BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Christmas Tiemz

So, yeah. I require BG's help. I have a PS3, and plan on getting an older PSP (1000/2000..whichever can be hacked) on the interwebs, but I plan to get a few games for X-Mas. What do you guys suggest me getting? I don't have many games to be honest. Killzone 2, Madden 09 (I like sports titles as well), Burnout Paradise, Wipeout HD.. I have that sort of shit.

A title currently at the top is Demon's Souls. I want a really challenging game so that fits the bill. Was also thinking about Uncharted 2. What else? Please BG, I require your help. Cake will be shipped all around. (Okay, it won't, but think it will.)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Valkyria Chronicles and Folklore if you're into RPGs, both are excellent games. Metal Gear Solid if you've played the others. InFamous is also good, but not the 'zomg amazing best sandbox evar' that people tried to make it out to be when it was released.

Also, the PixelJunk games on PSN are great. Eden is gorgeous and probably one of the best PSN titles out there. Monsters is a very solid tower defense game, if you like them. Racers is the weak link of the series from what I've tried of it, but still pretty fun. Shooter should be coming out very soon and it also looks amazing. I've heard good things about Fat Princess but I'm yet to play it myself.

Borderlands, Fallout 3 GOTY, CoD: MW2, FF: Dissidiad

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Nice options. I also have Monsters/Eden from the PSN that I got from someone. inFamous is intriguing, but I dunno about that. I wouldn't mind NCAAF 2010 or Madden 10. Those any good? If you've played em I mean.

I have Borderlands on the PC, and the same with Fallout 3. MW2 is tempting, and Dissidia/Monster Hunter are the only two PSP games I even like.. so those are on the list.

Great suggestions though, keep em coming!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Nice options. I also have Monsters/Eden from the PSN that I got from someone. inFamous is intriguing, but I dunno about that. I wouldn't mind NCAAF 2010 or Madden 10. Those any good? If you've played em I mean.
    Haven't played Madden 10 yet, or any of the NCAA games since like 07. I only play them at friend's houses, really, not enough of a fan to buy them myself. Only sports games I really like are Fight Night (Round 3 was a bit disappointing, I think Round 2 is much better) and UFC.

I know you already said it, but make Demon's Souls a priority, it's been a damn long time since I've had this much fun with a (mostly) single player game. It makes me really wish Monster Hunter Tri had been made for the HD consoles.

Dragon Age: Origins is also quite good, but the PC version is by far the best if you have a good enough computer (if you're running fallout 3 and borderlands on PC, you do) for it.

You can also check out http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Playstation_3 and see if anything else interests you.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Star Ocean: First Departure, Star Ocean: Second Evolution, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Phantasy Star Portable is much like MH:FU in it's group gameplay, so with AdHoc Party finally being US released, might want to consider that.

The new Ratchet & Clank came out a few weeks ago, and it's as solid a play as any other game in the series.

There's also LittleBigPlanet, the singleplayer campaign is decent, though getting people for online multiplayer for the secret areas might not be easy. And there are tons of user made levels, though you have to sift through the crappy ones. If you really get into the Create mode though, the game is well worth it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fallout 3 is a must-buy. You simply cannot go wrong. I loved the game so much that I went through the story-line with the 3 different karmas in order to enjoy all of the situations. I did my first run-through without internet aid, and then used wiki help on the second, which was also fun, but with the knowledge from those two times through, I had the most fun... (nevermind, just read that you already have Fallout3 on PC)...

Infamous is a decent game, but suffers from the missions. You are required to do stupid things wherein you have to learn the actions of AI most of the time, and plan around it. This results in large amounts of replaying one situation in order to pass it. It's okay for the first half of the game, but gets very tedious as you get further and further...

I've been getting loads of play out of DLC games, specifically Final Fantasy Tactics and Crystal Defenders. Both can be moved onto the PSP, from what I remember...

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

The thing is though, the PSN/DLC FF Tactics is the straight PS1 version.
    If you have a PSP, you'll want to get the FFT War of the Lions version, with a buffed up script and new content.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

PSP: Tales of Eternia, Disidia, Jeanne D'arc, FFT: War of Lions, Killzone, Phantasy Star Online, and God of War.

PS3: Folklore, Disgaea, MGS4, Killzone 2, Dragon Age Origins, Assassin's Creed II, Modern Warfare 2, Darksiders (comes out on January 2nd), Demon Souls, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Valkyria Chronicles, and Devil May Cry 4.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hm. Yeah, Dissidia/Monster Hunter definitely.. PSO.. I dunno. I've played PSO:BB for a while off and on, and other PSO since it came out originally. I just dunno if I can take more of it. D: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions; if it's tougher than Hacktics, I may give it a try.

As far as PS3 goes, so far, Valkryai Chronicles and Demon's Souls is high on my list, with AC2/MGS4/Modern Warfare 2 sort of below that.