Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

windower is allowed to exist because it doesnt fuck with POL, Im sure even SE will admit that Windower is lightyears ahead of their windowed mode but as long as we remain in the lesser of the two evils state we wont have a big crackdown. It was basically the same thing for EQWindows until sony finally realized that it was a superior way to play and allowed it as long as it stayed under the radar

and I promise you, if they do find a way to detect windower, so many people will be banned that it would be a nightmare for them financially and publicity wise

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I just got an idea. Could you integrate an autoattack feature for ranged attacks?
    A simple toggle to prevent accidents.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    windower is allowed to exist because it doesnt fuck with POL, Im sure even SE will admit that Windower is lightyears ahead of their windowed mode but as long as we remain in the lesser of the two evils state we wont have a big crackdown. It was basically the same thing for EQWindows until sony finally realized that it was a superior way to play and allowed it as long as it stayed under the radar

and I promise you, if they do find a way to detect windower, so many people will be banned that it would be a nightmare for them financially and publicity wise
    I'm pretty sure SE knows all the people that use Windower (if you remember that one day they inserted some kinda tracking program on all PC users or w/e). This is just SE looking the other way for Windower-- agreed that it would be financially suicidal for them to ban Windower users at this point.

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Anyone who thinks windower and windower users are too big to fail is fooling themselves. Understand that using windower is against the TOS and one day you could be banned for it. SE will not blink, even if FFXI were to close due to lack of subscriptions, their bottom line is only temporarily harmed.

For the record: I do use windower, and I do support it's development. But, I know one day my character could be banned for it, and understand those consequences.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Skjie View Post
    Anyone who thinks windower and windower users are too big to fail is fooling themselves.
    What?! Name one time something thats too big to fail has ever actually fai-

http://www.logoblog.org/wp-images/lo...k-logo-new.jpg

. . . ffffffffffffffff

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So how long is W4 expected to remain in Beta, and how long can we expect to wait for the said 'required' plugins? I don't mean to pester, I'm just curious.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Skjie View Post
    Anyone who thinks windower and windower users are too big to fail is fooling themselves. Understand that using windower is against the TOS and one day you could be banned for it. SE will not blink, even if FFXI were to close due to lack of subscriptions, their bottom line is only temporarily harmed.

For the record: I do use windower, and I do support it's development. But, I know one day my character could be banned for it, and understand those consequences.
    IF they wanted an end to windower and IF they know who is using it, at most they would probably temp ban everyone with it as a warning then start perm banning people that dont take the hint. As long as the plugins stay on the right side of SE, Windower will survive to the end of FFXI. TBH, discovering windower/spellcast etc stopped me quitting, gave FF a whole new dimension for me (that and the resolution hax ).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Belgaer View Post
    So how long is W4 expected to remain in Beta, and how long can we expect to wait for the said 'required' plugins? I don't mean to pester, I'm just curious.
    When it's done, it's done

In an ideal world, where Azaril never gets sick of be asking him questions, and Starhawk gets his computer fixed and helps with some of the hardcore stuff that's new to me... I'd have the current build out of ALPHA by the new year and into BETA... and get a final release out sometimes in the next 4-5 months.

But in reality... don't hold your breath

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bik Pik
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post

In an ideal world, where Azaril never gets sick of be asking him questions, and Starhawk gets his computer fixed and helps with some of the hardcore stuff that's new to me... I'd have the current build out of ALPHA by the new year and into BETA... and get a final release out sometimes in the next 4-5 months.

I'd say don't burn yourselves out, and just keep the status quo until 14 comes out.

But for me to switch, I'd need Spellcast, Recast, Distance, Autoexec, Cancel, LightLuggage, and Text (in that order)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    I just got an idea. Could you integrate an autoattack feature for ranged attacks?
    A simple toggle to prevent accidents.
    Went over this a couple of pages ago.

I would like to know if Spellcast can detect when a /RA goes off, because then you might be able to do it from that. I have contracting evidence that it can/can not.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeydonkey View Post
    IF they wanted an end to windower and IF they know who is using it, at most they would probably temp ban everyone with it as a warning then start perm banning people that dont take the hint. As long as the plugins stay on the right side of SE, Windower will survive to the end of FFXI. TBH, discovering windower/spellcast etc stopped me quitting, gave FF a whole new dimension for me (that and the resolution hax ).
    Incoming Salvage bans.

Not saying that they are going to ban windower or people that use it, just saying their track record is to ban and not look back.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post

What I appreciate is that you are keeping us updated. That makes a world of difference really, some companies could learn from this model.

And thanks for picking up where they left off.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    What I appreciate is that you are keeping us updated. That makes a world of difference really, some companies could learn from this model.

And thanks for picking up where they left off.
    I'm a bit too active on the internet. As long as I'm working on the project, I'll likely talk about it.

Azaril, Starhawk, Aikar and all the plugin dev's are pretty smart dudes. If it wasn't for their foundation on the windower core, or figuring out how to make these packets I'm not sure I'd be able to learn and port plugins so quickly.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I may be out of the "loop" but is there a way to type in a macro or some sort of command line (sort of like "//sc stoneskin me") that will swap my gear from storage to inventory, and vice versa? and have it so that it would look something like...

Shepardg_PLD_GEAR.xml

- you could then enter mog house, type it "//gear Paladin" or something and have it pull from your storage, locker, satchel all the equipment you would use for pld/whatever?
    - while at the same time swapping gear from "//gear BLM" back into storage/locker/satchel?

If this would be a useful plugin, or maybe something for the next version of spellcast, i don't know the code to ffxi, but it would seam this would be possible right?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I understand its a touchy subject sometimes, due to everyone getting their piece of the the pie. But would the Windower team/Plugin Developers be interested in setting up a donation drive in the near future for us willing to donate?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    I may be out of the "loop" but is there a way to type in a macro or some sort of command line (sort of like "//sc stoneskin me") that will swap my gear from storage to inventory, and vice versa? and have it so that it would look something like...

Shepardg_PLD_GEAR.xml

- you could then enter mog house, type it "//gear Paladin" or something and have it pull from your storage, locker, satchel all the equipment you would use for pld/whatever?
    - while at the same time swapping gear from "//gear BLM" back into storage/locker/satchel?

If this would be a useful plugin, or maybe something for the next version of spellcast, i don't know the code to ffxi, but it would seam this would be possible right?
    I was originally tasked with making this plugin when I joined the team, actually. However, with the progress and direction with everything in regards to v3 versus v4 I've ended up working with the v4 source instead, which involves me porting/fixing/recoding all the existing plugins before I can do anything fun/new.

I'm not opposed to making it some day, though, but it's going to be a ways off.

In other news, should have a new v4 installer out this weekend that adds silence, timestamp and a few other plugins. :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hmm, is there not already a 3rd pt app for doing this? I seem to remember one in the Approved section on windower.net. It started out being just for locker, but was then upgraded to do satchel as well?

Work computer won't let me access windower forums

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I use an app called "Gear Collector" which pulls its info from your regular spellcast XML files - you just add a couple of lines to your existing XML and the program does the rest. I rate it pretty highly - has never let me down, although it is an additional app which I run automatically during Windower's startup routine (along with "Booty" and Kparser).

Its a very logical and simple app in that all it does is automate the key presses involved with swapping the gear and checks each piece against your XML.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by ZhiGaruda View Post
    Work computer won't let me access windower forums
    Same, seriously IE6 ftl