Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Final ASA Fight = Total BS, Please Help

Ok I have tried this fight 5 times already and have failed every time miserably. The strat we used is like majority that uses but apparently when we do it, it never works. We tried to kill BLM Shantotto first by fighting her by the door and a thf soloing the WHM Shantotto in the circle. That seemed plausible at first but it didn't matter with the tag team move at will so all hate is lost at that point. Then we tried to kill BLM Shantotto near door and leave WHM Shantotto alone. That worked up until the 10% mark when they just AOEd us to death in about 5-10 sec even with spam cures from rdm and whm. Also from watching the fight multiple times, it seems the Shantottos do their 2 hr/Rage/Team up abilities at will. On wiki supposedly they only do it once per shantotto, but this is not true. I have witnessed the blm shantotto doing her 2 hr/team up 3 times in the same fight. Also from what i have heard they made the fight more difficult in a recent update because of something not working correctly. The setup I have used is Thf/Nin, Sam/Nin x2, Whm/Sch, Rdm/Whm, Smn/Whm and that doesn't seem to work at all. Also been seeing everyone do this fight with 4-6 smns which I heard is beyond jokingly easy. I don't want to go that route to beat this fight (I'm not lvling smn for 1 stupid mission). Any advice pls give me because all the strats on Wiki have failed for me miserably and tbh I'm getting tired of it. About this close from giving up altogether cause of the stupidness of this fight. Any helpful advice would be appreciated (pls don't go do it with smn, that's not an answer I'm looking for). Thanks.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

hmm theres an entire thread dedicated to this expansion and final boss battle strategies. It's titled The Shantotto Accension. Just encase you missed it...

WALL
    OF
    TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Everyone gets all 16 saps if they're on the mission/repeating it. I did this not 2 days ago with DRG/SAM, MNK/NIN, NIN/WAR (kited WHM Shantotto in circle), RDM/WHM, BRD/WHM (who for some reason didn't bring an instrument) and WHM/BLM. BRD 2hrd at 60% of D. Shantotto, DRG and MNK 2hrd at ~30%, RDM/BRD/WHM all spammed Curagas and we wiped after killing D.Shantotto. Raised, rested to full, killed WHM Shantotto without much issue (WHM Bene'd when they ran out of MP.)

Make sure melees eat meat and mages eat the best +MP food they can get and stay outside of max casting range, otherwise the fight was pretty easy I don't know what to tell you, maybe find people who can deal damage and cure properly?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Meh. The fights not stupid, its just not easy lol. We went 1/4:

Basically DD DD DD WHM WHM Kiter (BLU is best I think cos they can do great DD too when not kiting) - if you lose with this setup, someone is doing something stupid. The reason we lost the first few times was simply not waiting for WHMs and taking SCHs or RDMs instead.
    We won with SAM DRK MNK WHM WHM RDM but all jobs are pretty interchangeable in my opinion.

Other variations may well work, im sure it can be done without the WHMs but BENEDICTION is your FRIEND purely because curing back a total of 20k+ HP is a pain even with massive curaga spam. Most fails are due to lack of healing during rages, or people too afraid/hesitant to use thier 2hrs.

Strategy is as you said, bring D.Shan to door and nail it, kite WHM in circle. If you beat BLM before wipe, you have wasily won fight, however as long as you survive the rage, even if you dont kill it you can still RR, rest and win (we did).

Dont hate the game for being hard in places - personally I like a challenge.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fail OP, fail post after. "Encase", lol.

Trioed with RDM SMN SMN(one of which was ABed and had no skill, whee) at 9 am after not sleeping all night, 1/1. I don't see how people can think this is difficult..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta View Post
    WALL
    OF
    TEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Went 1/1 with SMN SMN SMN SMN SCH RDM

With all the hexes the fight was easy. I was the only death, and just had some bad luck in the last 5%.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Can i get a tl;dr?

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

SMNx5 and you can leech

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

"Throw SMNs at the problem"

Hilarious. I'm glad I'm a SMN. We did, in fact, go 1/2, but the time we won we had four SMNs and it was easy.

Since the OP doesn't know how to read, I'll give this tip for the rest of you. Even if you wipe and both of them are still alive, as long as you manage to get one of them below 10%, you can still win. They only rage once.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Went 1/1. Whm/Sch, Pld/Nin, Rdm/Whm, War/Ninx2 and Sam/Nin.

Killed WHM Shantotto first, not BLM. Wiped at 10% on the WHM, got up rested to full pulled her again killed her easily since she had no rages left, then chipped away at BLM until it's first Rage at 50%, after his first rage wore off melee's all 2hr'd it and burned it down easily.

Didn't even need to wipe, just while I was holding the BLM one it did Meteor and killed our Rdm who was standing too close to me. If he hadn't of died we wouldn't have had to wipe at all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also 1/1. We went WHMx2 RDM DDx3. Both WHM made curaga 3 and curaga 4 macros and we cast them alternately over and over completely ignoring if they were needed or not (assume that if no curing is needed now it will be in 3 seconds when you are not casting and just overcure a bit). DD killed the BLM while RDM kited the WHM. As long as your healers stay out of range of the nasty AoE this fight is easy. Just make sure you get all the saps.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Why are your samurai's subbing ninja? When I did this fight, (1/1), I was on sam/war and the other sam was /nin. He did way less damage over the course of the fight. /nin isn't going to help much over the fight, they AoE spam, use seigan third eye like a man.

You need to zerg the first shantotto you pull. Work her down then when they start doing the tag team bull shit kill her asap, use all 2 hours. If needed, wipe once she's dead, you get a reraise without weakness, and its plenty to win. We wiped twice on our attempt and still managed to win in time.

If you still can't beat this fight, I'm going to say that your group sucks and you need new people.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you still can't beat this fight, I'm going to say that your group sucks and you need new people.
    This. Lost my first run because Whms heard 'curaga' 100 times before the fight, then immediately forgot they existed when we entered. Later run I went with a different group, same setup, and did it easily.