+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adhoc Party(ps3)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Adhoc Party(ps3)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhoc_P...ation_Portable

Has anyone played around with this yet? I rarely get online with my fat psp but this makes me want to buy more psp games that use adhoc online. I did a duel on tag force 4 earlier with this and it worked fine with no lag.

Games I have that can play on it:
    Yugioh 5Ds Tag Force 4
    Dissidia
    Coded Arms
    Armored Core: Formula Front

I consider on getting these before and or after christmas to play online:

Monster hunter freedom unite - First time playing these if I do.

Phantasy star portable - We can play it online through adhoc right?

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

I really can't decide on what else to get that people would play online with.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Your going to love monster hunter, I wish three was coming to another console besides the wii, gunna have to break down and buy a wii in march when monster hunter tri comes out.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Your going to love monster hunter, I wish three was coming to another console besides the wii, gunna have to break down and buy a wii in march when monster hunter tri comes out.
    So tri is coming stateside? I thought it wasn't because of the fee to play it online.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

They havent decided if there will be a fee service or not, but Tri is coming to the states, march 30th as of right now.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Yea, Monster Hunter was hella fun to play on Adhoc (JP version). Glad to see the AdHoc Party in English. Got a few games I've wanted to play online (Armored Core especially).

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Tekken 6?

Anyway, I've been playing MH since forever, but I don't like it enough to buy a fucking wii.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Only used it to play Monster Hunter, but it's a blast. Note that Phantasy Star Portable 2 is gonna have online play, so if you wait for that there's no need for AdHoc Party anyway.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Every game I see in the lobbies are for Freedom unite. I may have to pick that up before christmas and play it some.

Learning curve in MH games are steep correct?

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Every game I see in the lobbies are for Freedom unite. I may have to pick that up before christmas and play it some.

Brand new on Gamestop's website for 19.99 right now.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Brand new on Gamestop's website for 19.99 right now.
    Hmm I'll pick it up next week then.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

I suppose quite steep, but it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. You'll probably have some trouble when you first start hunting bosses, but once you get the hang of fighting big stuff it's generally just a case of how quickly you can pick up on enemies moves. It's a very dodging-oriented game, you take a ton of damage and you can only carry a small amount of potions, so it's largely a case of learning how to hit stuff without getting hit yourself. There's plenty of people in the thread in Gaming or Spam who can give you any help if you need it though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Yea, Monster Hunter was hella fun to play on Adhoc (JP version). Glad to see the AdHoc Party in English. Got a few games I've wanted to play online (Armored Core especially).
    I raged when trying to play AC on the PSP.
    The control setup is just nowhere near as good as the console versions (I really should have thought of that before I gave it a shot, but I was overwhelmed with thoughts of 'FUCK YEAH!!! NEW ARMORED CORE GAME') and I just couldn't get any enjoyment out of it.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Could you give a rundown on how the controls are? If I cant get yugioh off the PSN this week i'ma throw another bitch-fit and get that(i got dissidia last week ). I liked the ps2 ones, had some difficulty with ps3 if that helps

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Could you give a rundown on how the controls are? If I cant get yugioh off the PSN this week i'ma throw another bitch-fit and get that(i got dissidia last week ). I liked the ps2 ones, had some difficulty with ps3 if that helps
    Armored core's? Their actually really good on the psp despite the missing right analog

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Dude, no.
    It's hard as FUCK to melee in combat now because that shit is on the d-pad.

So, really... imagine an enemy to that is forward and to your left... you want to turn with L be moving forward AND melee. In the PSP versions all 3 of those actions use your left hand.
    It's way harder than on the console versions. I constantly utilize melee and OB/EO (which is also in the d-pad) and disarming weapons is slightly more annoying as well.

I imagine that the controls would seem decent to someone who isn't used to AC controls being a certain way but for veterans this shit is probably a kick in the nuts. Give it a try and see how you like it, don't just take my word for it... you may love it.

(looking up and down not being on shoulder buttons also takes some getting used to)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright we're playing this online sometime just need to make a new game on it again.