Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Did 20 Steel Cyclones for Perdu and Lyft each. Swapped out earring so str would be same. With 3 in party the damage was pretty much the same: 906 (Lyft) to 913 (Perdu)
    Maybe the tp bonus triggers with full pty only or it scales with member numbers and wasnt noticable with 3?

Edit: I know small sample but people had to go.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    How did you handle the slug NM?
    we've killed it twice, we're 1/2 on lance now

first time our setup was rdm, sam, thf.
    it was kinda rough, it hits very hard, like 300- to DD.
    the only ws it has is fuscous ooze which is gravity and encumberment(no equip). the no equip lasts for 30-45sec. with this setup we basically had the sam and thf switch off hate whenever the other person got stripped. at one point killed both dds and i had to kite as rdm until they unweakened.

RDM/NIN can solo, it seems to have 12% movement and hits like a truck so movement speed seems necessary. although it loses hate fairly easily. i kited him NW (around F-5) and theres no mobs that aggro there or anything there so its a good space, theres some fences and trees to get him caught up also.

despite info on the wiki, he's not resistant to magic. as rdm, bliz3 landed for a full 541 about 75% of the time. the 2nd time killing i brought a blm and his nukes were fine as well. like all of the new nms above lv50, it's resistant to bind/grav/sleep.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Did 20 Steel Cyclones for Perdu and Lyft each. Swapped out earring so str would be same. With 3 in party the damage was pretty much the same: 906 (Lyft) to 913 (Perdu)
    Maybe the tp bonus triggers with full pty only or it scales with member numbers and wasnt noticable with 3?

Edit: I know small sample but people had to go.
    It's hard to conclude anything from this.
    1) Are those average or maximum values?
    2) What are you fighting?
    3) How much STR did you have?
    4) Were you going at 100TP every time?
    5) As you said, could be some effect like fTP+10 per person over 2 in your party, in which case it'd be fairly hard to detect with a party of 3.
    6) Either way, Lyft losing in damage on Steel Cyclone doesn't really make sense.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The TP bonus was reported by one person who provided no data whatsoever to prove it. At this point I'm very skeptical, it would be nice... but I think everyone wanted it to be true so they just ran with it.
    I like shiny math as much as the next guy, but the math comparing unshomaru to hagun was a little premature and has caused people to go zomgtpbonus even more.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Does anyone know what the hell the word "lyft" means or refers to? SE tends to be kinda clever about finding really obscure words that hint at the nature of what they're naming (e.g., calling the White Mage stances "afflatus," which roughly means "divine inspiration"). I know I'm sort of flailing wildly with this, but I cannot find an origin for the word "lyft" and it has me suspicious.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriel View Post
    The TP bonus was reported by one person who provided no data whatsoever to prove it. At this point I'm very skeptical, it would be nice... but I think everyone wanted it to be true so they just ran with it.
    I like shiny math as much as the next guy, but the math comparing unshomaru to hagun was a little premature and has caused people to go zomgtpbonus even more.
    The TP might simply scale by +10% per person in the party. The best way to figure it out is by taking a weaponskill that has a very large boost between 100 and 200% tp, something like Full Swing due to the fact that 100% is 1.0 and 200% is 3.0 ftp. Therefore in a party of 6, if it indeed is +50% TP, Full Swing would have an ftp of 2.0 at 100%. That damage can be easily seen vs another staff with the same base damage at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorgul View Post
    Does anyone know what the hell the word "lyft" means or refers to? SE tends to be kinda clever about finding really obscure words that hint at the nature of what they're naming (e.g., calling the White Mage stances "afflatus," which roughly means "divine inspiration"). I know I'm sort of flailing wildly with this, but I cannot find an origin for the word "lyft" and it has me suspicious.

Old English. Lyft means atmosphere, air, or sky. I can see a bunch of jokes coming about the name of the weapons and Tu'Lia.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Onorgul View Post
    Online Etymology Dictionary - "left"

left
    c.1200, from Kentish form of O.E. lyft- "weak, foolish"...

also possibly meaning something like "air" or "sky": Online Etymology Dictionary - "loft"

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

1) average values
    2) Worms in Ronfaure(Sneak attacked)
    3) Would have to check exact numbers again but str was +58
    4) Yes and was pretty hard to get it to exact 100 always

6) is probably due to the small sample but peoples are too busy to spend time standing around it seems

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

a Lift (Lyft) is a machine that takes people up and down on floors

made that as simple as i could

to lift is to move upwards (the term for Air and sky comes into mind)

SE killing all Language's since 2002 '-')b

Old Merits
    BG Level

That's cute and all, Odin's Law, but I'm willing to bet that the "y" in "Lyft" is actually a yogh and that the name is a reference to something other than an bleeding elevator.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Definitely no TP bonus when solo. Idk who is going to be able to get 5 people to stand in pt with them in ronfaure for enough time to kill enough bunnies for tests though.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Shouldnt be that hard, they can just be put on follow (presuming its a distance and not just "in area") while theyre afk.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

my dreams have been crushed...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo View Post
    my dreams have been crushed...
    Hold on a sec. If lyft weapons cant be synergized then what was SE implying with the pic of the DRK wearing lyft Gsword. AF? It would be slightly entertaining if i could upgrade af+1 like that.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Could be that nothing high level can be etched yet since the cap is 50 and is getting raised to 100 later on.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Hold on a sec. If lyft weapons cant be synergized then what was SE implying with the pic of the DRK wearing lyft Gsword. AF? It would be slightly entertaining if i could upgrade af+1 like that.
    Since when were the lyft weapons white/blue?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bah i coulda sworn they were said to be those ones before. That and the fomor weapons didn't look like aern ones.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think the fomor NMs wield the "aern-looking" weapons but only drop a shitty, bland, dull version of the same weapon... insinuating you can upgrade it into the sweet looking ones. How is still a mystery.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Bah i coulda sworn they were said to be those ones before. That and the fomor weapons didn't look like aern ones.
    Lyft aren't the one's the fomor's drop

the one's the fomor's dro look like the "broken" version of the aern one's

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

those lyft weapons do upgrade there was a post on FFXIAH with SSs of upgraded versions. i dont remember where at this moment tho. was a group of 4. they had Great Sword Lance sword and another one.

Edit: Found the SSs http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=5911&page=3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast