BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any military experts?

Long story short, is there any way for me to find out if one of my really good friends got an extended stay in Iraq or if something (hopefully not) bad happened to him? He was supposed to be back a few months ago and I havn't heard from him since, so I'm kinda wondering wtf I can find out and how.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Long story short, is there any way for me to find out if one of my really good friends got an extended stay in Iraq or if something (hopefully not) bad happened to him? He was supposed to be back a few months ago and I havn't heard from him since, so I'm kinda wondering wtf I can find out and how.
    If you have his base address, send him mail, easiest way to get in touch, unless they have a hadji cellular.

SF Fan circa 1988
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rakiel Kanan
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ask his family, the Family Readiness Group should have informed family members of any extensions in country.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

doesn't take a military expert to conclude that you're friend has died.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nuker View Post
    Doesn't take an English teacher to notice your English fails.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Nuker View Post
    Dude, that's seriously fucked up.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I remember reading that the average stop loss was something like 6 months and that a lot of them are issued, so there is a good chance of this. Probably best to write him a letter or email.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Get in touch with his family support group at his unit. They'll be able to tell you just about everything you need to know. Also, it'll probably be quicker to get ahold of him/her that way anyway, since they can quickly get ahold of someone that is there and tell him/her to give you a ring.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They (his wife) moved so I don't have their home number anymore. I do know where he was stationed so I can look up the base address.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

That would be the way to go then. Knowing his base helps, but there are so many different units assigned to a base it's still going to take some work on your part. If you know about when he left, you can probably narrow down what unit he is a part of. At that point, just call someone at fairly high echelon level (maybe a brigade or battalion headquarters) and see if you can track him down that way. They should be able to direct you to his unit CQ and get you in contact that way. It's how I tracked down a buddy in Germany while I was stationed there.

SF Fan circa 1988
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rakiel Kanan
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy shit, Sgtpayne, haven't seen that name online in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    They (his wife) moved so I don't have their home number anymore. I do know where he was stationed so I can look up the base address.
    Maybe his wife just hates you for no reason and has there for blocked him from talking to you.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I know this is BG, but theres no reason to be a douchebag.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Do you know what unit he was in? Most of the time you can find out what units are deployed and where. Many units have had their tours extended.

Also, here's a link that may help: http://www.icasualties.org/Iraq/Fatalities.aspx

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Maybe his wife just hates you for no reason and has there for blocked him from talking to you.
    I don't know his wife very well but I know they moved and I didn't get their new number. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Effluo View Post
    Do you know what unit he was in? Most of the time you can find out what units are deployed and where. Many units have had their tours extended.

Also, here's a link that may help: http://www.icasualties.org/Iraq/Fatalities.aspx
    Well he's not on that, so thank god. I know hes in Ballad and in the Air Force. I just have like.. 0 military knowledge and no idea what to do other then google and calling whoever shows up.

Old Merits
    BG Level

If you can't find out any other way, you might be able to use http://www.afpc.randolph.af.mil/libr...rcelocator.asp if it's important you get a hold of them. From what it says though, it has to be in writing and there's some kind of fee of 3.50. If you know the stuff they ask for anyway.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

NK, hey send me a PM with his name and i'll look it up on the AF global address list tomorow, and PM with the info, infact i'll shoot him an e-mail and tell him to call your ass.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks to shepardG I managed to get his work number and I bugged the crap out of him to get his new home number but he's still busy cause he just got back and is in transitition or something (he used a lot of miliary words I didn't understand). Thanks a lot for the help and I'm gonna lock thread now since it's ovarrrrr