Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    Listed as must haves because 1, their function cannot be replicated with other tools at this time, and 2, I know what plugins exist for v4 already (or have at least, been written in Lua).
    More like listed as must haves because 1, you must have them and 2, you don't care what other people must have.

My point is that you can have your must have list, but to suggest that you have to have the things you list because their are no other tools that do them is ridiculous. As if people couldn't figure out the respawn of kings before timestamp...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    More like listed as must haves because 1, you must have them and 2, you don't care what other people must have.

My point is that you can have your must have list, but to suggest that you have to have the things you list because their are no other tools that do them is ridiculous. As if people couldn't figure out the respawn of kings before timestamp...
    Course I don't give a shit about what other people need. I'm not them. They can write their own list, and I reserve the right to scorn them for it.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

To be honest, none of that interests me in the least. <_<

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Must have:
    Distance
    Recast
    Lightluggage
    TPparty
    statustimer

Would probably think twice without:
    Timestamp
    expwatch
    drawdistance

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    And some people don't like ice cream or blow jobs either.

I don't think that Windower 4.0 is be designed for people that enjoy Vegemite, sorry.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

verymuchneed:
    logger
    lightluggage
    distance
    timestamp
    tparty

nicetohave:
    yarnball
    zonetimer

does windower v4 have the wireframe mode? i can't live without that either, i spam my fillmode bind all the time to avoid aggro and shit

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    I have to agree with this to an extent. The mouse-based interface isn't really doing anything for me, and all I'm getting from the overlays is on-screen clutter. Helpful for a healer perhaps, but the best thing since sliced bread? Not by half. Cast bars will only be useful for spells with > 2s casting time, which reduces their use to... Erase and Dispel? -nas are 1s and Stun is 0.5s, you won't have enough time to react for those spells. Useful yes, revolutionary? Hell no.

On topic: Sorry, but I've gotta say Spellcast. I'm not moving over without something that can at least match Spellcast functionality. Yarnball, Statustimer, Distance, Silence, TParty, and Lightluggage would be my other must-haves.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I use windower 4 from time to time. I have no lag with it and no clue why it looks more clear to me. (vista)

I dont use it at any real events still toy with it just because when i saw it was out.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    I have to agree with this to an extent. The mouse-based interface isn't really doing anything for me, and all I'm getting from the overlays is on-screen clutter. Helpful for a healer perhaps, but the best thing since sliced bread? Not by half. Cast bars will only be useful for spells with > 2s casting time, which reduces their use to... Erase and Dispel? -nas are 1s and Stun is 0.5s, you won't have enough time to react for those spells. Useful yes, revolutionary? Hell no.

On topic: Sorry, but I've gotta say Spellcast. I'm not moving over without something that can at least match Spellcast functionality. Yarnball, Statustimer, Distance, Silence, TParty, and Lightluggage would be my other must-haves.
    So you are against game improvements, and more neat things? Are you still bitter they made Super Mario Bros. 2 because Super Mario Bros. was the best ever?

You can keep denying ice cream and blow jobs, it just leaves more for me!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Recast
    Drawdistance
    Yarnball
    tparty
    LL

Also not the right thread but i wish there was a way to add more spells to yarnball, it's one of my favorite plugins :\

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Correct answer: Don't include SpellCast, discontinue previous versions.

perplexing perpetrator of in perpetuity
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

of the ones not looked at on the dev wiki:

ChatMon? (1.62) wanted
    DrawDistance? (2.2)
    ExpWatch? (2.0)needed
    G15Binder (1.2)
    IME (1.10)
    Infobar (1.05) obsoleted by the new bar?
    Light Luggage (3.1) wanted
    Logger (1.4)
    MediaCenter? (1.0)
    PetTP (1.10 Buggy)
    PlasticSurgeon? (1.0)
    Precognition (1.0)
    Priority (1.1)
    Recast (1.72) needed
    Run (1.2)
    Silence (1.5) wanted
    SSOrganizer (1.1)
    StatusTimer? (1.0) wanted
    Tickle (1.0)
    Timestamp (2.1) needed
    Vana'Tunes (1.0)
    WinControl? (1.5)
    YarnBall? (3.02) needed
    ZoneTimer? (1.0)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

TParty
    Distance
    Recast
    LightLuggage
    DrawDistance
    SSOrganizer
    StatusTimer
    Silence
    ChatMon
    Yarnball
    Blinkmenot
    Infobar

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    So you are against game improvements, and more neat things? Are you still bitter they made Super Mario Bros. 2 because Super Mario Bros. was the best ever?

You can keep denying ice cream and blow jobs, it just leaves more for me!
    Did I say that? No. Try again. Hint: note the use of the words "useful" and "helpful" this time.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    Did I say that? No. Try again. Hint: note the use of the words "useful" and "helpful" this time.
    You were the kid that actually ate their brussel sprouts instead of feeding them to the dog.

(In all seriousness, get your head out of your ass, I was kidding. In reality though, you are in the minority and I think that 90% of people are going to really like how v.4 looks and feels once it is done if they follow Azaril's update plans. The alpha isn't even close to how good it can get.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am Baffled at how many people use windower but not spellcast. For anyone that uses it currently it is necessary.

Need:
    Spellcast
    Cancel
    Recast
    G15Binder
    Distance

Would like
    ALL other plugins

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    I am Baffled at how many people use windower but not spellcast. For anyone that uses it currently it is necessary.
    Excuse me? If it was necessary it would have been included in the game. SpellCast is far too automated for it's own good to the point where it has the potential to inconvenience me. Its simple features (//warp for example) are nice, however.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Excuse me? If it was necessary it would have been included in the game. SpellCast is far too automated for it's own good to the point where it has the potential to inconvenience me. Its simple features (//warp for example) are nice, however.
    I completely agree with you, Cair.

Only reason I use spellcast is to be able to type spells out and abbreviate peoples names, since I happen to type rather fast, and that gives me an advantage over using macros unless its for gear swaps. I've known people who rely on Spellcast to tank. Its funny that if you take this away from them, they can't tank for shit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok, you asked what would make me uninstall 3.4 to use a version 4?

Honestly, Hermes, or something close to it.
    I would love to able to type //airship from somewhere in NSandy, go make a sammich and come back to game waiting at the door to enter.

Otherwise, I'd just chill with the version I have.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm not sure I quite understood everything in the planned features, but if we were somehow able to see the current status effects on certain players (mostly detrimental ones, though select positive ones would be nice) through little icons over their head, next to their name in alliance list or something, or just anywhere on the screen for select players it'd be really handy, and I'd definitely upgrade just for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast