BG Level

will not be using it without spellcast.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

Just spend the time to open it up so people can make their own plugins instead. Then everyone would switch whether you release v4 with any at all.

Yeah yeah bots, automation, bots, yaddy yadda. They already exist, it won't change anything.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post
    Just spend the time to open it up so people can make their own plugins instead. Then everyone would switch whether you release v4 with any at all.

Yeah yeah bots, automation, bots, yaddy yadda. They already exist, it won't change anything.
    I like the fact that they don't open it up. While yes there are bots, if they keep it closed then I don't have to worry about what I am using as a platform for bots.

It's a good ethic to have, and if you don't like it then just use FFAssist or soemthing. They already exist, and Windower won't change that, right?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tanag View Post

It wouldn't change anything in game, but it would change windower and take it in a direction that the devs don't want it to go. They do their best to give useful plugins that prevent people from really botting.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    As much as I want this myself, as I understand it, this just isn't possible. Well, isn't possible without being completely obvious that you are doing it to SE or making it so that you lose time because of the short internal cool down on all attempted JA's.
    Bah, it would fully take advantage of Snapshot, however. One could always bind the delay to a certain interval based on Velocity Shot, then Snapshot merits/gear, yeah?

Mashing a macro key and/or Alt + D for 6 years is kinda annoying now, all I'm saying.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Bah, it would fully take advantage of Snapshot, however. One could always bind the delay to a certain interval based on Velocity Shot, then Snapshot merits/gear, yeah?

Mashing a macro key and/or Alt + D for 6 years is kinda annoying now, all I'm saying.
    You are forgetting Rapid Shot. Believe me I have gone over all of this in my mind before and without some kind of /ra spamming macro that is easily detectable there just isn't a solution.

If delays weren't server side it would be doable. There may be a way for spellcast to detect when an arrow gets launched and then add in your personal delay then fire again, but I don't know if it can detect that.

Believe me, I am right there with you on this issue. My SAM doesn't have to hit the "swing" button...

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Miraun View Post
    Also, why would you use the G15 binder rather than just binding //ja "Jump" <t> to macro set 1, G1? Just so that you can bind Alt/Shift/Ctrl to the G keys?
    What? You can't bind aliases to the G keys period without G15 binder unless I'm missing something. Although the Ctrl+G key is a nice idea, I hadn't thought about that before.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Only plugins I'm really currently using are Recast, Distance, and TParty. Yarnball would probably be of use to me, but I've never tried it, so I wouldn't miss it. Same with Spellcast.

Drawdistance is nice, but not essential.

Banned.

BG Level

You are forgetting Rapid Shot. Believe me I have gone over all of this in my mind before and without some kind of /ra spamming macro that is easily detectable
    What exactly is detectable about spamming a macro, the same way every single rng does already?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You are forgetting Rapid Shot. Believe me I have gone over all of this in my mind before and without some kind of /ra spamming macro that is easily detectable there just isn't a solution.

If delays weren't server side it would be doable. There may be a way for spellcast to detect when an arrow gets launched and then add in your personal delay then fire again, but I don't know if it can detect that.

Believe me, I am right there with you on this issue. My SAM doesn't have to hit the "swing" button...
    Ahh yes indeed, Rapid Shot. Guess I'll be mashing macro til the end of the game. Fixing Spellcast up for that would be too much work for myself, lol.

If only the devs and players had a better communication base, an /autofire command would have made for a better type of update more than that Enmity Reduction thing they ganked at the last minute. Silly SE.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    What exactly is detectable about spamming a macro, the same way every single rng does already?
    There is a difference between spamming something 2-3 times a second and 20-30 times a second (which is what you would need to do to fully take advantage of the differences in ranged attack given by Rapid Shot and Snapshot).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I love that you criticize what people consider to be "must-haves" and then list StatusTimer, TimeStamp, ChatMon and Cancel. I would trade in all of these just to get Recast, let alone Yarnball.
    Listed as must haves because 1, their function cannot be replicated with other tools at this time, and 2, I know what plugins exist for v4 already (or have at least, been written in Lua).

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

/autofire would be the least of the things fixed if the devs had a better communication base. but that's neither here nor there ~

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

While I understand the hesitancy to move without spellcast, if nitsuj can get v.4 to do half of what Azaril promised there will be a FREAKING STAMPEDE to v.4.
    I can has details/link? I hadn't heard of any of the features promised for v4.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    I would love if the damn thing wouldnt crash when shutting down.

PS. No, unloading each plugin one by one doesnt work either, and it's no specific plugin, it's randomly one of the plugins that display text on the screen.

This has been happening since 3.3, or maybe even 3.2. It's a known issue, many have this problem, and everyone keeps saying 'were working on it', but 1+ year later, no dice.

This is using /shutdown, not console terminate, I dont like using it as it disorganizes my inventories.
    ^What he said. Annoying when the net drops and you try to reconnect and the whole thing just terminates.

Anyways, my "must have" list would look like this

Yarnball
    Recast
    TParty
    Chatmon
    Cancel
    Distance

Stuff that i like, but can load myself whenever:
    Lightluggage
    DrawDistance
    Spellcast
    Expwatch

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by mallister View Post
    /autofire would be the least of the things fixed if the devs had a better communication base. but that's neither here nor there ~
    In terms of RNG fixes! I'll have none of your DRK shenanigans here ~!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

/shutdown works fine without any crashing with the 3.4.2 hook.dll.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Cancel
    Distance
    TParty
    Recast

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    I can has details/link? I hadn't heard of any of the features promised for v4.
    http://ringthree.blogspot.com/2009/0...snowflake.html

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why would a Ranged Attack macro be detectable...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast