• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Blue Screen- Windows Xp Dell/ Driver problem?

Ok .. I just had this computer restored to factory settings and it still pulls this bs. (Oh yes it was doing it before among other things there was a virus in windows.) It has a mind of its own when it wants to bring the blue screen up and tell me it is a driver problem sometimes when I'm just on the net, sometimes when I load ffxi ( I've updated all updates in windows and i'm not pc savvy so that is my limit so far) I tried to do a search here and I found a driver/blue screen problem from 06 with this link .. http://www.informationweek.com/share...leID=189400897 is this what I need to do ? It looks confusing as hell to me ty bg.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

#1: If you want help with the problem, you should, you know... tell us what the blue screen says.

#2: The link you posted is about the reinstallation of XP, I fail to see how it's relevant to you at all.

That being said, blue screens are frequently a hardware problem, usually failing memory or power supply. Also, elevated heat issues can cause blue screens.

Yeah... what Ark said lol.

Start -> Run -> "mmc" -> OK -> File -> Add/Remove Snap in... -> Select Event Viewer in the left column, click ADD, Click ok, Click ok again to confirm local computer, click ok again to return to the mmc.

In the left column +Event Viewer (Local)
    +Windows Logs
    +System

(+ = expand menu)

Scroll down to the time/date of the Error, it will be marked with a red circle, double click it and tell us the code, then we can help =P.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

it says it is a hardware/ driver problem then when windows restarts it gives me a error report then explorer boots up to microsoft troubleshooting site telling me to update my drivers if you want a word for word what the screen says give it about 5 minutes...

edit: ^ ok lemme try this

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Princemercury View Post
    Yeah... what Ark said lol.

Start -> Run -> "mmc" -> OK -> File -> Add/Remove Snap in... -> Select Event Viewer in the left column, click ADD, Click ok, Click ok again to confirm local computer, click ok again to return to the mmc.

In the left column +Event Viewer (Local)
    +Windows Logs
    +System

(+ = expand menu)

Scroll down to the time/date of the Error, it will be marked with a red circle, double click it and tell us the code, then we can help =P.
    ok on the Add/remove Snap in I dont have a select event viewer in the left column i got Standalone and extension tabs and a ADD button.. what I do?

If you're using XP/win2k3 click add first then standalone.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bf801f46, parameter3 ee782c44, parameter4 00000000

that it?

0x8e errors are a pain, there was a guide out there that was pretty useful last time I got one, let me see if I can find it for you.

Here you go:

http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50966

Give it a try. The one you posted in your OP has a low chance of working, I've never done too many XP repairs but they probably won't delete files that don't belong there. If it's an altered system file, it might replace it.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

ok this was part of step 2:

2. To restart the computer using the Windows Recovery Console
    To remove this threat it is necessary to restart the computer and run the Windows Recovery Console. For full details on how to do this please read the Microsoft Knowledge Base article, How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP.

1. Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
    2. Restart the computer from the CD-ROM drive.
    3. Press R to start the Recovery Console when the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears.
    4. Select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
    5. Enter the administrator password and press Enter.
    6. Run the command "DISABLE pe386".
    7. Type exit
    8. Press Enter. The computer will now restart automatically.

Windows Xp came on my computer I have no CD-ROM . Is there anyway around this or do I have to buy it?

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

talked in pm-thx again man