+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TMNT Turtles Forever     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

TMNT Turtles Forever

Did anyone catch this over the weekend?

Just found a torrent of it and it was pretty nostalgically awesome. It's a made-for-TV cartoon movie that meshes the 80s turtles and the modern ones together as well as the original comic group. The styles are well respected for each type- and they also threw in Tokka and Rahzar from the movies.

Only thing I was a little sad about was the voices weren't exactly the same, but they did try to make it sound authentic.
    I also didn't fully understand the plot of the 2003 series so some stuff was weird, but a quick wiki look up catches you up. The 80's turtles seemed pulled from the first season or so, before the baddies end up in Dimension X with all the rock soldiers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YixMJJzOCoA

Promo poster

I had to get an account at Galactic Central to find a torrent, but it's well seeded there now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I remember the original comics. I still have quite a few. They were very violent. I do not recall them cussing but it was quite grafic in how the bad guys get chopped up. I remember one where Raph killed a guy with glasses, snuck up behind him and right through the back of his head and out the eye broke the glasses!

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Holy shit I'll have to check this out. Loved the 80s turtles, seeing the turtle blimp on the poster brings back memories..(I actually had one lolz)..

The modern turtles look like shit though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is it me or did April's boobs get bigger? Or did I simply not notice at the time since i was probably 7 at the time?

I'd say same size, just animated better.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's pretty good now that i've finished watching it. Although I get the feeling that they made the 90's turtles characters "less cool" or more incompetent on purpose so the kids would think that the current turtles are the best.
    I'll rewatch the original series later to be sure but 90's Shredder has punched through solid steel with little effort before not to mention that time he jumped down an elevator shaft and climbed back to drag rocksteady/bebop(by bringing his hand out a hole from nowhere like it was a horror movie) when they didnt wanna follow in less than 3 seconds..
    EDIT: yup they nerfed the 90's turtles pretty big as far as the first season of episodes goes in order to make them extra goofy.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The staff really knew their source materials like giant Kran to the japanese TMNT and the original comic turtles appearance which I didn't expect.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Original turtles was fantastic as a kid saw it so many times

The only problem I had with it was that Shredder wasn't as great as a fighter as I hoped

The newer one had a much better Shredder and loved the surprise about him later on XD

I'll be sure to check this out soon looks pretty neat

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'm also a bit deceived that the 90's turtle been changed to be more gay to please the new kids