BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Bots, bots, and more bots!

I'm sure many people have experienced bots (Fishing, Farm, Claim) I'm just really curious to see people's different points of views on them.
    For them? Against? Why?

My opinion on bots vary. I myself don't mind just fishing bots for regular fish, its always risky so do at your own cost!

Farm I think is just annoying....

Now claim bots... being in an HNM LS myself, GO DIE LINKSHELLS THAT USE BOTS TO CLAIM EVERYTHING...
    I don't keep up with much info on bots, and to my understanding NASA is gone? But still I see amazing claims, like HNM like Fafnir popping claim and seeing 13 bots D/C after claim... just annoys me so much...

So view points go!

This spot for rent.

EDIT: Obligatory "I got this first post in because of my response-bot"

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://archive.perfectduluthday.com/...dead-horse.gif

Damn your bot, Tsuko!

EDIT: Just in the chance this does make some on-topic discussion;

All bots are wrong. Claim bots are a necessity to a stable HNMLS unless -nobody- else bots which isn't likely to happen these days. No, it doesn't make it right if you use them, but in this case it is often a lesser evil. Blame SE for making HNMs so utterly awful; though it doesn't fully absolve the wrongs of the botters, there is some justification there.

Claim botting outside of HNM is a bit less morally "justifiable" than in HNM since you're not "making the ground even" there in a lot of cases, but again: how can you tell? In the end on a competitive NM, you don't want to bring a knife to a gun fight if you have a gun. Sad, I agree.

Fish/farm bots I don't really have much contact with so I don't have much of an opinion on. I think they're annoying since I had to work for my gil and you're definitely in the wrong if you use them, but muh.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    This spot for rent.

EDIT: Obligatory "I got this first post in because of my response-bot"
    LMFAO that made my day.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Blame the game's shitty NM system for the prevalence of botting in endgame especially. Seriously, stop whining - if you can't compete with another shell's claiming capabilities then stop camping against them and go improve your Einherjar proficiency.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

People bot in FFXI? I find that hard to believe. I'd like you to show me some hard evidence please.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Obviously bots are not meant to be used in the game and if everyone wanted to play fair no one would ever had made a bot for FFXI. Sadly, but acceptedly (it's a word now), at this point, dead horse, dead game, no one cares, gtfo.

Can't wait to see how quickly bots are created for 14 though, I give them 2 months.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Can't wait to see how quickly bots are created for 14 though, I give them 2 months.
    1 month. =/

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

lol

Also, bots will be out for 14 before it even launches. Late beta at the latest.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Quote Originally Posted by Killo View Post
    1 month. =/
    one day

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I wish I had a BG bot to blacklist all the retards posting in such topics, it would make BG a batter place.

On a side note, who gives a shit about HNM bots ? Don't do HNMs and you're set. Fishing bots on the other hand are extremely prejudicial and I wish all fishbotters were banned (just like the salvage bans... I loved these so much).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

As someone who has never used an outside tool to in any way modify FFXI, I can easily and freely say that botting, just like every other non sanctioned SE tool, is not only retarded, but should be banned.

And SE is also retarded for making such a horrible game that requires such modifications for people to enjoy.

Notice how both sides are wrong? I'm enjoying my perch.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My bots better than yours~
    Spoiler: show
    Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Oulanbator View Post
    Fishing bots on the other hand are extremely prejudicial and I wish all fishbotters were banned (just like the salvage bans... I loved these so much).
    Lol wat, without fishbots the game doesn't work. Nobody can afford sushi at a cheap price. I do disapprove all kind of bots but you got to admit that all types of botting (which aim is to farm items of course) contibute (mostly positively) to the economy. If tomorrow SE manages to stop all fish botting, your sushis will be 50k a stack, your reraise hairpin 200k etc.

For hnm botting, lol. Botting seveneyes is for retards. Botting ixion cape if for retard. You want ixion cape ? Go to the AH just like when you need your Hagun. You can't afford it ? Why do you do endgame if you don't have money ? What's easier : paying 2M for the cape or spending 80% of your play time camping this shit ? Even if there was no bots the competition remains. Some people enjoy wasting their time hunting them, some people enjoy wasting their time skilling fish to 100, let them do the boring shit and do the interesting shit.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnux View Post
    As someone who has never used an outside tool to in any way modify FFXI, I can easily and freely say that botting, just like every other non sanctioned SE tool, is not only retarded, but should be banned.

And SE is also retarded for making such a horrible game that requires such modifications for people to enjoy.

Notice how both sides are wrong? I'm enjoying my perch.
    -->

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Suramar

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Lol wat, without fishbots the game doesn't work. Nobody can afford sushi at a cheap price. I do disapprove all kind of bots but you got to admit that all types of botting (which aim is to farm items of course) contibute (mostly positively) to the economy. If tomorrow SE manages to stop all fish botting, your sushis will be 50k a stack, your reraise hairpin 200k etc.
    http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2...ic7copyrl2.jpg

Go the fuck away, he's absolutely right.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Lol wat, without fishbots the game doesn't work. Nobody can afford sushi at a cheap price. I do disapprove all kind of bots but you got to admit that all types of botting (which aim is to farm items of course) contribute (mostly positively) to the economy. If tomorrow SE manages to stop all fish botting, your sushis will be 50k a stack, your reraise hairpin 200k etc.
    lol...Are you aware the price of sushi doesn't depends on fish but on Ground Wasabi sold by Tenshodo merchants between 1.9k and 2.6k gils ?
    In order to make 1 stack of sole sushi, you have to give 12k to a Npc. It's 50% of the sale price on AH. The money spend on sole is 6k, so don't blame the fish when we're racketed by NPCs.

Even if sushi prices rose from the end of farm/fish bots, keep in mind the money you would get out of your own farming would rise as well. The end of botting wouldn't make you a tramp, unless you're a gilbuyer.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The price of sushi would sky rocket without fishbots. I guarantee you it would.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

We on BG Forums don't take kindly to botting, nosiree

Closed Thread