Thread: AQ Test, anyone?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

oh boy it's like I'm really posting on deviantart!

you don't have to contribute to society! you don't have to contribute to society! you don't have to contribute to society! nobody has to contribute anything to society!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

19, no Assburgers here!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Agree: 4,12,16,18,21,23,26,42,46: 1 point
    Disagree: 1,3,8,25,30,32,37,50: 1 point
    Score: 17

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

I work with a 9 year old who has aspergers. A typical conversation with this kid goes-

-Are you 90% lion 10% house cat? This is oreo. He's 50% lion, 20% house cat, 30% human. Said conversation continues for 2 hours about the percentage of house cat/lion in the animals that live on his street.

-Martin Luther King Jr died on XX day, and his sister died on XX day, and someone else related to MLKJ died on XX day. Abraham Lincoln was born on XX day and died on YY day. Continues on for a couple hours with this one until he runs out of dead people, but he'll usually repeat a lot of ones he already said.

-Do you think there are 8 or 9 planets? I think there are 10 planets. The moon is a planet. Continues with this one for over an hour, or more if he goes into what he thinks the surface of Jupiter is like.

-Are you black, white or asian? (I'm obviously white btw.) I'm XX% black, YY% white. I'm %% Jewish and %% Christian. I'm %% Egyptian. When I grow up I will be %% black and less %% white. What is your nationality? Are you Egyptian? (He likes Egyptians I guess.) What % Christian are you? What % Jew are you? What % something else are you? This can go on for an entire 3 hour session cuz if I take him for a walk, he'll start asking people on the street if they're black, white, or asian. It's funny as hell, but also embarrassing and kinda rude to some people.

So basically, if you have Aspergers, you likely would have been diagnosed a long, long time ago. Aspergers or any other form of autism usually becomes apparent around age 2 in most children, some maybe a few months before. You shouldn't sit around thinking you have aspergers b/c you scored high on some internet test. Your doctors, parents, and/or teachers would have noticed the signs of autism when you were little.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Well did you ever think that maybe LHC threads cause Autism? Everything these days seem to cause autism or cancer, and none of us are sick, so yeah...
    This.

The gay too.

This isn't a test exactly, if you don't exhibit the traits already, just scoring in the aspy regions isn't a diagnosis, just means you've come about your oddness in a different way.

I exhibit SEVERE Aspergers traits in many categories, and finally understand why I was sure I was the only fucker on Earth who felt like this.

Just interesting to see where you score, compared to a (self)diagnosed Aspy.

Though the folks at wrongplanet.net all confirmed it for me pretty well.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Echo Isles

Scored a 30, funny thing tho. Because I have sever ADD and dislexia before I was tested for it. I was diagnoised as autistic but since I scored 140+ on 3 seperate IQ tests in my junoior years at highschool. My parents fought to get me tested. I just think anyone who thinks outside the norm just scores high on this. I'm good with numbers and good socialy. But can't remember names and faces.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I have always wondered why I have such an extremely tough time with names and faces and birthdays. I also have a very hard time understanding people when they talk and often have to ask them to repeat themselves so I can pay close attention to what they are saying. Otherwise talking sounds like gibberish to me.

I do have very acute hearing though.

Wireless Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Agree: 2,4,5,6,7,12,13,16,19,20,22,23,26,33,35,39,41,42,4 3,45,46: 1 point
    Disagree: 1,3,8,10,11,14,17,24,25,27,28,29,31,32,34,36,37,38 ,40,48,49,50: 1 point
    Score: 43

Huh. I guess my diagnosis at age 11 was correct.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Agree: 5,12,20,21,23: 1 point
    Disagree: 10,29,30: 1 point
    Score: 8

Sea Torques
    BG Level

You shouldn't really mix Aspbergers and autism. When you have autism you can't really function in a sociecty. Aspbergers is a weak form of autism and you don't have to depend on others to take care of you.

I scored 21. I like numbers patterns but I'm fairly social. Was really bad in social situations 5 years ago but as I got older I just stopped caring what others thought of me. That's what always worried me before.

Score: 13

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
    So basically, if you have Aspergers, you likely would have been diagnosed a long, long time ago.
    At age 4 I knew there was something wrong with everyone else on Earth.
    At age 6 I could have spent hours ranting at you about the problem with physics, or dinosaurs, now I do it about cars as well. I can tell you the make, model, options package, engine specs, drivetrain, horsepower, weight, weight distribution, interior space, all sorts of that shit just from glancing around a parking lot.

I'm constantly pointing out to my girlfriend the first time I see a specific model of car, today I saw 5 new camaros, two SS, a blue Z06 (thumbs up to the owner who was washing it as I drove by, he waved but was kinda unsure what happened), a 370z, a Volvo C30, a new Taurus SHO, along with 4 other new Taurus's. Those are all first incidents of seeing them on the street, or particularly exciting finds, like the 308GTSi I saw driving around a couple years ago.

If asked I could supply data about all of them from memory.

I never figured out how to interact with people, I just learned how to flirt, and control situations by putting them on my terms. You want to deal with me, you do it how I say, or I'm going somewhere else.

Unlike many Aspies, I enjoy eye contact, but only because I specifically pushed myself to enjoy it, in the same way you can make yourself like the feeling of falling out of an airplane. Terrifying, but fun. I'm not good at breaking it off appropriately though, and it makes me stutter. Eyes are fascinating though, it's the only way I can tell you guys are human.

I didn't identify with anyone in school besides the teachers, spent most of my time in class either drawing, or helping other kids. I long to be able to understand what is going on in your mind, if I can help you understand something you are curious about, I understand you that much better.

I've got weird ass cleanliness things, if a shirt isn't specifically covered in something sticky or heavy, mud, soda, etc... and it doesn't reek, it's clean as far as I'm care. If I'm going around others and want them to be comfortable I take care to smell nice, but my natural body odor is very light (native american) so it takes a lot to make it noticeable to others, and it's never really noticeable to me.

Yet, if I have anything with any odd texture on my hands, I have to go vigorously wash them, hot water as I can stand, good soap, rub them dry briskly.

Some songs, if I listen to them through headphones loud enough, certain points make me want to cry, it just feels indescribably beautiful in my head, the same as looking into my girlfriends eyes up close. It's just a bright, tingling, gorgeous sensation.

My stim habits have been focused into typing, juggling, rubbing my facial hair, picking my fingernails, though sometimes I have to get up and do some kung fu punches and kicks to get energy out.

If the fan is off balance, I will make sure it is balanced, every fan in my room is shimmed with little bits of paper and cardboard to null vibrations, the ceiling fan handle bounces off the light and taps, once every 4 to 5 seconds, incredibly lightly. If you didn't know it was there, you probably wouldn't notice it. It keeps me awake til I fix it, and it isn't like I sleep particularly well without medication anyways. I regularly stay awake 20~30 hours, occasionally spending a couple of days awake before I finally doze.

I'm not claiming I'm an Aspy as an excuse to not contribute, I'm trying to fix physics for my own reasons, but I'd love if others were able to benefit from it as well. It's the biggest problem I could identify, it's the one I have been trying to fix all my life.

I'm saying I'm an Aspy because it makes sense of a lot of weird shit I do, the overly verbose posting, the ranting endlessly about topics I love if provoked. All the quirks and weird shit, it's satisfying to know I'm not the only one who understands what this is like.

That is why the wrongplanet people didn't assume I was just an introvert claiming it as a reason to not be social, I love people, they're fascinating, I just don't have a fucking clue what is going on in your heads half the time.

I wasn't diagnosed because I never spoke to a doctor, I had other things in school that didn't make it apparent there, and I wasn't eager to trust them anyways.

I learned how to socialize in my own way, learned how to control the stuff I didn't like to an extent, and have never spoken more than a couple words to a psychiatrist.

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

Max, you can't diagnose yourself with Aspergers. And nothing you find on the internet or read in a book can diagnose you. You seem like you just really want to have it for some reason.

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I could rant about all the weird shit I do too Max but it doesn't mean there is anything unique or different about me and I don't have some form of syndrome or something to explain my behaviors. Sometimes we are just weird.

For example, I am obsessive over even numbers (or multiples of 5) odd things make me uncomfortable. I hate to step on the cracks on the floor, I count the number of steps it takes me to get between slabs of concrete on the sidewalk and try to walk evenly so it is the same number for each slab. I hate the feel of cotton balls and anti-static cloth. It makes my skin crawl. I will not touch cotton balls at all. (my wife likes to throw them at me as a joke sometimes which really sucks.) I feel distant and disconnected from people in general and have a hard time understanding anything from other peoples perspectives. I am extremely stubborn.

Anyway you get the point. Everyone can list out all the weird ass quarks they have.

Agree: 2,4,5,6,7,12,13,16,19,20,22,23,26,33,39,43,45,46: 1 point
    Disagree: 1,3,8,10,11,14,15,17,25,27,28,29,32,34,36,37,38,40 ,44,47,48,49,50: 1 point
    Score: 41

Never been tested, but can be relatively sure I do. A few of the males on my father's side of the family were officially diagnosed. Father exhibits classic symptoms. When I was 10 I took an IQ test (got 130ish even though my head was elsewhere due to my parents recently divorcing), and skipped the 6th grade. Probably should have skipped further, but my mother wouldn't allow it. Started full time college semesters through post-secondary enrollment in the 10th grade. Got my degree in mathematics two years ago, but back again getting a theoretical computer science degree. Order and logic rule my world.

You're all fucked up. Man do I love being normal

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Max, you can't diagnose yourself with Aspergers. And nothing you find on the internet or read in a book can diagnose you. You seem like you just really want to have it for some reason.
    Discussing it with diagnosed Aspies, finding that I finally understand another group of human beings fully, my girlfriend and her mother checking the traits for me, both of whom have much more experience with psychological issues.

Courtney is Dyslexic, her brother has a different type of introverted development disorder, can't answer a phone, spend long periods outside alone, etc, to an extreme level.

If I don't have it, then I'm truly alone, cause I'm not normal.

I'm aware that everyone has tics, does it HURT to avoid expressing yours?

Do you find more in common with your cat than any human you've ever met?

My childhood issues were something I dealt with myself, they didn't seem to be shared with others, I couldn't seem to make myself understood, so I delved into learning that much harder. Everything is shiny in a book, I don't need to wonder what is going on in someone elses head.

Are you completely unable to read body language? Modulate the tone of your voice? If the TV is going, there is traffic outside, someone is walking through the house, and someone talks to you, do you only pick up every third or fourth word from the overload?

Yeah, talking to people diagnosed with it made me realize, holy shit, THESE are normal people.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I got a 6, did I win?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

11. I love being normal. brb banging hot chicks