Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The only real problem with botters, is the gimp people that think they are so pro because of this.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shamaya View Post
    pizza was introduced like a year ago.
    Marinara Pizza requires Marinara sauce. Marinara sauce requires Anchovies. Anchovies require either Icefish or Sandfish.

(The difference is Dil & Sole Sushi cap at 96, and Ice/Sandfish at 50&49 iirc)

Therefore, pizza requires fishing. Fishing requires fishbotting. So, pizza relies on fishbotting.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I think (insert personal situation exception here) but everyone that (insert any other non-personally-beneficial situation here) should be banned.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    you think botting is decreasing the price of things in the game other than fish? Fishing is not restricted by anything other than the amount of time it takes to cast a pole. Farming mobs is limited by spawn times and drop rates. Botting mobs does not increase supply of anything at all. Fish botting vastly increases the supply of fish. It doesn't matter if fish is 50% or 80% of the ingredients of sushi - the price will go up with an absence of fishbots. Why would other things cost more?
    Well, fishing is limited by the randomness of the shit biting to your hook. Hi2U Pamtam kelp, Jellyfish, 1g and other rusty subligars. And not to mention the good old "you didn't catch anything" or the fact you cannot always reel the fish in. This isn't really different from drop rates.
    The respawn/spawn location is just BS. I know places where I can manually farm non-stop with excellent drop rates. It's exactly like fishing, going to the right place helps a lot.

But you forget the main factor: time limitations.
    Using a bot to fish (or farm), you can make money in-game while sleeping, being at work or doing something else. People fishbot because it was one of the first shit introduced into FFXI, but people can farmbot silk thread or w/e drops from a mob as well, and it would be silly to believe they don't.

Farming crawlers with a bot will increase the supply of silk thread, because someone will be farming instead of being not connected, exactly like when someone is fishing instead of being not connected.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Oulanbator View Post
    Well, fishing is limited by the randomness of the shit biting to your hook. Hi2U Pamtam kelp, Jellyfish, 1g and other rusty subligars. And not to mention the good old "you didn't catch anything" or the fact you cannot always reel the fish in. This isn't really different from drop rates.
    The respawn/spawn location is just BS. I know places where I can manually farm non-stop with excellent drop rates. It's exactly like fishing, going to the right place helps a lot.

But you forget the main factor: time limitations.
    Using a bot to fish (or farm), you can make money in-game while sleeping, being at work or doing something else. People fishbot because it was one of the first shit introduced into FFXI, but people can farmbot silk thread or w/e drops from a mob as well, and it would be silly to believe they don't.

Farming crawlers with a bot will increase the supply of silk thread, because someone will be farming instead of being not connected, exactly like when someone is fishing instead of being not connected.
    lol ok bro, not worth my time

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So what ? You first argue that I'm illogic, and when I show you what I said is logic you give up out of arguments ?
    Welcome to my blacklist.

Demosthenes11

if logical leaps over gorges and comparisons that hold no water is what logic is, I think some text books need to be rewritten

afk banging hot chicks

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So what ? You first argue that I'm illogic, and when I show you what I said is logic you give up out of arguments ?
    Welcome to my blacklist.
    Congrats again on your PW kill

now leave

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    Yes, I agree. Why do endgame if you don't have money. You sir are a genius. Also you're pretty much saying that FFXI endgame is completely boring, please take the first exit and don't log in again. Maybe you'll find WoW more entertaining, they take more kindly to retards.
    Depends what you call endgame. Fafnir is not endgame - limbus, salvage and einherjar all provide the best existing gear (znm brings a few interesting stuff too, but the system is retarded).

I don't put ixion or sandworm in the endgame category, I put it in the "farming category", together with your hagun and torreador's ring ENM ; the difference, obviously, is that farming and botting ixion or cerberus so that you can sell drops to the AH or in bazars is a piss poor way of making money, since you'll have to split money with your ally... Remember demon farming ? This used to be 100k/h straight to NPC ; can't beat that, and there are still plenty of ways to do that gil right now.

I understand his point, you don't understand mine.
    If you don't fishbot/farmbot a lot of things, all the prices are going to rise, not only your sushi. I don't know how you make your money, but you will get more money out of it (unless your money mainly comes from Npcs).
    Only gilbuyers can really complain about this, because it won't change anything for other players.
    No. If tomorrow SE finds a way to prevent fishbotting, the price of sushi will skyrocket and the price of silk threads or hagun will stay the same, they are independant. It will affect the global economy as sushi is the food of choice for all normal exp parties. People will then use cheaper food forcing SE to patch their game to make sushi more available, that's how it works.

Remember how cheap reraise gorgets/hairpins used to be ? SE fixed coral fragment botting, and now people (and me first) buy reraise earrings instead. Noone is farming coral fragment, it's too much of a pain in the ass. As a result everyone is eating reraise 1 when they die.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    No. If tomorrow SE finds a way to prevent fishbotting, the price of sushi will skyrocket and the price of silk threads or hagun will stay the same, they are independant. It will affect the global economy as sushi is the food of choice for all normal exp parties. People will then use cheaper food forcing SE to patch their game to make sushi more available, that's how it works.
    Well if SE finds a way to prevent fishbotting and farmbotting (not SW/DI but crawlers and shit) the prices of both fish and silk would rise. I picked silk in my example because everyone in this game have farmed or at least heard about silk farming, but there are many other stuff to farm used in your daily-use items.

And even if the sushi reached a point where it became too expensive, SE would still have the option to lower the Npc prices on materials. I wouldn't call this a patch, it's more like moving a coma in a number.

The hagun prices won't rise... but is it really a bad thing ?
    Hagun is really expensive for some players. If the players were getting more money out of their farm, they would have an easier time getting their weapon. Sure, it would encourage players to do basic farm instead of end-game activities, but isn't it what you are advocating for in your previous paragraph ?

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Remember how cheap reraise gorgets/hairpins used to be ? SE fixed coral fragment botting, and now people (and me first) buy reraise earrings instead. Noone is farming coral fragment, it's too much of a pain in the ass. As a result everyone is eating reraise 1 when they die.
    You can't compare reraise 1 to using sushi. Reraise doesn't improve your gaming performance. Sushi does.
    Maybe SE just wanted higher tier RR items to be rare. Or maybe SE is trying to promote the other ways of obtaining coral fragments ?
    What's wrong with reraise II gorgets being rare ? It takes 3 minutes to get the xp back in a merit party.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I wish I had a BG bot to blacklist all the retards posting in such topics, it would make BG a batter place.

On a side note, who gives a shit about HNM bots ? Don't do HNMs and you're set. Fishing bots on the other hand are extremely prejudicial and I wish all fishbotters were banned (just like the salvage bans... I loved these so much).
    Willing to bet it be easy to make a macro to do this. filtering names and adding to your blacklist should be easy.

Then again is it not much more fun to do it yourself? be like "fuck you buddy *middle finger*"

I say that about bots too just to make it on topic.

Well if SE finds a way to prevent fishbotting and farmbotting (not SW/DI but crawlers and shit) the prices of both fish and silk would rise. I picked silk in my example because everyone in this game have farmed or at least heard about silk farming, but there are many other stuff to farm used in your daily-use items.

And even if the sushi reached a point where it became too expensive, SE would still have the option to lower the Npc prices on materials. I wouldn't call this a patch, it's more like moving a coma in a number.

The hagun prices won't rise... but is it really a bad thing ?
    Hagun is really expensive for some players. If the players were getting more money out of their farm, they would have an easier time getting their weapon. Sure, it would encourage players to do basic farm instead of end-game activities, but isn't it what you are advocating for in your previous paragraph ?

You can't compare reraise 1 to using sushi. Reraise doesn't improve your gaming performance. Sushi does.
    Maybe SE just wanted higher tier RR items to be rare. Or maybe SE is trying to promote the other ways of obtaining coral fragments ?
    What's wrong with reraise II gorgets being rare ? It takes 3 minutes to get the xp back in a merit party.
    Have to call total and utter BS on the hagun topic, more gil/hr for everyone does not make things cheap. The fact I make 200k-300k/hr over the normal guy is what makes the game stable. If everyone made 200k/hr and me with my maxed fishing and E rod made the same the it be unfair. Next we move onto the higher gil/hr everyone can make means the more basic items will be. The hagun would move up in price. Basic economics, unless everything comes from a NPC you will always have people making more gil and doing better then others.

Fixing fish boting can not be that hard, all they need to do is send some data to the server before hand. the fact that the hole game is done on our PC is what makes it easy. Hell anything done on our end is easy to screw with.

Im throw this out there, the .dats mods where you could not claim daters is that cheating!? is it on the same level as a bot? I know just adding gasoline.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Killo View Post
    I'm sure many people have experienced bots (Fishing, Farm, Claim) I'm just really curious to see people's different points of views on them.
    For them? Against? Why?

My opinion on bots vary. I myself don't mind just fishing bots for regular fish, its always risky so do at your own cost!

Farm I think is just annoying....

Now claim bots... being in an HNM LS myself, GO DIE LINKSHELLS THAT USE BOTS TO CLAIM EVERYTHING...
    I don't keep up with much info on bots, and to my understanding NASA is gone? But still I see amazing claims, like HNM like Fafnir popping claim and seeing 13 bots D/C after claim... just annoys me so much...

So view points go!
    I guarantee you some people in your HNMLS bot. I hate this attitude. Your linkshell's no saint. Only because people in your LS say they don't bot, that doesn't mean they don't necessarily bot.

All HNMLS bot in some way or another. Live with it. These topics are getting olde.

EDIT: Pchan's right.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    I guarantee you some people in your HNMLS bot. I hate this attitude. Your linkshell's no saint. Only because people in your LS say they don't bot, that doesn't mean they necessarily bot.

All HNMLS bot in some way or another. Live with it. These topics are getting olde.
    Thisx100

I ran a LS, people I never knew asked me if I would mind if they got a bot. People that I would never think would. You would be shocked who will bot.

Your virgin girlfriend? She bots.

edit: Whenever I see someone so far to one side (hates bots so much) I tend to think they bot. Only reason I say this the people who told me they had planned to bot, seemed to talk about how they hatted bots even more after they spoke with me.

It has an impact, as in, I lose more xp when I die, for the same cost as rr gorget used to be.

But I think sushi doubling in price, or more, will have a much larger impact on the game than reraise items. Sure there will be more players willing to go fish soles, but will that be enough to satisfy the demand ? I doubt it. If that happens, it will probably be the end of sushi. Everyone will eat kabobs from lvl 1 till 75. You can't really imagine the impact it would have preciely, as the game has relied on fish botting since day 2. Back when I started the game, anyone with minimal intelligence could do a simple fish bot with tools like this .

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

But still I see amazing claims, like HNM like Fafnir popping claim
    You're a retard.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Its a big deal when Izzy calls you a retard.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Who the fuck still uses sushi seriously, if you really think it (double sushi prices) will break the game you're out of your mind.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryuu View Post
    Who the fuck still uses sushi seriously, if you really think it (double sushi prices) will break the game you're out of your fucking mind.
    Better.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Thats a good point though. Who uses sushi? Pizza or gtfo.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    Thats a good point though. Who uses sushi? Pizza or gtfo.
    Polearms
    Sams
    Birds
    Crab sushi

inb4:
    1. Full usukane SAM doesn't need sushi @ birds
    2. No one should gear for birds
    3. Meriting doesn't matter
    4. Only gimps need merits, I capped mine in 1846...

seriously that's about the only situation I can really think of there sushi is the right food.