BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ffxi     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've been completely turned off by all MMO's so you might not agree with my answer.

Superficially, ffxi is very different now then it was. There's a lot more content and things to do.

Fundamentally however it is the same, just as all MMO's are the same. No matter the depth and breadth of the content you'll always rely on repeating petty tasks to get anywhere. The rest of the time you're at the mercy of the amount of time you're willing to put in, waiting on or begging other players for help, or wasting precious time because of the most tedious of mistakes or bad luck. MMO's are waste of time.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Sell you're gil. Wish i could do the same, but i actually enjoy playing it still (some how...). Although camping 3 Kings, SW/DI is lame(even though im afk botting/scanning usually). The only thing that could respark some life into FFXI (for me) would be to integrate some servers together...seeing 1k people online at peek-hours is pretty depressing. The quality of players has dropped severely, as we cannot find any good players anymore, our LS finds itself doing everything w/ 7-9 people since the good players have quit or gotten banned long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma View Post
    So basically,in a nut shell, sell the gil because ffxi isnt what it used to be and Im not missing anything, I will have a better time with the money I profit from it...

Man, I miss the old days and the drama associated with it. Mostly everyone is gonna move on to to the new ff game, correct? I did WOW already and I am not interested in going back.
    Oh Zig how I miss thee. Many memories.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Nostalgia overload tonight.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I've been completely turned off by all MMO's so you might not agree with my answer.

Superficially, ffxi is very different now then it was. There's a lot more content and things to do.

Fundamentally however it is the same, just as all MMO's are the same. No matter the depth and breadth of the content you'll always rely on repeating petty tasks to get anywhere. The rest of the time you're at the mercy of the amount of time you're willing to put in, waiting on or begging other players for help, or wasting precious time because of the most tedious of mistakes or bad luck. MMO's are waste of time.
    Wasn't trying to go there in my previous post, but hit the nail on the head. People claim they stay on to socialize, but you can do that just about anywhere else. Some claim it's still fun, but is doing the same thing over and over again for minimal rewards ever fun? Might as well work a bullshit part time job in that case.
    Not trying to say I'm better than anyone else but since I quit all MMO's (with D2 on the side) I got more real friends,found a good fun hobby, my skin has darken back to its original luster and that $12-$19/mo has been more useful in my gas tank. Quit now while you can and enjoy real life.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you want to make those arguments for anti-gaming feel free. But don't kid yourself into thinking that playing through the content in an mmo is any different/more a waste-of-time than any other game. That's asinine(especially when you mention diablo2 in the same breath), at the end of the day any game you play can break down into "doing the same things over and over".

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    If you want to make those arguments for anti-gaming feel free. But don't kid yourself into thinking that playing through the content in an mmo is any different/more a waste-of-time than any other game. That's asinine(especially when you mention diablo2 in the same breath), at the end of the day any game you play can break down into "doing the same things over and over".
    It is different, games end, mmo's have updates. I don't consider D2 as a mmo or mmo's as games because games have an ending that you're rewarded with for your efforts. The efforts seem to outweigh the rewards in an mmo. All you have to look forward to is some more shit you feel the need to struggle to get and another expansion to explore. Until someone actually beats FFXI, my point stands.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    It is different, games end, mmo's have updates. I don't consider D2 as a mmo or mmo's as games because games have an ending that you're rewarded with for your efforts. The efforts seem to outweigh the rewards in an mmo. All you have to look forward to is some more shit you feel the need to struggle to get and another expansion to explore. Until someone actually beats FFXI, my point stands.
    What we have here is a difference in opinion. In my eyes, I beat ffxi back in 2004(5?) and haven't looked back since. And to me your point of view is more about people not being able to manage their time rather than a problem with their hobby.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'll agree to disagree, but my point was that even though you "beat" ffxi back in 2004ish, there's more content to make you think otherwise. It's not a matter of how much time people spend, but how much effort is going into something that's endless.
    Now that I think about it, maybe everyone that quit ffxi for good did beat the game because they found their own ending.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    Until someone actually beats FFXI, my point stands.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=370317

He says Hi nice to meet you- in jp.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Fucking sell that gil, I don't care how fun idiots in this thread think ffxi still is, it's not over 9000 dollars worth of fun. Cash out bro.

Old Merits
    BG Level

sell it

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You should get a good deal for the gil if you sell it too, Bahamut is a closed server.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I would sell the gil because the game is just so laughable along with the worst 4+ month period for the worst updates in mmo history. You could do something nice with that money especially with Christmas coming up or use some of it for a nice summer vacation.

One thing I will say though is that when I quit and sold my gil, the site didn't want to do it all in one transaction so they made me split up my gil on various different mules to different servers to make sure it was a safe transaction so it didn't look fishy.

Plenty of filler games out there as mentioned above till 14 comes out(assuming you're gonna play it.) to have fun on.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sell it, doing anything else is retarded.

As much as I learned to hate HNM camping, I must admit that those pics brought a bit of nostalgia back.

Old Merits
    BG Level

anyone remember the thread this gave rise to?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Erza/kinzuru.jpg

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

oh man i remember hating siste back when i was like level 30

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    How do I make shitty threads consistently? Teach me your ways zigma.
    Who are you again? I do not know who you are.