Tparty
    Drawdistance
    LightLuggage
    Priority
    CFHProtect

Ones that I have and use from time to time depending on desire:

Distance
    Plastic Surgeon

Turned off Recast, Chatmon, exp watch, time stamp...I don't ever use those....so I guess as long as anything from the above list will work on v4, that'd be good for me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Excuse me? If it was necessary it would have been included in the game. SpellCast is far too automated for it's own good to the point where it has the potential to inconvenience me. Its simple features (//warp for example) are nice, however.
    I think you misinterpreted what that person said. I think he was just saying that Spellcast creates a (good) dependency for people that like it. Windower does the same thing, as do in game macros.

Spellcast is very versatile, some people use it to automate almost everything, some people (like me) just use it to do the few things that a Windower macro can't quite do or would require clunky Windower macros.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Despain View Post
    I completely agree with you, Cair.

Only reason I use spellcast is to be able to type spells out and abbreviate peoples names, since I happen to type rather fast, and that gives me an advantage over using macros unless its for gear swaps. I've known people who rely on Spellcast to tank. Its funny that if you take this away from them, they can't tank for shit.
    I can't really think of any situation where spellcast is going to be a make or break difference in tanking anything. It's just a matter of convenience.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Excuse me? If it was necessary it would have been included in the game. SpellCast is far too automated for it's own good to the point where it has the potential to inconvenience me. Its simple features (//warp for example) are nice, however.
    If you are use to playing a game // everything and you have to relearn how to type in stressed situations you are likely to scew the pooch royaly. You can do most of the swaps using macros not a big deal but I would totally have to change the way I do things to play without SC. I would be a huge pain. I'm sure this is the case for most SC users.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dealbreakers (I'd stay on 3.4 for any one of these):
    Windower scripting
    TParty
    Distance

Nice-to-haves (I might consider staying on 3.4 if 4.0 lost all of these):
    DrawDistance
    Timestamp
    LightLuggage

TParty
    Recast
    Silence
    Distance
    /console exec texts

Bare minimum. I could get along with nothing else.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    And some people don't like ice cream or blow jobs either.

I don't think that Windower 4.0 is be designed for people that enjoy Vegemite, sorry.
    I <3 ice cream and blowjobs, but the new features in V4 that you listed in your blog are neither.

* Cast bars for players within alliance/range of the player. This would allow you to see who’s casting what and on who. For example tell if you’ve got an incoming heal when you’re close to death.
    That wouldn't change anything for me, I'd either see that I have a cure coming in and be ok, or not, and either get one off on myself or die. Having something pop up on screen with "someone's casting cure on this person" isn't going to make any difference. I see a tank low on HP, I'll toss a cure. How big a cure depends on how low the HP. Most of what this would apply to me in would be Dynamis, where people are everywhere, so having a popup like that would likely get missed.

Also, you'd have to actually see the popup, and determine if your cure or someone else's cure would land first, then actually interrupt your casting before it fires... just not something that would happen in most situations, IMO.

* Alliance member location indicators. Show arrows under your players feet to indicate direction to alliancer members/group members/target.
    This could be slightly handy for dynamis if you have some tanks on statues and some on beastmen, but you should know generally which direction the people in your party are depending on their jobs. A toy at best, and not anything close to blowjob-good.

If you're afraid to tab past party/alliance members, use STPT and STAL instead.

* Alliance member or target overlay information, see hp/mp/tp information next to the player on screen.
    There are these little bars on the right side of your screen that with TParty show exactly that information. Again, hardly groundbreaking, just moving that info the another part of the screen to make it look cluttered and busy.

* Custom overlay information, attach any image/text to a player in 3d.
    What would this possibly do to enhance the way the game is played?

* Clickable targeting and casting buttons on screen for alliance members. Be able to see health and debuffs on a player in a simple fashion and be able to click to cure/remove debuffs.
    Keyboard only. I haven't touched a mouse while playing FFXI ever. THis would do nothing except slow down cures, etc. Having to take your hands away from the keyboard to get to your mouse to find the right person to click on to click on them to cast a spell... or, alt3 > f2 > enter.

Again, there is nothing in here that makes me even a little bit excited about WindowerV4. They are either novelties at best and useless clutter that gets in the way at most.

I'm all for improvements. Most of the plugins for windower ARE improvements. These V4 "features" are not. Don't need graphical overlays when the chat log and recast/yarnball/statustimer are far simpler, work, and don't (overly) clutter the screen with flashy shit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Esvedium all you are doing is proving that there will always be someone that will complain about something. Yay, you don't want to use Windower v4's new, sweet-ass features.

And you are just lying about the ice cream and blow jobs to fit in.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Esvedium all you are doing is proving that there will always be someone that will complain about something. Yay, you don't want to use Windower v4's new, sweet-ass features.

And you are just lying about the ice cream and blow jobs to fit in.
    I'm not complaining at all, other than the lack of spellcast, unless the "something close to spellcast built into v4" is close enough for my mostly basic rules, but that isn't what we're talking about here. I'm talking about the new "features" of v4.

You can have all the flashy, mouse-clicking buttons you want in the game. They won't do anything for me, and hence, I won't use them. All I'm saying is they aren't as revolutionary to me as they are to you are telling everyone they will be.

I like the interface the game has (with windower plugins), and don't want a UI like what you want.

I want to know how you think these are going to be so groundbreaking. How are they going to change the way you play? Having a pointer under your feet telling you that your tank is right by the big chariot/dragon/rabbit everyone's fighting, or having hp/mp/tp in yet another part of the screen, or a popup bar telling you that someone is casting a cure on your tank but still not being able to cancel your own cure in time before it fires...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

tpparty
    recast
    lightluggage

spellcastlite would be nice too.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    I'm not complaining at all, other than the lack of spellcast, unless the "something close to spellcast built into v4" is close enough for my mostly basic rules, but that isn't what we're talking about here. I'm talking about the new "features" of v4.

You can have all the flashy, mouse-clicking buttons you want in the game. They won't do anything for me, and hence, I won't use them. All I'm saying is they aren't as revolutionary to me as they are to you are telling everyone they will be.

I like the interface the game has (with windower plugins), and don't want a UI like what you want.

I want to know how you think these are going to be so groundbreaking. How are they going to change the way you play? Having a pointer under your feet telling you that your tank is right by the big chariot/dragon/rabbit everyone's fighting, or having hp/mp/tp in yet another part of the screen, or a popup bar telling you that someone is casting a cure on your tank but still not being able to cancel your own cure in time before it fires...
    I have no dog in this fight. You may not think the changes are revolutionary because you really like spellcast and it is more important than any other changes, but that doesn't make v.4 any less revolutionary. A simple comparison between what we have now and what v.4 could be pretty much locks up how great it could be.

Some people don't like using Windower at all. People fear change. I get that. You are just doing what reactionaries always do. Downplay the benefits and defend the status quo. That's fine, you don't think that those things are important, but at some point a lot of people said that about Windower, and then Spellcast.

You my friend are a ice-cream-hating, blow-job-denying, negative Nancy!

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    Then stay with the old?

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As long as there is support for the important plugins in 3.4, I'm not moving an inch.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

To be honest I prefer the look of version 4 better already, so if it gets going even with the current plugins and scripts are functional I'd probably use it regardless. (On a side note how do you make the border show up?)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

To be honest I prefer the look of version 4 better already, so if it gets going even with the current plugins and scripts are functional I'd probably use it regardless. (On a side note how do you make the border show up?)
    I think it was just a plug-in called "bar" or something, but I don't know if it was in the v.4 alpha.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Very top (v4 having these 5 plugins would be enough for me to switch over):

TParty
    Spellcast
    G15Binder
    Recast
    Timestamp

Desired:

LightLuggage
    Yarnball
    Infobar
    Expwatch
    Precognition

Would be nice:

DrawDistance
    Silence
    Clock
    Chatmon
    Tickle
    StatusTimer

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think it was just a plug-in called "bar" or something, but I don't know if it was in the v.4 alpha.
    No, as in the actual border to minimize, close, etc. >_> The one on Windower 3.4 never shows up for me either unless I do window_toggleframe, but obviously that doesn't work for this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The features like castbar and movable UI are all in the plans, but right now I'm just working on getting it "playable".

TParty will likely launch with a movable proof-of-concept UI, but I'm not sure. The UI support is there, and it works. I'm just not sure how to use it for sure with the various plugins, features yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I have no dog in this fight. You may not think the changes are revolutionary because you really like spellcast and it is more important than any other changes, but that doesn't make v.4 any less revolutionary. A simple comparison between what we have now and what v.4 could be pretty much locks up how great it could be.
    Revolutionary, yes. Strictly better than what we have now, not so much.

I will grant that Windower 4 will have a ton of nifty-keen new features, but some people won't like or make use of these new features as much as they like or make use of some current ones, and just because a feature is new or does something in a different way doesn't automatically make previous features obsolete. It's a fairly basic principle in everything that you make use of the best tool for the job, not necessarily the most advanced one.

Also, where does cunnilingus fit into the whole ice cream and blowjobs thing?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    I would love if the damn thing wouldnt crash when shutting down.

PS. No, unloading each plugin one by one doesnt work either, and it's no specific plugin, it's randomly one of the plugins that display text on the screen.

This has been happening since 3.3, or maybe even 3.2. It's a known issue, many have this problem, and everyone keeps saying 'were working on it', but 1+ year later, no dice.

This is using /shutdown, not console terminate, I dont like using it as it disorganizes my inventories.

I thought the crash on shutdown was figured out. Being that it was an issue of where the windower folder was. Solution was move the windower folder out of the ffxi/playonline associated folders.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast