BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Im gonna say 100% needed:
    Spellcast in some form (at least the pre/mid/aftercast)
    Recast
    Distance
    Cancel
    Yarnball

Would really like but not mandatory:
    Silence
    Blinkmenot
    Chatmon
    Lightluggage
    TParty
    Expwatch
    Infobar - Ixion purposes only

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Off-topic but... if I'm into writing scripts for windower, is there even any reason for me to ever switch to windower v4 other than the fact that it'll likely not be supported too long after the big windower v4 release?

All these "included" plugin will have on/off toggles?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Off-topic but... if I'm into writing scripts for windower, is there even any reason for me to ever switch to windower v4 other than the fact that it'll likely not be supported too long after the big windower v4 release?
    I'm afraid I don't understand the question. If you're really into writing scripts, it'd almost be silly to not switch to v4 since it supports full lua scripting environment (functions, if/then logic, loops etc) and would allow you to write real scripts instead of just a series of commands.

Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    All these "included" plugin will have on/off toggles?
    Yeah everything is customizable, as always.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I don't have anything to really add to the discussion other than a thanks to you and other Windower devs. Windower makes FFXIs UI tolerable and the game more enjoyable.

Btw, would really appreciate if Windower 4 showed the enemys HP percentage (%) like Windower 3 does. Using Windower 4 right now and I really miss that :/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by nitsuj View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand the question. If you're really into writing scripts, it'd almost be silly to not switch to v4 since it supports full lua scripting environment (functions, if/then logic, loops etc) and would allow you to write real scripts instead of just a series of commands.

Could you elaborate?

Yeah everything is customizable, as always.
    Whoops, I meant to say 'not into'

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Domon Kasshu View Post
    Whoops, I meant to say 'not into'
    Heh. Well still you'd be in good shape with windower v4.

The most important updates, in my opinion:

- Stability. Exit from POL to FFXi and back to POL back into FFXI without crashing. /shutdown without error messages. When plugin/addons/scripts crash they should never take down the entire windower, only print info to the console. You get the point
    - Upgrades. Moving forward, Azaril, Starhawk and myself are likely to focus all our time on v4. Aikar and krellion may still keep v3 updated but that's up to them. So cool new features will be coming to v4 first, after we get the essentials already done.
    - Little things. The console is functional and informative. The launcher has features (some implemented and some coming soon) and can even check for updates for plugins/core without needing to check a website.
    - GUI. Windower v4 no longer requires plugins to write debug text to your screen. Now you can have complete draggable customizable interfaces for plugins, should the dev want to. This brings up MANY possibilities which I'll save for a later thread (or let ringthree talk about ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    Btw, would really appreciate if Windower 4 showed the enemys HP percentage (%) like Windower 3 does. Using Windower 4 right now and I really miss that :/
    I already added a targethealth% addon to the bar in my build. It'll be in the next release

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Current loadup of plugins I use at the moment

Spoiler: show
    load TParty
    load Distance
    load Recast
    load LightLuggage
    load TimeStamp
    load DrawDistance
    load SSOrganizer
    load ConsoleBG
    load Logger
    load StatusTimer
    load Silence
    load ExpWatch
    load ChatMon
    load spellcast
    load cancel
    load autoexec
    load yarnball
    load blinkmenot

I could live without a small amount of the plugins, but losing a lot of the other ones would be annoying as hell. I love using some plugins like autoexec and LL in tandem to be lazy about passing stuff for events. Out of those, losing ConsoleBG, Drawdistance, and Expwatch would be the least concerning. Would be great if you kept all the plugins, though.

Spoiler: show
    Heh. Well still you'd be in good shape with windower v4.

The most important updates, in my opinion:

- Stability. Exit from POL to FFXi and back to POL back into FFXI without crashing. /shutdown without error messages. When plugin/addons/scripts crash they should never take down the entire windower, only print info to the console. You get the point
    - Upgrades. Moving forward, Azaril, Starhawk and myself are likely to focus all our time on v4. Aikar and krellion may still keep v3 updated but that's up to them. So cool new features will be coming to v4 first, after we get the essentials already done.
    - Little things. The console is functional and informative. The launcher has features (some implemented and some coming soon) and can even check for updates for plugins/core without needing to check a website.
    - GUI. Windower v4 no longer requires plugins to write debug text to your screen. Now you can have complete draggable customizable interfaces for plugins, should the dev want to. This brings up MANY possibilities which I'll save for a later thread (or let ringthree talk about ^^)

I already added a targethealth% addon to the bar in my build. It'll be in the next release
    Really liking the stability feature there. I'll try it out when the next release comes out (need targethealth% for Odin and Ultima).

Yay! Thanks Nitsuj <3

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The latter half is an issue still... but the crash on shutdown was solved with the 3.42 .dll was it not?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hosom View Post
    The latter half is an issue still... but the crash on shutdown was solved with the 3.42 .dll was it not?
    My computer still crashes on /shutdown

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In rough order of importance:
    G15Binder (won't switch without this one)
    Recast
    Distance
    Statustimer
    TParty
    TimeStamp
    ExpWatch

One of these days I'll get around to using SpellCast, so yeah, that one too.

Also, I avoid crashes on shutdown with this alias:

alias gtfo unloadall; wait 2; input /shutdown

You can gimmick a G15binder anyway using aliases and G15profiles, can't you?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

My computer still crashes on /shutdown
    Doesn't for me in Windows 7 Pro o.o;

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Siniroth View Post
    The problem I have with the G15 software is half the time when I press a G key, it will just open the chat box, like I'd tapped the space bar or something, instead of doing what it's supposed to. o.O Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not really. The great thing about G15 binder is that it bypasses the chat buffer completely. To my knowledge, the G keys aren't normal keys and can't be bound normally; If they are, it isn't something that's documented.

Well the software that comes with the G15 lets you set profiles that cause a key combination to happen when you press the Gkey... I'm not sure if ffxi/windower would recognize it or not, I know that for the G15binder to work I've needed to set that profile through the software to read the keys as blank or it reads them as F1-6 keys (I use those defaultly for WoW, makes it easier to keybind them, I'm not sure if it's ffxi thinking they're F keys or if it's the profile settings though)

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

G15binder allows them to function as unique keys, on top of whatever else you have set up. If you're a fan of the G11/G15 for FFXI, you'd understand how hard it would be to live without the 15 extra macro slots. Without the binder plugin, you have to rely on logitech's profiler to bind them, at which point you might as well be using a regular keyboard.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well the software that comes with the G15 lets you set profiles that cause a key combination to happen when you press the Gkey... I'm not sure if ffxi/windower would recognize it or not, I know that for the G15binder to work I've needed to set that profile through the software to read the keys as blank or it reads them as F1-6 keys (I use those defaultly for WoW, makes it easier to keybind them, I'm not sure if it's ffxi thinking they're F keys or if it's the profile settings though)
    This is certainly true, except that half the time it simply doesn't work. You press a G key and get nothing, except the chat box opens.