+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The effects of weed?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

The effects of weed?

Just a quick question for all you guys who smoke weed on BG. Can weed make you depressed when you're sober?

I've searched through Google and there's some funny replies but nothing really conclusive.

It may have nothing to do with smoking weed but i've just had a depressed phase for the last 2-3 days and ever since i got back from Amsterdam 2 weeks ago i've been smoking pretty hard. I don't get depressed when im baked, the totally opposite actually, i just laugh a fuck lot, except for the occasional paranoia!

Anyone have any insight!? Thanks in advance

are you 16?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I sucked dick for marijuana. You ever suck some dick for coke?

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Weeds a stimulant not a depressant, but usually it just exacerbates whatever type of mood you are in. If smoking weed is making you feel shitty then stop smoking for a bit. Simples. How much are londoners paying for an oz these days? Last I heard is was retardedly expensive.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I've always felt relaxed when high, never felt depressed one bit, usually happy and don't give a damn about anything, then the high wears off and I still feel good.

Demosthenes11

smoking weed depletes serotonin, so when you smoke a lot you can get constantly depressed. only happens with some people. Not that I'm recommending them but taking anti-depressants helps

Also Firas
    BG Level

i dont remember being sad when smoking weed...

Psychedelic drugs may have that effect (i think), but not weed.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

That's just the feeling of the gateways in your brain opening up to accept worse drugs

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    smoking weed depletes serotonin, so when you smoke a lot you can get constantly depressed. only happens with some people. Not that I'm recommending them but taking anti-depressants helps
    I don't want to be intrusive in anyone lifestyle, but taking anti-depressant to smoke pot efficiently sound kinda...wrong.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Are you sure you're not confusing pot with MDMA? >.>

Demosthenes11

was just something I've heard and I know a lot of people that get depressed when they smoke too much for too long
    prolly just shitty weed

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I´ve smoke a lot of weed (daily) for about 5 years until 5 years ago. Stopped when I moved to another city. Never felt any form of depression.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    That's just the feeling of the gateways in your brain opening up to accept worse drugs
    http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5...6496498108.gif

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Firas View Post
    i dont remember being sad when smoking weed...

Psychedelic drugs may have that effect (i think), but not weed.
    Weed is classified as a mild psychedelic. Chances are you are feeling what everyone else feels when they return to their shitty life from an awesome vacation... Reality. I know all of the people i went to Belize with for a week ended up being depressed when we got back. At most i would say you are suffering from a natural inclination for your mood to counterbalance from an up swing, (weed and great trip), to a downswing, (returning home and no stimulant).

Give it a week or so and it will diminish. If the depression gets worse and begins to impede on daily function, seek a medical opinion.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I usually got hit with major depressions 1-2 days after I stopped smoking but it was just for one day. havent smoked in a few years so I cant really say if the same would happen. it differs from person to person as far as I can tell.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hmmm im thinking just lay off for a while, seems the best solution, or at least cut down.

And it's not shit weed, it's pretty impressive considering what i was smoking in Dam.

Still think its a lot of contributing factors, just jumped at the thing society would blame it on, the illegal substance. Guess that's normal.

And green in Londons good. Usual £20 for a 8th, can get it cheaper but id prefer to spend that bit more.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    Smoking weed doesn't deplete serotonin as the active component in ganja mimics the chemical compositition of serotonin and slides into the receptors in the brain that serotonin stimulates. MDMA (like someone else said) causes serotonin to be excreted at excessive levels and thus after taking a lot of pills over a long period of time causes natural serotonin levels to be lowered, i.e you get depressed as fuck. By definition smoking pot shouldn't have an adverse effect on the base level of serotonin in your brain as it only adds to natural levels rather than artificially inflating them.

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

"weed" will make you kill puppies and punch babies i would not "do" it if i were you

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

feels good man

Never been depressed at all. It always puts me in a good mood, then helps me get to sleep.... in that order :-p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast