• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dual boxing on 1 computer, Please please assist.

Heya guys, first post here, and im really hoping you can help. Posted this on alla and maybe im not explaining it correctly.

I play 2 accounts through windower 3.41 on the same computer, they both load fine, no problems there. My problem happens randomly, either one or both of my accounts will freeze, and several second later this pops up on the screen. If both freeze, then it pops up twice, one on top of the other.

"Playonline Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

(in bold) Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

(not bold) We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidetial and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

Send error report Dont send.

Any ideas what the problem is? I have heard turn down the resolution on one of the accounts? If that helps, where would i go about doing this? Please help, i am having a blast dual boxing, but its drivin me nuts lol

Go to start menu, Playonline -> FFXI -> FFXI Config -> Screen Size turn those down.

And If that doesnt work you can PM your mule account details. I could use another fish bot

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

windower overrides the ffxi config resolutions, you can set them through the gui launcher. what resolutions are you playing at and what are your computer specs like?

Yea, I'm not sure the problem your having. I know it works as I have done it in the past quite a bit. Just set the resolutions down in windower so the windows don't really overlap, maybe turn the graphics down just a bit too.

This was my setup when I used to run all of my minions: (ultra page breaking with dual monitors)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, in my windower GUI launcher, my overlay resolutions are X 800 and Y 600. Im a computer moron, so bare with me. I cant turn those down any more than they are. I play on a macbook, but i installed windows on it, how would i find my computer specs?

Also, in the playonline > ffxi > ffxi config, it says this for the screen size options,

Overlay graphics resolution is 800 x 600, and

backround resolution 512 x 512.

Do i turn either of those down? I cant actually turn down the overlay resolution, well sorta, like 700ish but then it goes up to 1000+ on the second part. Ill try to

on the backround resolution, i can go to 256 x 256. Is that my problem?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

oh, wow, i just turned down the background resolution to 256 x 256, and it looks
    really really really bad, like, there is edges around my character lol. Is there any way to turn up the resolution on my main account and down on the other? Probably not, im gona run them both for a while, see if i get kicked out with this resolution, i reaaaaally hope there is a way to make my main account look better.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

You might not have the proper drivers installed to support ffxi if you installed another OS on a Mac type pc (ima mac newb tho so im not 100%) ~ You say your not a computer person, did you have someone else do the install?

compute specs~ Right click My computer > properties = Will give us CPU (Processor) and RAM ~ Click Device Manager -> Display Adapters to tell us your video card ~

I know there's another way to do this that gives us all your information but im going blank right now...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, since im on mac, no right click lol, but i opened the properties and all it shows is how much free space i have. When i partitioned my harddrive and installed windows, i only put 32 GB on the windows side. at the moment, i have 9 GB free space. So im not sure how to get to the device manager... Im sorry, im really bad with computers ha ha.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ok, found it, one sec ill post it all

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ok, gona type what it says under computer. It was in my performance and maint section under control panel.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
    T8100 @ 2.10GHz
    795 MHz, 988 MB of RAM
    Physical Address Extension

for my video card is it this?
    Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    it says it twice there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

If thats correct @.@; Im going to go out on a limb and say your computer is running out of memory when you 2 box.....or over heating....

Someone with more knowledge should be able to tell you for sure

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

well, i know its not exactly the best test, but my old laptop would get REALLY hot, this one never does, barely gets warm. I can delete some crap to free up some space, think thats part of the problem?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, the computer could use more ram and a real video card. What you have is an integrated chip not really meant for gaming. You can run 2 resolutions if you launch them through the gui_launcher or have 2 folders of windower with different saved settings.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, JUST happened to me again, same message, this time i was NOT dual boxing, i was in dynamis, and an eye got off a firaga III, the second it hit a bunch of ppl and scrolled across my screen i froze. It also did it when i was in the middle of like 5 smn's in qum island the other day. So, lag = kick out? If there is too much crap on my computer, and it needs more room, ill clear a loooot of stuff out.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, awesome, so if i wana run them in different res, i can just open the GUI launcher? And i just set the res before i launch them? I can open my main in the good one, and the mule in the crap one that way then? thank you, i hope that along with deleting some stuff off my computer helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionikes View Post
    Ok, JUST happened to me again, same message, this time i was NOT dual boxing, i was in dynamis, and an eye got off a firaga III, the second it hit a bunch of ppl and scrolled across my screen i froze. It also did it when i was in the middle of like 5 smn's in qum island the other day. So, lag = kick out? If there is too much crap on my computer, and it needs more room, ill clear a loooot of stuff out.
    try turning off your in-game effects through the in game config.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, so in the effects menu, everything is set to "off", are those filters that need to be turned on? Or if i turn them to On they'll be on.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, my plan is to run my main account in normal settings, through windower that is 800 X 600. But i was gona run another account in a lower resolution. How do i lower the res on the second account though, there is no lower setting. The only lower resolution i can find is in the ffxi config settings. but does that affect windower? How do i run one of them on a lower res?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok, i just found a lower Overlay Graphics Resolution. I was in 800 x 600, but i just scrolled up and saw 640 x 480. Only problem im running into is that when i set it, it seems to change back when i open ffxi. Dont windowers settings overrite ffxi's? So even if i change it in the FFXI config, its just gona go back to 800 x 600 when i run windower?