Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can't you reapply Enspell2 before it wears off and prevent the damage from reverting to base level? I'm thinking in line with Auspice and its accuracy bonus following missed attacks.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post

First Swing: 200 * .95 = 190 * 36 = 6840 enspell damage from enspell2
    First Swing Enspell 1: 200 * .95 = 190 * 18 = 3420 enspell damage from enspell1
    Second Swing: 100 * .95 = 95 * 18 = 1710, total of 5130 or .75 of enspell2's damage

Accuracy is entirely independant, as both swings are capable of missing.
    Agreed, didnt do the math. As it is my Spellcast loads Enspell II when not using dual wield, and Enspell I when dual wield (as I always use Joytoy main when not /nin, and sub when /nin).

On a slightly different note: (if this is posted elsewhere pls say) the portion of my spellcast for Enspells always picks enspell by day/weather - but how badly does mob elemental resist affect the damage? And is this different enspell I vs II?

Example:
    Firesday, Wind weather, fighting Quadavs.

Do you use En - aero/fire/thunder?

I would parse it but not sure how reliable/accurate parsers are with add effect etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Can't you reapply Enspell2 before it wears off and prevent the damage from reverting to base level? I'm thinking in line with Auspice and its accuracy bonus following missed attacks.
    And no, dont think u can (at work but 90% sure it wont overwrite)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    No, it's per cast, not the effect in general.

IMO, Enspell 1 most of the time anyway because of the on-cast skill calculations - counts for resist rate, not just max damage. Math would technically need to account for resist rates as well. A simple assumption of 1/2 is kind of off.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

1st off, thank you to everyone. I did not know that en2's did more dmg over time. I am going to go check this out. I only ever melee rdm in campaign or nm camping. I almost always go /nin and do en1's for the joy and other sword just simply adding up the dmg for one mob en1's were winning. I sometimes go /war and the DA's with joy there tend to make my en1's look like they are doing more total. I agree with the guy/gal above that said SE failed at en2's they should proc on DA's and multi hit weapons as well. Come on give rdm something cool to write home about. I have always tried to pick the en spell that is the weakness of the mob I am fighting. But I have noticed with en1's they all seem to do the same, where as the en2's are more noticeable when you pick the mob's weakness.

On a side note, mnk/rdm with en anything is just rude in campaign, it goes of on DA's and kicks.
    Nin/rdm gets mean too if you swing fast enough.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I always like to go rdm/dnc joy+genbu
    Enspell2 would proc on the first swing and aspir samaba would proc on the second. That plus refresh was a nice mp boost. In dire situations could click off the enspell and switch to drain.

Go with the intent to tank mobs (take and give damage) and cure people/npc around you and you should get loads of exp/an.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeydonkey View Post
    On a slightly different note: (if this is posted elsewhere pls say) the portion of my spellcast for Enspells always picks enspell by day/weather - but how badly does mob elemental resist affect the damage? And is this different enspell I vs II?
    Due to how elemental resistances play out in FFXI, unless something has an innate resistance or youre meleeing something thats EM or whatever, you probably wont notice it. Your natural skill should overtake any elemental resistances.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahan View Post
    I agree with the guy/gal above that said SE failed at en2's they should proc on DA's and multi hit weapons as well.
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/ff...KrakenClub.png

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fencer's, hollow, and/or any other enhancing gear also skews the expected damage for enspell tier 1.

So given a base of 19 T1 and 35 T2 and joy with a proc rate of 45%
    Joy could be (19+5+3)*1.45=39.5
    and /nin it would be 54/81 for an average round of 66.15

of course the alternative could be a blau with +8 T2 for ~43 per hit with roughly three fourths the delay of joy

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

also remember, if you are campaining /dnc on rdm, enspell II wins, because then you can get your enspell dmg in on all of your first hits, and still get some extra mp back from aspir samba on your 2nd hits.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

to chiyio,

yea yea ok that would be semi-broken damn me for not thinking that one through.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

in my experiance en1 if your gonna dual wield, en2 if just the joytoy

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I recall seeing somewhere after the En.2 update where someone did some math and I guess I read it wrong, I've been using T1 thinking that it was better.

I just have one confirmation, I saw some mentions of magic accuracy, but I haven't seen any good arguments on which would be better on higher level mobs. I tend to tp on some low man events on rdm like Dio farming and tbh I have no idea how resist rates for either one are calculated. My T1 gets 301 enhancing skill and I tp in full haste/acc with no enhancing skill so that would be base. Anyone know how macc works with this and how well t2 would work on higher level mobs with this kind of set up?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

using the en2 group is one way of lowering a mobs resistance to an element. i haven't seen anyone really put this to good use, but its basicly the same as the mythic ws (except that the ws is far far better). this would make it easier to land spells like slow/para or help blm with resist rates on hnm. as your en2 dmg increases i believe the elemental resistance of the mob decreases for the element your using. when your en2 caps thats probabily the same time the elemental resistance down caps.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

En2 if single-wielding Joyeuse, Justice, Ceremonial Dagger, whatever.
    (The trick is in the single-wield!)

En1 everything else (Dual Wield, Kraken).