Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For once, Pchan makes a very good argument.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    The price of sushi would sky rocket without fishbots. I guarantee you it would.
    You are probably botting a lot of things if you dare to advocate about how bots brings something beneficial to the whole community.

Quote Originally Posted by Oulanbator View Post
    You are probably botting a lot of things if you dare to advocate about how bots brings something beneficial to the whole community.
    I swear, you've got a larger something or other lodged in your ass than half of the BG community(and a fair portion of us are fags, so that's saying something). Go take your crying about cheating someplace that gives a damn.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lol...Are you aware the price of sushi doesn't depends on fish but on Ground Wasabi sold by Tenshodo merchants between 1.9k and 2.6k gils ?
    In order to make 1 stack of sole sushi, you have to give 12k to a Npc. It's 50% of the sale price on AH. The money spend on sole is 6k, so don't blame the fish when we're racketed by NPCs.

Even if sushi prices rose from the end of farm/fish bots, keep in mind the money you would get out of your own farming would rise as well. The end of botting wouldn't make you a tramp, unless you're a gilbuyer.
    His point is, the reason 50% of the cost goes to NPCs is because the fish are readily available in large quantities... due to the bots.

Remove/reduce the fish the supply... up goes fish price... up goes sushi cost...

For everyone other than fishers (and maybe cooks), this is a bad thing.

And yes we could all go out and fish so we can sell to the cooks, but not every one can invest that much time for a stack of consumable items that wont last an hour of meriting (obviously not using sole for merits, but you see my point).

Quote Originally Posted by Argettio View Post
    \(obviously not using sole for merits, but you see my point).
    This is the same whiny little bitch that wanted to throw a parade when the mass LM17 came around. He's not going to see your point.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Salvage Bans were more than justified. Just sayin' a parade shouldn't be out of the question.

Agreeing that a punishment was justified is one thing, spewing vindictive bullshit out of envy is quite another.

And while not particularly applicable to Oulan(he's disagreeing out of stupidity, not malice), I think its time bans were handed out for people giving Pchan shit when he's not even wrong. Last time I checked, trolling wasn't contributory.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

His point is, the reason 50% of the cost goes to NPCs is because the fish are readily available in large quantities... due to the bots.
    Remove/reduce the fish the supply... up goes fish price... up goes sushi cost...
    For everyone other than fishers (and maybe cooks), this is a bad thing.
    I understand his point, you don't understand mine.
    If you don't fishbot/farmbot a lot of things, all the prices are going to rise, not only your sushi. I don't know how you make your money, but you will get more money out of it (unless your money mainly comes from Npcs).
    Only gilbuyers can really complain about this, because it won't change anything for other players.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Oulanbator is retarded, yes. That we know (see: epic thread about how aurum/enkidu/oracle's gear, or wait I think I ate that thread), but if we got upset about everyone on BG who spewed vindictive bullshit, well, then there goes the forums! You, me, everybody goodbye!

Unrelated note, I'm holding a parade on Jan 22nd in Philadelphia, anyone wanna come?
    I think its time bans were handed out for people giving Pchan shit when he's not even wrong. Last time I checked, trolling wasn't contributory.
    Woah woah woah, backseat modding here, enjoy your ban!

It was a strong suggestion, not an attempt at moderating.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    This is the same whiny little bitch that wanted to throw a parade when the mass LM17 came around. He's not going to see your point.
    Personally I am anti botting, never done it, not really interested in doing it and don't care for 90% of the stuff people do bot (einherjar covers most of the rare/ex HNM stuff I am ever likely to want).

As for the salvage bans (without trying to open a can of worms), bans were justified. But I think SE did a bad job of decided who should go and who should stay. Some perma'ed for doing it once, some temp'ed for duping complete sets worth of drops.

But as a consumer of a product, I am interested in the cost to me, and really don't care about where it comes from (unless where it comes from directly affects me). This stands for the real world too.

Personally I am anti botting
    This is why we can't have nice things

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Lol wat, without fishbots the game doesn't work. Nobody can afford sushi at a cheap price. I do disapprove all kind of bots but you got to admit that all types of botting (which aim is to farm items of course) contibute (mostly positively) to the economy. If tomorrow SE manages to stop all fish botting, your sushis will be 50k a stack, your reraise hairpin 200k etc.
    I dunno, maybe it was just Quetz server but when ffxiapp went down the prices for sushi did go up slightly and the amount of fish on the market when down horribly. What was it around a week or two that people finally got the wizbot? Prices went back down from that.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

wat, I don't like bots, I don't bot, but I can understand why people use them and why they keep prices in check the way they do. Suddenly, because I don't bot (and thus your competition is that much easier), it goes across the board and hurts everyone? I mean shit man, you might as well start botting everything. Have a merit bot, bard runs around claims first yellow colibri it sees, melees attack whatever the last colibri that was hit with a song, attack, when TP hits 100, WS, rinse repeat? I know curing bots exist so no need to extrapolate on that. Then you just work up the chain and go for tank bots, leading to HNM bots, etc etc

Of course, not being a frequent purveyor of this sort of thing, you're going to tell me all these exist and I'm a dumb-face. But just because someone doesn't participate in Game Genie, doesn't make them any worse a player than another. I've never believed this "they definitely can't detect it" etc etc stuff, you can tell me 'till your blue in the face, but I would still be skeptical, and as such, I don't bother to bot. I'm not keen on restarting my character, and that much has instilled me with the resolve not to bot. If people want to bot, go the fuck ahead, just don't expect me to just because you do. I was in a linkshell full of open botters for a good year or two, and it was good times. I still think everybody bots, but as far as I know, the LS I'm in now, doesn't bot, and it's still good times. Less focus on Fafnir and shit, but I don't give a fuck about that.

Where am I going with this. Oh yeah, just because someone doesn't like or agree with bots, does not somehow manage to bring everyone else down. I don't care if you bot, I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna sit here and masturbate to the fact that I don't either though. That being said I think Argettio is a tart.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lol, don't hate me because I am different.

If you don't fishbot/farmbot a lot of things, all the prices are going to rise, not only your sushi. I don't know how you make your money, but you will get more money out of it (unless your money mainly comes from Npcs).
    Only gilbuyers can really complain about this, because it won't change anything for other players.
    Ending botting does not make every one richer. Just makes things cost more.

And unless you are actively involved in the things that used to be botted then you are not making any more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Where am I going with this. Oh yeah, just because someone doesn't like or agree with bots, does not somehow manage to bring everyone else down. I don't care if you bot, I'm not gonna do it. I'm not gonna sit here and masturbate to the fact that I don't either though. That being said I think Argettio is a tart.

That's pretty much my view tbh (apart from the bit about me being a tart)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Lol wat, without fishbots the game doesn't work. Nobody can afford sushi at a cheap price. I do disapprove all kind of bots but you got to admit that all types of botting (which aim is to farm items of course) contibute (mostly positively) to the economy. If tomorrow SE manages to stop all fish botting, your sushis will be 50k a stack, your reraise hairpin 200k etc.

For hnm botting, lol. Botting seveneyes is for retards. Botting ixion cape if for retard. You want ixion cape ? Go to the AH just like when you need your Hagun. You can't afford it ? Why do you do endgame if you don't have money ? What's easier : paying 2M for the cape or spending 80% of your play time camping this shit ? Even if there was no bots the competition remains. Some people enjoy wasting their time hunting them, some people enjoy wasting their time skilling fish to 100, let them do the boring shit and do the interesting shit.
    Yes, I agree. Why do endgame if you don't have money. You sir are a genius. Also you're pretty much saying that FFXI endgame is completely boring, please take the first exit and don't log in again. Maybe you'll find WoW more entertaining, they take more kindly to retards.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I bot HNM, I fish bot, and I botted your mother last night.

Fish botting is a double edged sword. It kills the profit of legit fishers, but keeps lower prices for anyone else who doesn't care to fish. Since non-fishers outnumber the people who do fish, I'd say fish botting benefits the community as a whole, yes.

Demosthenes11

you think botting is decreasing the price of things in the game other than fish? Fishing is not restricted by anything other than the amount of time it takes to cast a pole. Farming mobs is limited by spawn times and drop rates. Botting mobs does not increase supply of anything at all. Fish botting vastly increases the supply of fish. It doesn't matter if fish is 50% or 80% of the ingredients of sushi - the price will go up with an absence of fishbots. Why would other things cost more?

having a deep seeded hatred of botting doesn't mean you make logical arguments

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think the salvage bans were not justified at all (old topic).

I think HNM botting is ok (due to necessity, and as a result of complex argument which I won't post).

I think other forms of botting are less acceptable and more "wrong" than HNM claim botting. Fish-botting included.

Who cares about sushi prices anyway. So pay more. You'll be that much more pimp spamming sole than the poorer man who is doing squid or nothing. And c'mon.. it's almost 2010..pizza was introduced like a year ago. And there's meat too.