+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GhostX     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

GhostX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...eature=related

pretty fun game, sort of a combo of lunia/dragonica and PSU

my IGN is PyroclasticS if anyone decides to give it a try, and so it's known you don't have to create a new character to try a new weapon type so alt-itis isn't an issue here

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wasn't sure about trying out this one how is it exactly?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

it has a nice proper storyline to go along with the gameplay, it's fastpaced. you level up you get stats to assign and a nice skill tree to allow various character builds.

you start with a choice of 3 nanobots that morph into different types of weapons they either follow you around in passive mode or you can morph them into the weapon.

it has a bank type storage, havent run across any type of mailing system yet but i havent really looked to be fair.
    In addition, the same NPC that runs your storage runs an auctionhouse that you can use to sell your stuff or buy stuff easy enough.

it has a system called super synchro where for an hour(i think an hour) per day you get a boosted 5x exp. If you decide to play, i've read that it's more efficient to just grind on mobs till your synchro is over and then do quests or kill bosses for weapon seeds.

the seeds are recipes you can permenantly learn to make nanobots of different types including a claw type, dagger, sword, dual wield and some others i forget.
    the nano weapons you create to use have their own level, as they level you get different skills for each different type of weapon (i think it's different for each type of nano, regardless if it's the same weapon type. i'm not sure though i havent played it a lot yet)

*edit* o yea, as your nanobot levels, it gets to evolve and your weapon changes it's looks when they do.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'll give it a try tomorrow and I just finished reading this review before you typed that.

http://mmohut.com/review/ghostx

Sounds good

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Azshara

Mailing system is actually your phone. It lets your send text messages to other players, and...you can somehow attach items to them.

Yeah, I don't understand that either.

Super Synchro gives you 5x exp and 2x drop rate. Boss drop rates don't increase though. Also, Super Synchro has a set amount of exp it will work for. It refreshes each day at 7am server time, and any unused Super Synchro during the week is pooled up and given back to you on Saturday.
    Oh, and the exp bonus doesn't work on your weapons.

Stats
    Strength -- +7.5 Physical Attack
    Spirit -- +7.5 Spirit Attack (Skill damage.)
    Stamina -- +180HP
    Agility -- +12.5 Critical
    Defense -- +20 def rate and 72 HP.

Each nano also has extra stats.

Recommended stat set ups:

A 1:1 mix of Strength or Spirit plus Defense is recommended for PvE. (But replace Defense with Agility for dual-wield.)
         -A mix of SPI/Def/Sta is considered best for soloing, especially with a sword. But you have to balance them in a way that you focus mainly on Defense, with a solid amount of STR and a small amount of supplementary STA. Most usually use the first five stat points on STA, put the next three levels of points into defense, then go 1:1 SPI/DEF. Using this method, you would replace ever fifth SPI point with a STA point. So it would look like this:

Lv1: Staminax5
    Lv2: Defensex2
    Lv3: Defensex2
    Lv4: Defensex2
    Lv5: Defensex1, Staminax1
    Lv6: Defensex1, Spiritx1
    Lv7: Defensex1, Spiritx1
    Lv8: Defensex1, Spiritx1
    Lv9: Defensex1, Spiritx1
    Lv10: Defensex1, Staminax1

(Then repeat the cycle that starts at level 5 until you reach the level 50 cap.)

A 1:1 mix of Strength or Spirit plus Stamina is recommended for a PvE/PvP mix.

Pure STR or SPI is recommended for PvP. (Going 1:1 with Str or Spi plus STA is good, too.)

------------------------------------------
    -The different weapon types of weapons are:

Knives-Which are actually ridiculously large swords.

High damage, short combos, large AoE radius, slow swings, no dash attack.

Swords - One handed swords.

Medium combos, medium damage, small AoE radius, fast attacks, spinning dash attack.

Best PvE weapon(Seven Blades, lv 35.) is in this category.

Attachments - Giant fist weapons on go on your right arm.

Long combos, lowish damage.

Guns - Actually sort of a subclass of Knives. There are some knives that have a skill that puts them into gun mode.

Dual-Wield - Dual blades, obviously. Most of them give you wings on your back for looks, too.

Stats like swords, but more critical hits/no dash attack/doesn't have anything with skills similar to Seven Blades for PvE grinding.

Bow - Subclass of Dual-Wield weapons, exactly like the Knife/Gun relationship.

You can get new nano recipes through fusing two nanos, evolving nanos(leveling), or finding a nano seed as a drop.
    --------

Bit of info on what you want to focus on for PvP/PvE:

PvP

Let me tell you right now that Knives are ridiculously overpowered in PvP.

Going to PvP? Pick Knives with either full Strength or full Spirit. A mix of strength and stamina works too, if you're worried about surviving. (Stamina adds a generous 180hp per point.) With the glitchy hitboxes, it's almost impossible to dodge knife attacks in PvP, and they can tear people apart in seconds.

Final notes;
    The Defense stat is useless in PvP. The effect doesn't work there(those extra blocks), so all you get is an extra 72hp per point. ...Less than half of what Stamina gives you.

---------------------
    PvE
    PvE is a bit more balanced. All types of weapons work pretty well.

The one thing to note is...if you plan on soloing, get Defense. It'll save your ass from more deaths than you'll be able to remember. Not only does it increase block chance to reduce damage taken, but it also reduces the chance you'll be knocked down.

May want to raise different weapons so that you can fuse them into a Seven Blades at 35+.

(Seven Blades is made by fusing Rockstar with Masamune. Both of which take many other fusions to get to.)

---

Clothes/Soma

Clothes all have the same basic stats and are only for looks.

So pick what you like, and find good somas to use on them every few levels. Somas are like gems that you socket into the clothes, thus giving the clothes stats like more defense/hp/str/whatever.

Protip: The somas that the clothing store sells are shitty, and only have the basic defense stats that all somas of that level have. Only use them if you find it absolutely impossible to get anything else.

The exception, of course, being the somas he sells for BP points...which are points gained through PvPing. The BP grind is slow and annoying, but the somas you can get from them are top notch.

I think that about covers it.

The story is pretty fun, and there are also a lot of quests and whatnot to do. I actually found myself leveling out of areas before I wanted to at times.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

thanks for the stat build. any ideas on what would be an optimal skill build for pve with seven blade sword nano in mind

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Azshara

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby View Post
    thanks for the stat build. any ideas on what would be an optimal skill build for pve with seven blade sword nano in mind
    I'd go with something like;

Spirit Tone Sword, Lv. 3 - AoE stun. Has very nice damage, but only works in a cone in front of you. Only consumes 10GP per use.

Thunder Three Swords, Lv. - Triple attack on a single target.

Food God: Summon Ghost, Lv. 3

Dragon Spirit Tone Sword, Lv. 3 - AoE stun. Higher damage and higher range than STS, cover a circular area around you. Costs 25GP per use.

And the rest are painful AoEs.

Wyvern Red Sword, Lv. 1

Cold Stare, Lv. 1

Malevolent Stare, Lv. 1

Also..I made a big mistake on that last post. It should be SPI rather than STR. You need the SPI to buff up the skill attacks that you'll most likely be using a lot, otherwise they may end up failing to work. Editing the old post right now.

Edit: Oh, I guess you meant character skills rather than weapon skills, haha. ;<<

It's pretty straightforward, but:

Chakra Activation 5/5 - +20 Spirit Attack)

Sword Training 5/5 - Increases sword damage.)

Chakra Spinning 3/3 (Reduces GP consumed by 20%)

Deva King 3/3 - Increases nanobot defense by 6%)

Instant Safe Fall 3/3 - Reduces chance to be knocked down by 30%. Being knocked down = not dealing damage and taking free hits from the enemy.

Chakra Acceleration 3/3 -Reduces recharge time of your skills by 12%.

Mighty Resistance Power 2/3

Sword Master 1/1 - Increases the damage output of your sword nanos to equal what they would be if they were three levels higher. So...if you're using a Lv30 sword nano, the nano's damage will be that of a Lv33.

As you can see, the build is focusing mainly on keeping you on your feet while also buffing up your Spirit/Damage. The great thing about the skill/stat mix is that you're nearly invincible. You can take major beatings and still dish out great damage with your skills. Just make sure to bring a good number of drinks. The two builds combined allowed me to solo to the max level without dying, and I got almost all of the perfect clears on the way. I had a bit of trouble finishing mission 29 in the time required for a perfect clear, so I ended up grouping for it. Well worth it in the end -- a perfect clear on mission 29 gives you the mount nano, if I remember correctly.

As much as I endorse this build, though...there's really no such thing as an optimal build in Ghostx. You just have to find something that works well with your playstyle. The defensive stat+skill build I outlined was a lot of fun for me, but so was a pure STR knife build that I ran on my alt. At times, I was even able to beat my sword build's score on missions with a bit of fancy dodging and monster grouping.

Other misc tips that I forgot;

- Never finish your combo, just stop before the last hit then restart the combo to keep the combo chain going. High combo chains have a giant effect on your final score for a mission. Just remember that only your biggest combo will count, so don't waste time going for another large combo if you already have a great one. Time is important, too.

-With swords, you can get around quickly by abusing the dashing attack. Roll>cancel into dashing attack near the end of the roll>immediately cancel and roll again. Goes much faster than simply running.

-Lorelei and Octopus are amazing sword nanos for their level(8 and 13), and I ended up using them a lot. They have the Spirit and Dragon Tone skills, which were invaluable for missions and farming.

-If you set your nanobot to follow mode instead of weapon mode, it'll greatly heal your HP and GP every few seconds. This is quite useful for when you run out of food, or when you're farming.

-Dash cancels in the middle of a Knife swing can increase the range of that attack, and allow you to immediately start another chain.

For example..
    In Mission 5's subway cars(the first great farming spot), I just grouped all of the monsters into a car together, unleashed Octopus' Dragon Spirit Tone Sword and Downpour Trampling Sword to kill them quickly, then set Octopus to follow mode to heal my GP. Monsters respawn very quickly in Ghostx, so they should respawn right about the time your GP is full again.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Downloading this now it'll be done in an hour

Relic Shield
    BG Level

wow i had no idea that setting your nano to passive made you regen, i was wondering why people just didn't stay in weapon mode.

thanks for the help overall, the forums on gamekiss are a pain to navigate and search through.

i found a loralai seed from the boss on the second mission map, it seems like it's gonna take awhile to gather the stuff to create it or am i wrong in assuming so?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Really cute, download and install and it crashes just trying to get into the main game.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Azshara

Quote Originally Posted by Bartylby View Post

i found a loralai seed from the boss on the second mission map, it seems like it's gonna take awhile to gather the stuff to create it or am i wrong in assuming so?
    It's possible that you'll get a Lorelei from the Lost Nanobot quest, so I'm not sure if you want to go after the materials just yet.

The materials aren't that bad when you have Super Synchro, though. Just run mission 2 a few times -- everything you need drops there(with the exception of the Purity souls, which you have to buy), and drop rates are fairly generous. Whichever of the starter three nanos you picked up should work just fine until then.

Does this game only have one type of server region? I feel some slight delay when I'm playing but all I see is channels and no countries.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Finished the tutorial and messed around some. The game is alright and I like the skill trees name is Insanecyclone on it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

shame it wont let you add people who aren't online