Recast
    IME
    TParty
    Distance
    BlinkMeNot
    AutoExec
    Silence
    Cancel

A version of FFXI without drawdistance and spellcast would be a very hard sell.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

Just Tparty, Timestamp, and Spellcast... I actually use FFAssist for most of the others.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hermes.

Seriously though, it would have to be:
    Spellcast
    Silence
    Cancel
    Tparty
    Yarnball.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'd love to be able to logout to POL, then log back into game without a crash. Then have to restart POL and login only to find that "the same character is already logged in" and have to spam it. That is the only problem I have with Windower currently. It's a pain when you DC during a hectic event and need to get back quickly.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

If spellcast is going to be one of the last things, I wont be making the switch over until that's ready :/

There's no point in switching windower versions to play different jobs, and almost all my jobs use spellcast now anyway.

I could list bare essentials, but spellcast is one of the biggest essentials, if it's not there, then there's no point

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Timestamp
    Distance
    TParty
    LightLuggage are essentials for me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think a lot of people here are being lazy. Recast is nice, but if you're actually riding the timers on a spell/ability, you're not going to be looking at recast you're going to be spamming the macro/JA Window.

Same with silence/chatmon. Do a few lines in the chatlog bother you all that much?

If you really can't live without them then fair enough, but this is supposed to be an absolute minimum feature set. Putting down every plugin you ever use ever is not going to help the windower team.

Must Haves:
    Spellcast, TParty, Timestamp, Cancel, StatusTimer, IME, ChatMon (triggers)

Like to Haves:
    Blinkmenot, Yarnball, Recast, Light Luggage, Logger

Eventually Haves:
    Infobar, Expwatch, Distance, Silence, CFHProtect, Chatmon (spam filtering)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Recast
    Yarnball
    Distance
    TParty
    Cancel
    Silence
    Spellcast

I love Yarnball already, but it would be super awesome if it also covered Phalanx II (which would have to be configurable like BRD songs) and Stoneskin.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    I think a lot of people here are being lazy. Recast is nice, but if you're actually riding the timers on a spell/ability, you're not going to be looking at recast you're going to be spamming the macro/JA Window.
    Let's say I'm playing on COR. I want to do damage shots as much as possible, but I don't want to spam the macro (equipping my MP down gear, then my QD gear, then my default gear) needlessly. When I roll, I want to quickly be able to see the recast on Fold and Snake Eye (and Random Deal) to determine how aggressive I should be in doubling up. I want to roll ASAP, but I don't want to constantly be unequipping W.turban for AF2 hat. It's possible that when I want to see all this, I'm meleeing for TP, following an /as, inviting BRDs every few minutes, 2boxing a RDM, and calling out instructions. So yeah, I appreciate that recast window.

Same with silence/chatmon. Do a few lines in the chatlog bother you all that much?
    A few lines wouldn't bother me that much. Playing a mage job with Spellcast and no Silence FLOODS my window. I don't see anything but [Equipment Changed].

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Should of probably made the OP a poll, ahah.

exp watch
    recast
    distance
    TParty
    chatmon (i think thats the one that tells me about tells and party invites)

i dont use light luggage or anything like that. I dont even have them turned on. its mainly those four.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hmm for me, I'd have to say the following: TParty, IME, Silence, Recast, Distance, Yarnball, and I guess Spellcast whenever I get around to making the switch to that.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Recast
    TParty
    Distance
    Drawdistance

anything else is just bonus for me, these are the ones I actually care about.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheMysteriousX View Post
    Um... no. I don't know what jobs you play, but if you ever find yourself tanking, you're going to be riding the timers on Utsusemi/Flash/Stun/Provoke and, further, you should have some kind of macro swap for them. Going a week without Recast was torturous because I'd have to slam a macro that gave me all my important recasts, which seriously cut into my efficiency. I can and have tanked without Recast, but this isn't sloth, it's simple efficiency. I certainly lost a lot of efficiency because of the imposed delay on hitting macros. I suppose if you're a keyboard player (god knows why you'd bother), you're more used to hitting CTRL+M or what have you.

Sloth is Spellcast. It's a nuisance to write macros and actually have to pay attention to things like the weather and time of day, but it barely dents efficiency for a majority of jobs compared to well-written macros.

I absolutely would not bother with a new iteration of Windower, even though I find the crashing when I log out obnoxious, without:

Recast

Actually, I guess that is my bare minimum. Nonetheless, I wouldn't upgrade without Distance, TParty, Timestamp, Yarnball, and Clock (yes, Clock, I play fullscreened). Drawdistance and ExpWatch are also both rather convenient. IME support is helpful.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I can't live without IME

>.<

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

TParty
    Recast
    Distance

Extras that are very nice, but not necessary:
    LightLuggage
    Silence
    Timestamp

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

tparty, recast, distance, spellcast, yarnball

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    Should of probably made the OP a poll, ahah.
    Nah, I'm getting the info I needed. I had figured the majority would say recast, distance, expwatch and tparty. I figured probably a third would *demand* spellcast.

Seems to be about right, so far. I just want to make sure I have my priorities straight.

My main is RDM so I cannot live without:

Spellcast
    Yarnball
    Recast
    Cancel
    Drawdistance
    Expwatch
    Lightluggage
    Tparty

Everything else is gravy

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sloth is Spellcast. It's a nuisance to write macros and actually have to pay attention to things like the weather and time of day, but it barely dents efficiency for a majority of jobs compared to well-written macros.
    At a minimum, I think the only truly essential "Spellcast-like functionality" as Nitsuj mentioned is the ability to define pre-, mid-, and aftercast equipment sets, even if you leave out the million and one nested conditionals you can have with it currently. I can understand how that kind of thing would be a complete and utter pain to switch over from version to version. You could possibly count the auto-completion of typed commands as essential as well ('/ma cure3 ty' being accepted as if it were '/ma "Cure III" Tyran' etc). Nothing you can't do without macros, i.e. nothing truly essential to gameplay, but still highly convenient, and this is one of the make-or-break things for Windower for me. If I'm part of the minority that demands Spellcast, then okay, I'll wait without complaining.

Ultimately, you don't "need" any of the plugins in order to play the game in any absolute sense. You don't "need" Recast or Lightluggage or Timestamp or anything else. All they do is add convenience to the game. That's what this thread's about: the level of added convenience that makes switching to Windower 4 an option for most people. Bullshit like this doesn't help in the slightest:

Good for you. You're missing the point of this thread entirely.