Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the fuck     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    But let's not just restrict trial accounts from sending tells because our solution of judging messages to be spam will clearly be superior.

God, I love SE's logic.
    I honestly dont understand the logic of the RMT.

"I'm gonna annoy the shit outta you until you buy my gils!"

Like.. wut?

The same people who aren't interested in buying one day, more than likely wont suddenly be interested the next day. Even if the price has lowered.

If someone has these tells filtered, they are clearly not fucking interested.

Yet they go through the trouble anyway of telling the same people who have them filtered and obviously don't want anything to do with RMT.

Take a hint much? Jeez.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Pirian from Caitsith? Did he sell his account then or did you scam him or something?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Pirian from Caitsith? Did he sell his account then or did you scam him or something?
    I'm fairly sure I saw Pirian in whitegate the other day, so I'm gonna go with plasticsurgeon/whatever.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaru View Post
    I'm fairly sure I saw Pirian in whitegate the other day, so I'm gonna go with plasticsurgeon/whatever.
    Ah, wasn't sure with the rmt kiddy crew up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    its a trial account Pirian dosent have Valhalla body from the looks of his FFXI AH

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable View Post
    its a trial account Pirian dosent have Valhalla body from the looks of his FFXI AH
    BACK THE FUCK UP.

Is the taru in your avatar RIVERDANCING?

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr View Post
    BACK THE FUCK UP.

Is the taru in your avatar RIVERDANCING?
    TANK! sup broski hows that amano going and SOTU

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dramafinderftw View Post
    TANK! sup broski hows that amano going and SOTU
    Did you just derail my derail? Amano will be done tonight once I get a Necro(lol). Unless of course our Xarc gets ganked again.

I'm no longer with them. Every time I'd get on shell it would be a different person playing Tigue and he'd say shit like "Tnak did kick, how give you new pearl?" so I said fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr View Post
    Did you just derail my derail? Amano will be done tonight once I get a Necro(lol). Unless of course our Xarc gets ganked again.

I'm no longer with them. Every time I'd get on shell it would be a different person playing Tigue and he'd say shit like "Tnak did kick, how give you new pearl?" so I said fuck it.
    lol, congrats that seems like that peice of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable View Post
    LOL i just got hit w/ that here on Siren server,though not as epic as yours....
    http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/o...206_000611.png
    dude what the fuck. you stole my sig.

http://i45.tinypic.com/282kppg.jpg

Brrosale, they must be getting cold, it IS winter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    But let's not just restrict trial accounts from sending tells because our solution of judging messages to be spam will clearly be superior.

God, I love SE's logic.
    Do you even play FFXI? The SE filter stops 90% of RMT tells. I used to get 4+ tells per hour, now I only get 1, or 2 tops per *day*. The only stuff that gets through stuff like this pic. Which even windower one has to be updated daily, just to block them.

So SE didn't fix the problem in 1 update, it still blocks a ton. Windower couldn't fix the problem in 1 update either, text in tells is always changing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by tsaroth816 View Post
    Do you even play FFXI? The SE filter stops 90% of RMT tells. I used to get 4+ tells per hour, now I only get 1, or 2 tops per *day*. The only stuff that gets through stuff like this pic. Which even windower one has to be updated daily, just to block them.

So SE didn't fix the problem in 1 update, it still blocks a ton. Windower couldn't fix the problem in 1 update either, text in tells is always changing.
    Too small a sample size. i've been getting MORE ever since the filters were added.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Too small a sample size. i've been getting MORE ever since the filters were added.
    Then seriously, you have not clicked on the spam filters. I was getting 15-20 per day, sometimes 5 in a span of 1 hour.

I haven't gotten more than 5 or 6 total in the last 10 days.

The rmt people use the same method on every server, so I am saying this statement you made, is just not plausible.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

http://i46.tinypic.com/20iudtz.png

I was doing some SCNMs with my LS and I got called gay and told to buy gil.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

O Gay Yay

To be honest, this one is pretty clever.

DAKPluto

I thought my Random Fail thread was far better.....

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    Then seriously, you have not clicked on the spam filters. I was getting 15-20 per day, sometimes 5 in a span of 1 hour.

I haven't gotten more than 5 or 6 total in the last 10 days.

The rmt people use the same method on every server, so I am saying this statement you made, is just not plausible.
    I currently get 5~8 a day with the filter on not counting today which was surprisingly rmt free.
    Just because YOU had some luck with the filter doesn't mean everyone else has and likewise the filter not doing jack shit for me doesn't prove that the rmt are spamming more.
    My theory is that chatmon blocked off a decent chunk more of the rmt messages than i thought it did previously. Once the filter came in and they started speaking in algebra chatmon didn't have a way to block anything that gets past SE's filter.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Ever since the update I haven't renewed chatmon and I get like 5 or so tells a day with the filter on. Used to get 0, but the new chatmon was blocking tells with only numbers in it for some reason, and I missed some bids in dynamis because of it so I had to stop using it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I hate to shout spaghetti code, but a friend and I spent some time testing the filter and it would be an understatement to call it totally inconsistent. I sent him a tell full of various RMT websites that I'd had spammed at me over the months and it got blocked. He did the same and it went through. Then, not five minutes later, I sent the exact same tell that had been blocked before and it went through. Not that SE really has any motivation to kill these tells (dying game, RMT equals money, etc. etc.), but they seem to have put in less effort to block these than a bedroom programmer could accomplish in a weekend.

Of course, I still get RMT tells in that other game with the Orcs and Night Elves and they've had a (far more effective) filter for ages now. Nothing's perfect.