• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Final Fantasy XI and Windows Vista 64 bit.

Ok, so I am entirely new to FFXI (I just bought the Ultimate Edition off of Steam), and as I attempt to register for POL, once I put in my verified by visa credit card information, I receive a UCS 5311 - 'A time out error has occurred in the card authentication process' message. That's the full message, its not telling me my info is wrong, or that my card is not VbV.

It seems to appear instantly, as if it didn't even attempt to connect to the internet. Here are my computer's specifications if that helps at all.

• Windows Vista Home Premium 64
    • Intel i7 920 @ 4.2ghz
    • EVGA GTX 275 x2 in SLI
    • 6GB of DDR3 1333 RAM

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So, nothin'? I am kinda dyin' to play.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

They went strict on what kinds of cards are usable a little while back. Try a different one?

Bockage

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    They went strict on what kinds of cards are usable a little while back. Try a different one?
    I'm using the exact same video card as the OP (one only though) and win 7 64 bit and I've never seen that error before.

I wasn't able to find much about this error online, but I did see something suggesting it might be caused by noscript blocking the web page from fulling loading ... that is if you use it or if it even applies. If that's no good, you'll have to contact POL support.

Their number is: 1-858-790-7529, open Monday-Friday 9-5 PST.
    The web site is: http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...php?id=20&la=1

Make sure you have your POL ID and registration codes handy. I had to contact them the other day to unlink my broken security token from my account, and it wasn't that bad. Took only about 2 minutes for it to get done. Good luck to you.

I don't really think that's the kind of cards they're talking about. This doesn't really seem like a hardware issue at all.

Have you asked SE about it yet? They're more likely to know the answer in a quicker fashion. Granted, that might not be the case, we are discussing SE customer support here...

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah that's not a tech issue, unless the server simply timed out trying to verify your card.. Call SE Technical Support and experience the pain we've all known for years hehe..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

credit card, not graphics card.