1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 31 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV's Survivability     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFXIV's Survivability

I'm starting to wonder if FFXIV will be able to stay afloat the upcoming year after its release.
    I've done a bit of research and it seems the following are scheduled to be in their final stages of completion:

- Highly anticipated Diablo III
    -Fallout online (MMO)
    - Guild Wars 2
    - Star trek online

Not saying these will 'kill' FFXIV but do you think sales will be affected by the release of these games to a point. My concern mostly is Diablo III its had a lot more advertising time and i think atm is more popular than FFXIV in terms of hype.

i know many who will play both but i know alot more who know of FFXIV but said their going to stick with Diablo.

What do you guys think?

Banned.

BG Level

Let's not forget:

-Pets
    -People
    -School
    -Zombies
    -Retards on message boards

I think FFXIV has it rough. Good luck FFXIV!

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Everything is meh, apart from Fallout Online. Star Trek will be popular, but it won't hold a huge online base. Guild Wars II will be a snooze fest a month in like it's predecessor. Diabolo III, eh...

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't think Diablo III is in the same genre to necessarily compete... Also, I don't believe FFXIV has even begun to be advertised outside of immediate news circles.

But its comming out the following year and has about as much hype as FFXIV will get

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I'm particularly worried that FFXIV's fourth expansion won't come out soon enough, because by then it'll be 2012 and the world will have ended. What does everyone think?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

WoW exists and FFXI is still alive.

Try again for another stupid speculation thread when it contributes nothing to the discussion about the game beause there's little to no info available yet to even compare it to other games.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlazed View Post
    But its comming out the following year and has about as much hype as FFXIV will get
    If only we could have prevented someone comming in your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    WoW exists and FFXI is still alive.

Try again for another stupid speculation thread when it contributes nothing to the discussion about the game beause there's little to no info available yet to even compare it to other games.
    Interesting because i'm not comparing the game to anything nor speculating anything
    Try again.

anyway, Im talking about could FFXIV be hurt by these upcoming games speculating is saying it will which i did not say. Valid question

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Diabolo III doesn't even seem to be an mmo...think of it like demon souls where you can meet up with people to do quests. At least this was the definite impression I got when I tried it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Interesting because i'm not comparing the game to anything nor speculating anything
    Try again.

anyway, Im talking about could FFXIV be hurt by these upcoming games speculating is saying it will which i did not say. Valid question
    The only way to answer your 'valid' question is to speculate on the MMO market 2+ years from now. It's like asking if two years from now a lethal tsunami of epic proportions destroying 90% of Japan's population will hurt the FFXIV subscriber base.

Banned.

BG Level

Questions are only valid when they can be answered. So no, not a valid question. Also why only restrict it to videogames? Perhaps a rainy day will hurt FFXIV. Perhaps an asteroid will wipe out humanity. SPECULATION!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ugh I want to quit the internet

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I want to quit the ffxiv forums

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I want to quit the ffxiv forums
    I thought all the mods quit modding the day this forum opened.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    FFXIV Discussion needs a post/membership minimum.

Like, 1500 posts, 1 year minimum.
    I still stand by this.

Understood. I was hoping to hear people thoughts on the matter not really get an answer in the form of yes/no. As i said in my first post what do you guys think

Banned.

BG Level

Understood. I was hoping to hear people thoughts on the matter not really get an answer in the form of yes/no. As i said in my first post what do you guys think
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    If only we could have prevented someone comming in your mom.
    ?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Online games and MMORPGs in general are much more accessible and popular today than it was back in 2001 so without a doubt, with the help of its name it'll stay afloat for a loooong time.

Diablo, Fallout, Guild Wars....star trek? They don't directly compete with each other. Saying "Diablo will kill FFXIV" is rather silly.

What do we have in hand so far?

1. More experienced SE.

2. "First" true current-gen MMORPG for consoles and a console that is completely online-capable (people had to buy a HD addon to play FFXI back then)

3. Name.

4. So far, a very promising game.

Considering all these I don't see why FFXIV would "fail" or "die" in a year. Speculations like these are no different than 12/12/2012 stuff.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Sometimes i wonder what this forum is for.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast