post feel free to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reizvoll View Post
    I have no idea what you're so butthurt about
    ..I do ^-^

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    ..I do ^-^
    My my. I do believe I'm getting the vapors <3

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

tl;dr version:

use koenig(kaiser if you can find it/afford it) unless you have aegis.

wivre and terror shields are sidegrades at best.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Actually, for all situations where you're not /nin Wivre is going to be terrible comparatively. Which is pretty much the whole point of the tests.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Well if it pans out I wouldn't mind going for the enmity ranged item. As it stands now I value a possible shield block rate+ for a non-changing slot over +1/2 enmity.
    2 agi over 2 enm? o.O

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

+2 enmity is terribly negligible if you're an experienced PLD. Once you reach the hate cap (which can be done extremely quickly if need be) it's near impossible to go below it unless you're only flashing once every 30 seconds or so and nothing else - or taking a fuck ton of damage and not curing any of it back.

Cure 3 cheat makes life so easy for PLD very little extra enmity gear is needed.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Well with the bugged hate system at the moment, I'd take all the enmity I can get. Wonder when they're gonna fix this shit. <.<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Well with the bugged hate system at the moment, I'd take all the enmity I can get. Wonder when they're gonna fix this shit. <.<
    I haven't noticed since I've only been doing PLD/RDM lately and WAR to all events. What's up with the enmity system?

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

+2 enmity is terribly negligible if you're an experienced PLD. Once you reach the hate cap (which can be done extremely quickly if need be) it's near impossible to go below it unless you're only flashing once every 30 seconds or so and nothing else - or taking a fuck ton of damage and not curing any of it back.

Cure 3 cheat makes life so easy for PLD very little extra enmity gear is needed.
    Just curious what does ur c3 macro look like gear wise?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I haven't noticed since I've only been doing PLD/RDM lately and WAR to all events. What's up with the enmity system?
    VE is somehow broken. You notice it on Khim/Tiamat more then the rest. It's funny watching Tiamat use roar, only for the tank to have hate back with one Cure IV.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Just curious what does ur c3 macro look like gear wise?
    xxx/xxx/cerb bow/xxx
    Bmask/ritter/Loq/hospi
    valor/homam/bqr/herc
    gigant/trance/homam/IR

Nothing special, gets the job done.

That's what I had for Sath, I don't have even 25% of that gear back yet

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Can anyone provides interesting and coherent information about shields and block rates such as:

Shield type - Base Dmg Reduction - Block rate @ 276 skill - Block rate @ 300 skill

Find this for lv 75, 80, 85, 90 mobs if you have the courage to

If you can't tell the initial block rate and its growth, you can't figure out what is better. Assuming is for noobs, so any serious info is welcome.

So Brutala's post was done with WAR/DNC. I am wondering how the Job Trait: Shield Mastery could effect shield block rate and amount blocked per activation. It might have no effect on either amount. Or it might have an effect on one but not the other. Or it might have an effect on both.

We know that Shield mastery does many things to a PLD. It gives additional TP upon activation of a shield block. It allows for 102% spell interuption rate down upon activation. But, I think it would be a good idea to investigate how this block rate would change if a PLD was doing the test instead of a warrior. If Shield mastery adds to a base % activation rate determined by shield size... It would be good to know before moving forward with any additional testing.

I also found the diferances in parry/evasion to be pretty interesting. (im going to lump together the parses with equal AGI ratings to give a larger sample size.) The parry/evasion ratings listed in the samples i plucked from his data only varied by about 5 skill rating. Its not exact, but given the 40 AGI agility diferance... im willing to say that the effect of a 40 AGI differance far outweighs the effect of 5 skill diferance. Will that hold for an exact number, no. But still running with it.

Parry Differances:
    55 AGI testing 18/457 + 18/342 = 36/799 = .0451 = 4.51% parry rate
    61 AGI testing 31/522 = .0594 = 5.94% parry rate
    95 AGI testing 30/424 + 25/423 = 55/847 = .0649 = 6.49% parry rate

Evasion Differances:
    55 AGI testing 21/475 + 19/342 = 40/799 = .0501 = 5.01% evasion rate
    61 AGI testing 42/522 = .0805 = 8.05% evasion rate
    95 AGI testing 85/424 + 53/423 = 138/847 = .1629 = 16.29% evasion rate

Just shows how Parry has a cap proc rate and Evasion seems like it either takes much more to reach the cap. If you graph them in excel really quick youll see it. So, Drones on a mid level tank whos stuck in a situation where he feels more comfortable with def/vit gear would see increases in Parry/Evasion due to the added AGI.

It is a suprize to me that the AGI seems to have no effect on Shield Block. It has an effect on Parry/Evasion but no effect on Shield. (with the data shown so far) At least there is enough data there to convince me of that fact. It certainly doesnt lock it down as no effect but is close enough form me. So the question becomes, why isnt shield block rate affected by AGI like Parry/Evasion are.

I bet that shield was effected by AGI in a previous Shield system. But, with all of the differant systems put in place, in an attempt to make shield functional, that they eventualy dropped the idea of using AGI as a modifier. Can i prove that, no... but it makes sence to me.