+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The effects of weed?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hey now... just because marijuana isn't good for you doesn't mean you shouldn't smoke it. moderation is key.

all it takes is a disaprine.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Do you get depressed when you're high, or just the time surrounding it?

Whoever mentioned this pretty much had it right- weed will normally exacerbate sadness in particular, if the feeling is already strong. I don't think it exacerbates -every- feeling, because a lot of times I will be pissed off at my gf or something and smoke and then feel better about it, etc.

I personally use weed to combat depression, but you gotta figure out what's bugging you first before that can start to work

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, many doctors and psychologists tell patients who experience severe depression that marijuana is the best cure for depression, off the record of course. With this going on, I highly doubt that it can cause or exacerbate depression.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeTasai View Post
    Well, many doctors and psychologists tell patients who experience severe depression that marijuana is the best cure for depression, off the record of course. With this going on, I highly doubt that it can cause or exacerbate depression.
    wut.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

whoa, what? that's insane. and this is coming from a former pothead who still smokes on occasion.

I would immediately terminate my relationship with any doctor who told me that. I'm totally pro-weed, but I completely disagree. it might not be harmful in some circumstances, but it has the potential to exacerbate depression, there is no doubt. I've felt those effects firsthand.

it does make you feel temporarily better, but you really can't be high all the time. and if you were, you'd soon notice the anxiety-inducing effects more and more, and the depression-reducing effects less and less. that's my two cents anyway.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    wut.
    Very very common with American born doctors. It is frowned down upon so you don't hear it very often, but it happens a lot.

edit: and I agree that this isn't the best choice of recommendation for a doctor to make.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Weed affects people differently, everyone has a different reaction. My first time, i felt like the room was spinning and passed out and began talking to myself(or so im told). I'm very pro legalization...but i doubt im gonna do it again for awhile @@;

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Whatev I treat my depression with weed, and as long as I don't run out, it works wonderfully.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Gurubashi

Quote Originally Posted by Venga View Post
    Just a quick question for all you guys who smoke weed on BG. Can weed make you depressed when you're sober?

I've searched through Google and there's some funny replies but nothing really conclusive.

It may have nothing to do with smoking weed but i've just had a depressed phase for the last 2-3 days and ever since i got back from Amsterdam 2 weeks ago i've been smoking pretty hard. I don't get depressed when im baked, the totally opposite actually, i just laugh a fuck lot, except for the occasional paranoia!

Anyone have any insight!? Thanks in advance
    I've been smoking pot for the past 6-7 years. I've never been depressed while sober. Actually, I can't quite remember the last time I was depressed.

Just smoke pot when you're depressed. Problem solved.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Weed affects people differently, everyone has a different reaction.
    you could pretty much sum up the whole thread with this quote. there are some commonalities, but that's very true.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

its why you cant explain any sort of psychedelic drug effects to anyone. because it all depends on the kind of person you are/how much you take.your current mood etc.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Weed makes me puke my fucking guts out.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

i felt like throwing up too then i got up too fast, room began to spin, things slowed down, last thing i remember was myself saying "holy shit am i high?" then BAM. complete blackness.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    you could pretty much sum up the whole thread with this quote. there are some commonalities, but that's very true.
    I agree but while there are still people going OMGLOL WEED IS TEH DEVILZ there will always be ground for argumentation by pro-pot people. As stated previously, it has vastly become a case of bad propaganda and silly assumptions when it comes to weed. It's all about being rational, don't abuse it, don't work/study on it and don't take it when you have medical records but unfortunately, there will always be retards who fuck it up for others.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Too many people who go "OMG I LOVE WEED LETS DO IT AND GO TO SCHOOL HIGH WE'RE SO FUCKING COOL" ruin for everyone else, and i want to beat the shit out of them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Cheers guys for some serious enlightenment! Learnt a lot just reading through this thread.

Im not a depressed person. Im never depressed while smoking. I have smoked for 2-3 years now and have never felt depressed because of weed, actually the total opposite and always enjoyed myself.

I went to Amsterdam a few weeks ago with some course mates and got blitzed, like every day for 5 straight days. Since i got back ive been smoking every 3-4 days or so. Im not a hard smoker and i always smoke with mates having a laugh.

About 3 days ago i seriously whited, for the first time, but didnt pass out. I knew what was going on because when it comes to drugs i always researched into the effects / dangers first (good old frank). Im not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

whited? what does this mean.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    whited? what does this mean.
    was gonna ask this but didnt wanna look silly. im not really familiar with all of the terms outside of the ones i already knew.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As someone who has done every drug known to mankind at least once, even I'm a bit curious.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    I agree but while there are still people going OMGLOL WEED IS TEH DEVILZ there will always be ground for argumentation by pro-pot people. As stated previously, it has vastly become a case of bad propaganda and silly assumptions when it comes to weed. It's all about being rational, don't abuse it, don't work/study on it and don't take it when you have medical records but unfortunately, there will always be retards who fuck it up for others.
    anti-drug programs, which go all-out and make it sound like every illegal drug will kill you and rape your family, end up doing more harm than good sometimes. if you learn from a drug program that pot is the devil, then try it and find out it isn't, you're more likely to think that what they told you about coke, and heroin, and meth, was all wrong, and that those drugs are all just as harmless as weed. so in the end the anti-drug program's scare tactics just push people into trying things they might not have instead of educating themselves and taking appropriate and calculated risks.

every single drug I've taken I've read about in books as well as extensive numbers of personal reports on sites like erowid. if people would do this, they'd realize that very few substances are as evil as we make them out to be... except meth. man, fuck meth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast